Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 12:48:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help porting C to CUDA and then move branching to CPU.  (Read 670 times)
cyberspacemonkey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:04:19 PM

I'd like to learn how to Mod ccminer to improve performance by moving the branching part to the CPU and run only the hashing algos on GPU, can someone guide me step by step? or can at least tell me where can I find a guide for that? I understand it's difficult but I'd appreciate any help.
sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 07:25:29 AM

Ccminer is already doing all the hashing code on the gpu, but when it finds a solution it verifies the result on the CPU.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 10:40:19 AM

I'd like to learn how to Mod ccminer to improve performance by moving the branching part to the CPU and run only the hashing algos on GPU, can someone guide me step by step? or can at least tell me where can I find a guide for that? I understand it's difficult but I'd appreciate any help.
what branching part ?
as sp_ wrote, everything is already done on gpu except the (unnecessary) cpu validation ( where the result to gpu algo is compared to the "original" cpu algo)

By branching if you mean to merge together all the kernel into one big entity then it will kill the performance (not enough registers)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
cyberspacemonkey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:04:29 PM

what branching part ?
as sp_ wrote, everything is already done on gpu except the (unnecessary) cpu validation ( where the result to gpu algo is compared to the "original" cpu algo)

By branching if you mean to merge together all the kernel into one big entity then it will kill the performance (not enough registers)

How would I go about modifying my ccminer to improve performance then?
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 11:08:33 PM

what branching part ?

rewrite the algos

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
cyberspacemonkey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:23:37 AM

what branching part ?

rewrite the algos

Sounds difficult, but is it possible? if so how would I start? thanks for replying by the way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: