Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:54:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-07-05] Bitcoin is switching from investment commodity to everyday use  (Read 877 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 08:00:44 AM

Bitcoin is switching from investment commodity to everyday use [INFOGRAPHIC]

http://www.coupofy.com/blog/bitcoin-is-switching-from-investment-commodity-to-everyday-use?utm_content=bufferb6e68&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:33:00 AM

That inforgraphic is pretty cool.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 12:20:17 PM

Is there a way to get it displayed here?  It's not loading mobile...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 02:30:45 PM

@kjlimo

Kiss

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 03:25:59 PM

@kjlimo

Kiss

Thanks! 

Didn't display on phone here, but I was able to copy the jpg link and that viewed perfect!

Great info graphic.

Why is Discover on the daily transactions twice?

Also, is UnionPay big in China?

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 08:21:34 AM

Doubt it. From my point of view bitcoin as well as other cryptocurrencyes more and more becoming a specultaive instrument rather than a currency. In order to use it as an everyday currency it should be way more stable.

Dick Valentine

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 01:11:31 PM

I'd still say far more people are holding it as an investment commodity at the moment than actually spending it. People can see the long term potential in it so they are reluctant to spend it but likely will in the future when adoption is more widespread.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 03:14:43 PM

the cool thing is: you can do both - spend it and save some  Wink

Kyt Dotson

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 11:07:00 PM

Doubt it. From my point of view bitcoin as well as other cryptocurrencyes more and more becoming a specultaive instrument rather than a currency. In order to use it as an everyday currency it should be way more stable.

The high volatility of the BTC market has always made me believe that's one of the barriers to large scale consumer adoption. I think that it's also a huge potential service space for consumer-side services to hook up with merchant-side services and use BTC as backchannel for payments, thus helping avoid some of the volatility.

Meanwhile, the release of more easy-to-use smartphone apps and wallets (as well as services that sell BTC easily) may also be helping close that gap. The problem I've seen is that pretty much all of 2014 we saw consumer and merchant adoption flatten; now in 2015 it seems to be all about institutional adoption touting "we're going to use the blockchain!" without much regard for bitcoin as a currency.

I guess it'll be more give and take before we see BTC as currency rise again in the community. No doubt Bitcoin Black Friday will be the next canary for that.

SiliconANGLE: Bitcoin Weekly (My weekly column)
Read Black Hat Magick - not your ordinary detective agency - geeky fiction
BTC: 13MPMB6wU9j9RcqFRsubtngmtmvh3guZGp
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 09:48:47 AM

That infographic is over a year old. I think BTC is being held primarily as an asset by most of the new adopters. Especially with the world markets as they are at present. The recent upturn in BTC valuation also inspires speculation.
It's all good.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:20:43 AM

I'd still say far more people are holding it as an investment commodity at the moment than actually spending it. People can see the long term potential in it so they are reluctant to spend it but likely will in the future when adoption is more widespread.

They're probably spending it now they're bored of it as an investment. I'm sure there are a few hard core users who only utilise it for spending. The majority got some in the hope of it rising.

It needs to become some type of store of value before it can become anything like a mainstream currency. Spending and replacing helps that along.
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 11:29:37 AM

That infographic is over a year old.

did anyone know if there is a new one? if yes, whats the link?

btw what most impressed me is the bitpay top 3 emerging countrys, brazil india and indonesia? really?

whats happen with those european countrys?

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: