Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:29:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Drug War Explained  (Read 1284 times)
toddtervy (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 09:18:47 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2015, 09:31:18 PM by toddtervy

my experience Tl;dr  :
1. marijuana is IME 30-150 times stronger painkiller than anything otc, opiates, perhaps 50-1000 times
2.  if you get injured bad on marijuana you may not notice till it wears off.
3.  trillion dollar criminal industry so they will tell lies and make up anything, or purposely injure people to have life-long customers
4.  Marijuana is said to be a 'gateway' drug.  when i smoked a dealer who sold me some purposely tried to severely injure me, i believe this was to force me to need stronger drugs, i dont believe it commonly leads to abuse of other drugs without some other factor in other words.

will finish later

Get off my c@ck !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 09:53:47 PM

Ending the War on Drugs - With Compassion! Stefan Molyneux

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 03:33:25 AM

The so called war on drugs is funding all the three powerful cartels in the United States (the banking cartel - for laundering the drug money, the pharma cartel - profiting by selling useless painkillers, and the drug cartels - profiting by selling illegal weed and its synthetic substitutes). Without the war on drugs, 90% of the criminals in the US will be left jobless.
tyrexs

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 04:20:01 AM

Legalizing marijuana, does not lead to an increase in drug use. without drugs everyone can guarantee no criminals or unemployed

PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 05:05:33 AM

my experience Tl;dr  :
1. marijuana is IME 30-150 times stronger painkiller than anything otc, opiates, perhaps 50-1000 times
3.  trillion dollar criminal industry so they will tell lies and make up anything, or purposely injure people to have life-long customers
4.  Marijuana is said to be a 'gateway' drug.  when i smoked a dealer who sold me some purposely tried to severely injure me, i believe this was to force me to need stronger drugs, i dont believe it commonly leads to abuse of other drugs without some other factor in other words.

will finish later

Is this for real or a joke?  Obviously none us this is true.  No one is going to put this out?  Huh

FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 05:35:32 AM

The so called war on drugs is funding all the three powerful cartels in the United States (the banking cartel - for laundering the drug money, the pharma cartel - profiting by selling useless painkillers, and the drug cartels - profiting by selling illegal weed and its synthetic substitutes). Without the war on drugs, 90% of the criminals in the US will be left jobless.

Both criminals and a lot of police and other enforcement agencies would be left jobless. Actually, didn't Billary say something to that effect some time ago?

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Gervais

Activity: 366

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:06:35 AM

my experience Tl;dr  :

Is this for real or a joke?  Obviously none us this is true.  No one is going to put this out?  Huh

He said IME which I'm guessing means in my experience. Weed is probably not 50-150 times a better painkiller though if you're going to make these claims you need sources. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather take weed for pain than most other painkillers but in extreme cases I would much prefer morphine or something stronger too.
ChiliPowder

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 02:30:38 PM

my experience Tl;dr  :

will finish later

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

Maybe you should put

5. Past habitual marijuana use makes you a moron, just look at the other 4 points.
Father Ted

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 03:05:05 PM

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

Maybe you should put

5. Past habitual marijuana use makes you a moron, just look at the other 4 points.

Haha. It's a shame that these days weed smokers tend to be foolish idiots. I think it makes cannabis look bad and has no doubt actually held the legalization process back as people see cannabis smokers as the cliches that they're usually portrayed as.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 03:19:02 PM

without drugs everyone can guarantee no criminals or unemployed
No, that's only possible in post-capitalist society.

It's a shame that these days weed smokers tend to be foolish idiots.
That seems like an awfully bold generalization there, friend.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 03:31:53 PM

Haha. It's a shame that these days weed smokers tend to be foolish idiots. I think it makes cannabis look bad and has no doubt actually held the legalization process back as people see cannabis smokers as the cliches that they're usually portrayed as.

