Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:13:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin QT Database corrupted  (Read 1766 times)
bitbuzzing (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:44:55 AM

Hey it´s me again. The Bitcoin Core 0.10.2 crashes sometimes with this in the debug.log:
Corruption: block checksum mismatch
*** System error while flushing: Database corrupted
Shutdown: In Progress...
StopNode()
Corruption: block checksum mismatch
*** System error while flushing: Database corrupted
GUI: "registerShutdownBlockReason: Succesfully registered: Bitcoin Core didn´t ytt exit safely

Anyone knows how to fix this? (Windows 8.1 and I got an (online) anti-virus programm - don´t know if that´s important)
The qt is running right now but it is shutting down from time to time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RappelzReborn

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:59:17 AM

You usually get the message "Database Corrupted" on Bitcoin Core when you shutdown PC while Client is running or the little window didn't shutdown yet as far as I know .
But that's gets fixed alone , all you have to do is run your Bitcoin COre once again and let it Reindex or Synchronise with the network once again.

bitbuzzing (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:07:32 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2015, 10:49:17 AM by bitbuzzing

Do I have to reindex the whole Blockchain or is opening the wallet and syncing the rest of the blockchain enough? I opened it and now it is syncing with the blockchain and all seems normal.

EDIT: I didn´t even close the bitcoin qt or the computer, it shut down itself?!
RappelzReborn

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:58:12 AM

Do I have to reindex the whole Blockchain or is opening the wallet and syncing the rest of the blockchain enough? I opened it and now it is syncing with the blockchain and all seems normal.

If Blockchain is already downloaded on your PC then once you run the Bitcoin Core wallet , It will start reindexing otherwise It will download the blockchian once again or part of it and show the msg "Sync with the Network" and you will have to wait till it finishs .
Maybe you killed the process or something like that , anyway that message wouldn't show unless the wallet has been closed while sync or reindex before or you didn't wait for the message to dissapear before shutdown the PC .

achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 02:58:31 PM

Just run Bitcoin Core and it will do everything it needs. However, if it constantly shuts itself down, that means that it is detecting an error and you should check the debug.log. Also, that points to a larger problem than with Bitcoin Core itself. This usually means that there is something that is messing with the databases. It could be other software or your hardware. Perhaps disable your antivirus and check your hardware. Such issues could be indications of hardware failures.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: