Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:39:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a bitcoin Company advertise on Radio/TV in India?  (Read 3176 times)
GiocareHost (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:56:33 AM

I don't think any rule against/for bitcoins in India,so are we allowed to advertise a company that accepts Bitcoins?
Or is there any rule or policy that prevents us to do so?
Will the agencies publish these kind of advertisements?
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 11:47:43 AM

I don't think any rule against/for bitcoins in India,so are we allowed to advertise a company that accepts Bitcoins?
Or is there any rule or policy that prevents us to do so?
Will the agencies publish these kind of advertisements?

Can be done.
If am not wrong, it has been done before in India as well.

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:42:51 PM

If am not wrong, it has been done before in India as well.

Correct.

UnoCoin Radio Ad: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=859455.0

BitPay TV Ad: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=911660.0

dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 04:08:24 PM

Yes we tried it last year. The rate of conversion was not significant though - probably because of lack of knowledge about bitcoin. We may try it again in future.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 06:24:33 PM

Yes we tried it last year. The rate of conversion was not significant though - probably because of lack of knowledge about bitcoin. We may try it again in future.

I guess something after a news article or some big news about bitcoin , would be a good time to do it. Or perhaps instead of the ads have the RJ describe what it is, I am sure would get a lot of people to atleast check it out after hearing about it on the radio.

stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:39:42 PM

I heard the unocoi  radio ad but was unaware of the bitpay's campaign. It must have been a short one Roll Eyes
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 05:02:13 PM

I guess something after a news article or some big news about bitcoin , would be a good time to do it. Or perhaps instead of the ads have the RJ describe what it is, I am sure would get a lot of people to atleast check it out after hearing about it on the radio.

That could increase the budget to 4 or 5 fold but not a bad idea.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 05:07:14 PM

There was one of these as well with Erica Dsouza from Radio One Mumbai around Dec 2013.
Was a 10 min chat about Bitcoin.

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 05:19:52 PM

There was one of these as well with Erica Dsouza from Radio One Mumbai around Dec 2013.

I remember answering some questions from an orissa radio station live on air at start of 2014 but it was about bitcoin alone and not an advert

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:09:23 AM

I remember answering some questions from an orissa radio station live on air at start of 2014 but it was about bitcoin alone and not an advert

These kind of chats are more effective in increasing awareness than ads about bitcoin companies.
vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:16:01 AM

These kind of chats are more effective in increasing awareness than ads about bitcoin companies.

Actually yes those kind of ads will increase awareness about bitcoins and not a particular company , but if the people listening in think of buying bitcoin then they will likely go to the trading sites that are in India , and it will likely be the big companies, so only they should consider doing it.

But if it has already been done and wasn't successful , then its hard to comment if it will work.

polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:33:08 PM

Actually yes those kind of ads will increase awareness about bitcoins and not a particular company , but if the people listening in think of buying bitcoin then they will likely go to the trading sites that are in India , and it will likely be the big companies, so only they should consider doing it.

But if it has already been done and wasn't successful , then its hard to comment if it will work.

You do have industry-wide campaigns (I can think of milk, eggs, etc), where companies pool resources and the focus is on promoting the industry, rather than a particular company. Once there are enough companies, this can be attempted.
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:51:50 PM

You do have industry-wide campaigns (I can think of milk, eggs, etc), where companies pool resources and the focus is on promoting the industry, rather than a particular company. Once there are enough companies, this can be attempted.
Some kind of foundation or alliance can do this in an effective way.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:51:13 PM

Yes, but does any foundation exist in India currently?
shahadil

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:27:04 PM

Yes, but does any foundation exist in India currently?

http://www.bitcoinalliance.in/
tnrmedia

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 03:16:46 AM

Please don't insult our flag like this. Delete this thread immediately.
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:00:36 AM

Please don't insult our flag like this. Delete this thread immediately.
Where are we seeing the flag ?

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:42:42 PM

I wonder whats the point in advertising on radio?How many people listen to radio these days and those who listen are usually from rural areas.Isn't it a waste of money which can be used to promote bitcoin related article in some good local newspaper?

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 05:09:21 PM

I wonder whats the point in advertising on radio?How many people listen to radio these days and those who listen are usually from rural areas.Isn't it a waste of money which can be used to promote bitcoin related article in some good local newspaper?
Now a days lot of radio programs happen in English and it is mostly the corporate that listen to it especially during traffic peak hours.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:44:31 PM

Now a days lot of radio programs happen in English and it is mostly the corporate that listen to it especially during traffic peak hours.
You must be talking about private Fm channels in metro cities.I dont think there is any data to support your comment that most of the listeners are corporate even if that is the case I still stand by what I posted earlier. A good article explaining bitcoin in simplest possible language would go a long way In promoting bitcoin

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: