Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:26:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin trending in greece!  (Read 4317 times)
daoneway (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:04:15 PM

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=Bitcoin&geo=GR&cmpt=geo&tz=Etc%2FGMT-2

3MJprz7GLVjQaFHx7hhVErPVYugKNxKs1Y
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Envrin

Activity: 318
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:05:29 PM

Little late for them now, considering they can only withdraw 60 Euro/day.

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:17:32 PM

They can earn bitcoin by accepting it as a payment method.

They get a lot of tourists, people don't carry much cash around with them, bitcoin might be the alternative.

daoneway (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:18:21 PM

Better now than never.. but 60e/day is obviously nothing with capitol controls in plave

3MJprz7GLVjQaFHx7hhVErPVYugKNxKs1Y
ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 08:26:22 PM

Better now than never.. but 60e/day is obviously nothing with capitol controls in plave

The rich will have there ways. You should buy gold/silver for eur from the greece now Smiley

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:36:32 PM

Finally some raw data saying they are indeed more interested in Bitcoin... Now we only need exchanges to start picking up with real volume from Greece, when they can withdraw more fiat...
albert73

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:42:07 PM

Finally some raw data saying they are indeed more interested in Bitcoin... Now we only need exchanges to start picking up with real volume from Greece, when they can withdraw more fiat...

If they go back to using the Drachma it will happen quickly, then they can start making large withdrawals from their bank accounts (after a 30% haircut for a bail in). It won't be long before they can start accumulating Bitcoin, and they will probably drive up the volume on exchanges to unheard of levels.
bitcoinarchitecture

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:43:07 PM

Good to see that Greece is more intrerested in BTC!
They also should buy some gold/ silver.
But i don't think they will get out of the euro though.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:45:18 PM

If they go back to using the Drachma it will happen quicklt, then they can start making large withdrawals from their bank accounts (after a 30% haircut for a bail in). It won't be long before they can start accumulating Bitcoin, and they will probably drive up the volume on exchanges to unheard of levels.

Drachma will be almost worthless if they change to it, as I've read... So they won't probably spend that much drachma on bitcoins. But I'm just speculating, it can happen otherwise. And about that 30% cut, I've been reading about that on that here on the forums, where did that news came from?
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:48:00 PM

I feel like the big holders here should charter a flight and go over to Greece to be ambassadors, setting people up with wallets and offering to pay for everything with BTC. Since Greeks want BTC but can't get cash, they are going to have to earn it for goods and services.
Too bad entities like the Bitcoin foundation are just bullshit cash cows for the greedy and don't actually do things to forewarn the cause by going out and actually doing things that are needed.
albert73

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:11:26 PM

If they go back to using the Drachma it will happen quicklt, then they can start making large withdrawals from their bank accounts (after a 30% haircut for a bail in). It won't be long before they can start accumulating Bitcoin, and they will probably drive up the volume on exchanges to unheard of levels.

Drachma will be almost worthless if they change to it, as I've read... So they won't probably spend that much drachma on bitcoins. But I'm just speculating, it can happen otherwise. And about that 30% cut, I've been reading about that on that here on the forums, where did that news came from?

I found the news about the 30% haircut on this page. The Greek government can't know what to expect on Monday because a possible exit from the Euro has never been done before. If their banks go bankrupt they will have to make tough choices.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2015/07/05/greek-economic-crisis-is-a-parallel-currency-the-answer/

The latest bail-in development, which apparently calls for a haircut of 30% on bank deposits over €8,000 (c.US$8,880), comes just after the International Monetary Fund (IMF) warned last week that the country required a massive further €60 billion (c.US$66bn) in funds

Someone else found out that the Greek government might stop people withdrawing anything from their safety deposit boxes in banks.

Wow, so much for Greeks who thought they were keeping their cash safe in bank vaults...  

"Greeks cannot withdraw cash left in safe deposit boxes at Greek banks as long as capital restrictions remain in place, a deputy finance minister told Greek television on Sunday."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-05/eurogroup-shock-finance-ministers-would-not-know-what-discuss-after-greferendum-stun
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:49:24 PM

It's too late for Greeks now. They can only withdraw 60 euros a day. Their savings are going to be stuck in banks for many years. It's not too late for Spain, Portugal and Italy. This could happen to them someday.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:59:26 PM

the Greeks can still earn bitcoin buy selling anything of value in order to receive bitcoin in exchange, most likely we could see a lot more adoption in Greeks accepting bitcoin since they have so many restrictions, maybe the real state market could be booming in bitcoin payments for those willing to move out of Greece.

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:16:49 PM

They are interested with Bitcoin mining, a bunch of new miners will born.... Cheesy

faucet used to be profitable
theomar

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:12:11 PM

Greeks may send money abroad to their friends to buy bitcoins for them. They could use insured courier packages for transferring the money.

Two greek friends of mine managed to withdrew their euros from their bank account with the help of bitcoin.
They used their internet banking to send euros to btcgreece.com (greek btc exchange with a greek bank account). There must be no limitation for transferring money from one greek bank to another greek bank via internet banking. Then they bought bitcoins and withdrew.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 11:13:29 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2015, 12:17:12 AM by Beliathon

Thanks to all you lovely Greeks for the profits!  Grin

As a sign of good will and solidarity with the Greek people, I will hold all gains in bitcoin, and continue buying with earned income.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 04:15:20 AM

Traders are loving the movement and such much coverage of bitcoin and the possible solution that bitcoin could be a part of a change in a country such has Greece or even more adoption be people suffering in the hands of the government this type of financial disaster.

kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 04:51:34 AM

I'm been saying that bitcoin would be great for the Greek people due to the trouble they have been in. Though it would have helped to have bitcoins before the bank restrictions took place. But if I was in Greece, I would be using bitcoin over fiat whenever possible.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:17:05 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2015, 08:31:27 AM by Amph

it's not like everyone there is poor now, i'm sure some rich guy are investing in bitcoin with their "money under their pillow" in case the situation will be more critical

They are interested with Bitcoin mining, a bunch of new miners will born.... Cheesy

i believe they know that it isn't profitable, at best they could go with altocin mining, or build their own altcoin  Grin
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:26:46 AM

it's not like everyone there is poor now, i'm sure some rich guy are investing in bitcoin with their "money under their pillow" in case the situation will be more critical

i believe they know thta it isn't profitable, at best they could go with altocin mining, or build their own altcoin  Grin

I think people who expected or simply knew that this would happen, have long moved their funds elsehere. It would be interesting to see where the top richest greeks and politicians keep their money....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: