Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:57:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The early Bitcoins generated by the founders are lost or not?  (Read 1571 times)
qikaifu (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

God creats math and math creats bitcoin.

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 05:15:22 PM

If you see any of my suggestions useful, please donate me. http://btc.to/ec
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raulo

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 05:16:58 PM

Nobody knows except them.

1HAoJag4C3XtAmQJAhE9FTAAJWFcrvpdLM
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 06:09:07 PM

it would be an interesting project, to try and implement the equivalent of a network 'keepalive' into the blockchain.

or 'ping'?
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 01:52:58 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2011, 02:39:50 AM by koin

why would you question this?  is there some rumor or something?

there have been sporatic reports of a few hundred here and there lost when they were of low value at the time so backups were not diligently made, but i cannot imagine those amounts adding up to any large quantity of bitcoins.
wujh

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 02:31:52 AM

Might we start a monitor web site to watch those early blocks, as there haven't had any transactions yet. But the early blocks started to spread out, somebody have to stand out and explain it to the public.

Just like the shareholders before IPO was watched closely.
unfinishe

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 02:35:17 AM

Well, I was curious about this question myself, so I've been working on programs to see how the early mined coins have been used. Based on my work here, http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11171.0 , there are an awful lot of early coins, approx 2.5 million BTC, that haven't been touched since they were first mined. Now, even though they're not in circulation, it's impossible to know whether many of those are actually lost or not, but I honestly think a lot of people would have cashed out by now.

Check out the results from my Bitcoin Survey Project!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88927.0
Jaime Frontero

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 03:18:07 AM

Well, I was curious about this question myself, so I've been working on programs to see how the early mined coins have been used. Based on my work here, http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11171.0 , there are an awful lot of early coins, approx 2.5 million BTC, that haven't been touched since they were first mined. Now, even though they're not in circulation, it's impossible to know whether many of those are actually lost or not, but I honestly think a lot of people would have cashed out by now.

yes, i agree.

i forget how long ago it was - but i first saw Bitcoin something like a year ago or a little more.  i think i generated a block, or maybe two.  i honestly can't recall.

unfortunately, i change operating systems like most people (i hope...) change underwear.

i'd be very surprised if there weren't at least a million BTC gone forever - or at least until quantum computing can recover lost coins (on another thread).
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 03:52:09 AM

... all will be revealed in good time.

"The Founders" (speak in hushed tones when you say this) have a cunning plan.

Anybody who fightsfortheusers will be rewarded in the "Great Distribution" after the bitcoin "Coming of Age", yes 20/12/2012.

After a great battle, only the loyal, still-standing, active BTC accounts will be topped up with a pro-ratio allocation of the early bitcoins currently on ice from "The Founding".

If you want more rumours and stories you'll have to tip me btc.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: