Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:37:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ISIS is threatening Hamas in Gaza  (Read 772 times)
cryptocoiner (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 09:13:54 AM

ISIS is threatening Hamas in Gaza. That’s scary news.

ISIS has been signaling its designs on the Palestinian territory of Gaza. "The rule of sharia will be imposed on Gaza," an ISIS fighter announced in a recent video.

And that means going after Hamas, the violent Islamist group that controls the Palestinian territory. Abu al-Ayna al-Ansari, a spokesman for Palestinian groups that have pledged to ISIS, told the New York Times, "We will stay like a thorn in the throat of Hamas, and a thorn in the throat of Israel."

ISIS's ultimate ambition appears to be toppling Hamas. That threat is backed up by force: up to 12 attacks targeting Hamas in Gaza this year, according to the Times, have come from militants pledging allegiance to the Islamic State.

This comes at a dangerous time for Gaza. Hamas was battered during the 2014 war with Israel. Having essentially failed as a governing body, they're pretty vulnerable. ISIS, with an affiliate nearby in Egypt, is well positioned to violently challenge Hamas for control of the Gaza strip.

ISIS has virtually no chance of truly toppling Hamas. And it's not clear whether it will try, but even the potential for such a conflict is bringing yet more tension and uncertainty to a place that has already suffered. They could cause a lot of pain to Gaza's residents — and provoke Israel in some dangerous ways.

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/2/8886317/isis-hamas-gaza

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:20:48 AM

Considering the close links which the Islamic State is having with Israel, I smell something fishy with this news. Replacing the rabidly anti-Israeli Hamas with the pro-Israeli ISIS doesn't seems to be a bad idea at all. That said, I don't think that all of a sudden the Gaza residents will dump Hamas and embrace the ISIS.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:23:55 AM

Just another proof that Hamas is not a terrorist organization. Only Israel and the US say so. Now, the real terrorists, from ISIS, want to gain support against Israel in the South, like it has in the North. I guess it will have some success. ISIS is getting new supporters all over the Arab world.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
J. J. Phillips

Activity: 518

Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 12:09:34 PM

ISIS is pro-Israel? What colour is the sky in your world?

I'd like it if Hamas and ISIS fought each other. It's best if all Muslim terrorist groups in the world fight each other. It's like the Iran-Iraq war in the 80s.

The only problem is that sometimes one of the groups emerge stronger from the experience.

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affair_of_the_Gang_of_Barbarians
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:14:45 PM

Just another proof that Hamas is not a terrorist organization. Only Israel and the US say so. Now, the real terrorists, from ISIS, want to gain support against Israel in the South, like it has in the North. I guess it will have some success. ISIS is getting new supporters all over the Arab world.

Hamas is a terrorist organization. No doubt about that. They launch their Qassam missiles towards the Israeli settlements all the time, killing and maiming a large number of innocent civilians. But at the same time, I have to say that Israel is a terrorist state.

1. Israeli air force has conducted air-strikes on Syrian army locations (when the Syrian forces were engaged in fierce fight against the ISIS), in order to help the ISIS in conquering those areas.

2. Israeli army has shot down many Syrian air force jets (inside the Syrian territory), in order to stop the Syrian Air Force from bombing the ISIS targets.

Do you need more proof?
CarlesPuyol
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:18:15 PM

Hamas is a terrorist organization. No doubt about that. They launch their Qassam missiles towards the Israeli settlements all the time, killing and maiming a large number of innocent civilians. But at the same time, I have to say that Israel is a terrorist state.

1. Israeli air force has conducted air-strikes on Syrian army locations (when the Syrian forces were engaged in fierce fight against the ISIS), in order to help the ISIS in conquering those areas.

2. Israeli army has shot down many Syrian air force jets (inside the Syrian territory), in order to stop the Syrian Air Force from bombing the ISIS targets.

Do you need more proof?

Israel will never help to terror organization like ISIS
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:28:41 PM

How can you be sure? Israel is a rotten country. They will do anything. BTW... I have posted evidence to support my claim. If you are countering my argument, then post some evidence to support yours.

IMO, the reason why Israel supports ISIS is simple. The ISIS has proclaimed that they will wipe-out the Assad regime and the Hezbollah, the no.1 and no.2 enemies of Israel respectively.
newflesh

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:03:17 PM

snip

Wouldn't be so sure of that, Israel had no reservations offering to sell nuclear warheads to the apartheid regime in South Africa (baring in mind there were plenty of Nazi sympathizers in the SA government at the time).

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/may/23/israel-south-africa-nuclear-weapons

Can't imagine the Palestinians would be too happy about ISIS taking over, out of the frying pan and into the fire...

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:48:49 PM

snip

Wouldn't be so sure of that, Israel had no reservations offering to sell nuclear warheads to the apartheid regime in South Africa (baring in mind there were plenty of Nazi sympathizers in the SA government at the time).

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/may/23/israel-south-africa-nuclear-weapons

Can't imagine the Palestinians would be too happy about ISIS taking over, out of the frying pan and into the fire...

It suits the propaganda purpose as well. Right now, Israel is getting a lot of flak over the human rights violations in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank. If ISIS establishes a firm foothold in either Gaza or the West Bank, then the Israelis can easily justify their military actions against the Palestinian civilians. Countries such as Russia and Iran, who have always supported the Palestinians will be left wondering how to respond.
CarlesPuyol
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 06:08:34 PM

How can you be sure? Israel is a rotten country. They will do anything. BTW... I have posted evidence to support my claim. If you are countering my argument, then post some evidence to support yours.

IMO, the reason why Israel supports ISIS is simple. The ISIS has proclaimed that they will wipe-out the Assad regime and the Hezbollah, the no.1 and no.2 enemies of Israel respectively.

After ISIS will wipe-out Assad regime and the Hezbollah, who do you think will be their next target? I guess its Israel.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 06:33:27 PM

The most peaceful people in the world are the Swiss and the Norwegian, and neither see Hamas as terrorists. They're only trying to protect themselves, and their land. Anyone to see the British as terrorists? Hamas has more legitimacy in fighting Israel in Palestine than the British have in the Falklands against Argentina. We shall always remember that Palestinians are victims. By the way, the Brits helped a lot in the creation of Israel after WWII... Terrorists want to change the world, Hamas only wants Palestinians to leave peacefully in their country.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 10:17:28 AM

As long as they're not threatening Hummus, we're cool. Leave guacamole alone too please.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 12:00:57 PM

After ISIS will wipe-out Assad regime and the Hezbollah, who do you think will be their next target? I guess its Israel.

How can you be sure? The Islamic State fruitcakes and the Israelis seem to be having a tacit understanding between them. Both of them are having common enemies (Assad / Hezbollah). So the primary objective is to destroy them. After that, I am not sure. But IMO, the ISIS guys will refrain from poking Israel.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 01:36:17 PM

How can you be sure? The Islamic State fruitcakes and the Israelis seem to be having a tacit understanding between them. Both of them are having common enemies (Assad / Hezbollah). So the primary objective is to destroy them. After that, I am not sure. But IMO, the ISIS guys will refrain from poking Israel.

I have no doubt about that eventually ISIS will turn against Israel, but until then they have a lot of common enemies, and ISIS have to grow a lot stronger than today.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 04:10:55 PM

Are you sure that when ISIS has 'helped' Israel to wipe out Hezbollah, they won't stab Israel's back then? Politic is evil, and you don't know actually what the politicians have planned to us. They just let media and society guess what is happening, without give us the true facts about that.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 05:14:19 PM

Are you sure that when ISIS has 'helped' Israel to wipe out Hezbollah, they won't stab Israel's back then? Politic is evil, and you don't know actually what the politicians have planned to us. They just let media and society guess what is happening, without give us the true facts about that.

The main difference between the ISIS and the Al Qaeda is that the former is a well disciplined organization which rarely takes rash decisions. On the other hand, Al Qaeda lacked discipline, and they launched attacks against the western targets, even before establishing themselves. ISIS knows their limitations. That is why they are refraining from attacking the United States, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Israel.etc.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 05:24:11 PM

It is scary. If daesh gets into Gaza we have huge problems. The Gaza strip is one of the most populated places on Earth. It will be very difficult to come up with a target list that does not risk killing large numbers of civilians. It will be up to Hamas to fight them street by street. However, without advanced weapons it will be very dangerous work.  Control of this area would also give daesh the ability to link up with other chapters in the Sinai and profit from the smuggling that goes on there. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 03:57:32 PM

The main difference between the ISIS and the Al Qaeda is that the former is a well disciplined organization which rarely takes rash decisions. On the other hand, Al Qaeda lacked discipline, and they launched attacks against the western targets, even before establishing themselves. ISIS knows their limitations. That is why they are refraining from attacking the United States, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Israel.etc.

ISIS is smarter than Al Qaeda, and I'm not sure ISIS want to be ruled by anyone. After they do all their tasks by their "commander", they will betray the commander in the end. Just wait until few years later, which ISIS will prepare and take unpredictable action for the world.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x