In that case more than half of the US population (probably with the exception of the religious nuts) will be foolish idiots, by your definition. According to an opinion poll by Gallup, around 38% of the American population (and probably more than half of the American males) have tried smoking weed at least once in their life.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/163835/tried-marijuana-little-changed-80s.aspx

Now imagine 100 million Americans going to the jail as a part of the war on drugs.  Grin
Gervais

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:43:33 AM

In that case more than half of the US population (probably with the exception of the religious nuts) will be foolish idiots, by your definition. According to an opinion poll by Gallup, around 38% of the American population (and probably more than half of the American males) have tried smoking weed at least once in their life.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/163835/tried-marijuana-little-changed-80s.aspx

Now imagine 100 million Americans going to the jail as a part of the war on drugs.  Grin

There's a big difference between trying weed once or twice and habitual stoners who think weed is the magic medicine that can cure cancer and every other form of disease and maladies.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 01:09:14 PM

No offense but you come off as a tad paranoid there  Cheesy Your dealer trying to hurt you on purpose so he can sell you harder drugs sounds completely messed up. I started with weed and worked my way through all the drugs you can think of (except maybe some obscure ones  Wink ) because I was curious and wanted to experiment. I don't believe you can force a person to gravitate toward hard drugs if they are not naturally inclined to try them. I got plenty of friends who never went pass weed smoking and it wasn't for lack of peer pressure (subtle) either.
BTW I've been completely clean for the past 6 years, I don't even do cigarettes these days  Cool
toddtervy (OP)

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 12:52:49 AM

On another note, there's people who use these to treat chronic and severe pain.  Not because their friends pressured them into it or because they thought its cool to do drugs...  I've seen people in severe pain almost enough that they wish they were dead and have little other choice but to turn to these drugs.  Even worse they can get labeled as addicts for such by the majority of simpletons in the medical community and general public.  It should be noted that while on these drugs its considerably easier to sustain injuries as well since your muscles tend to relax and/or you won't notice if you're doing something as it starts to cause you pain that would normally alert you to stop what it is you're doing. IMHO Some of the people in this thread have no idea what they're talking about, are going off hearsay,  stupid assumptions, and/or a poor ability to figure things out in general.

Get off my c@ck !
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:18:47 AM

The war on drugs is simply a ploy in order to jail nonviolent citizens and make maximum profit for the private prisons within America.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 04:37:37 AM

The war on drugs is simply a ploy in order to jail nonviolent citizens and make maximum profit for the private prisons within America.

It has always been the case, for the past many decades. Without the 1 million plus individuals who are currently incarcerated on various drug charges, many hundreds of thousands of people in the United States will be left unemployed. Entire rural communities can vanish, if the prison business is disrupted.

There's a big difference between trying weed once or twice and habitual stoners who think weed is the magic medicine that can cure cancer and every other form of disease and maladies.

Why don't you jail habitual users of alcohol and tobacco?
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 05:19:14 AM

Drug addiction is a disease that can be successfully prevented and treated... making drugs more available will make it harder to keep our communities healthy and safe.

It is a health issue rather than a criminal issue...to be handled by health professionals and not police.

One of the main risks associated with making drugs illegal and creating a black market is the purity of the drug.  There's no standard as there would be if it was legal, and that poses a huge health risk to users.

Kudos to Washington and Colorado for legalizing at the state level.  It'll be interesting to see how drug policy changes in the next 5 years. 
Gervais

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 12:45:04 PM

Why don't you jail habitual users of alcohol and tobacco?

What the heck are you talking about? Who said anything about jailing anyone? I'd love to know how you deconstructed me saying weed isn't a magic medicine to we should jail weedsmokers?
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 01:28:46 PM

Correct, overwhelmingly poor young black males. The Drug War is effectively the new Jim Crow law of the land.

I hope each and every motherfucker who played any serious role in letting this national travesty go on for as long as it has ends up at a Nuremberg-style trial with an all-black jury sooner rather than later.

pureelite

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:37:14 PM

my experience Tl;dr  :

will finish later

The drug is very dangerous if you get hooked on it, you can not stop to use it, very harmful to your body. I think that is the mildest form of the drug marijuana, but marijuana begins after switching to something bigger, heroin, cocaine.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: