Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:44:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and Youth  (Read 2789 times)
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 08:33:42 PM

Grin
I am really not prepared to have this argument tonight, but let me just say - being human has no more virtue than being a chicken or a stone. Don't let the box in the corner of your room brainwash you - you are not important or special in any way. I know, thinking that we are pleases our ego, but we are not. You are the same as everybody else. It's what you do with your life and actions towards others that makes us "valuable/useless".

I highly recommend LSD. It's very difficult to explain to someone who's not done any, that what you experience as reality is just a very tiny portion of it and is from your ego perceptive.

Also this http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1604695578417499645#
It's a little outdated, but a good laugh nonetheless

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anonymous

June 01, 2011, 08:35:45 PM

I don't think you are understanding me. I take great pleasure in being human. Seeing that somebody else is capable of the same amount of pleasure brings value to me.
mewantsbitcoins

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 08:36:23 PM

I don't think you are understanding me. I take great pleasure in being human. Seeing that somebody else is capable of the same amount of pleasure brings value to me.

Our definition of value is very different then
Anonymous

June 01, 2011, 08:37:31 PM

Our definition of value is very different then
I presume you take others out of the equation. Which can be justified given that there is nothing verifying our sentience.
Longmarch

Activity: 131

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 08:45:18 PM

Grin
I am really not prepared to have this argument tonight, but let me just say - being human has no more virtue than being a chicken or a stone. Don't let the box in the corner of your room brainwash you - you are not important or special in any way. I know, thinking that we are pleases our ego, but we are not. You are the same as everybody else. It's what you do with your life and actions towards others that makes us "valuable/useless".
"

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile."

... also recommended are the works of H.P. Lovecraft. 

Anonymous

June 01, 2011, 08:47:51 PM

It's a purely subjective statement. Any one perception can take pleasure in the nuanced parts of our being. ...and one person can make all the difference for another.
mewantsbitcoins

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 08:48:57 PM

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile."

... also recommended are the works of H.P. Lovecraft. 

Yes, it's classic
kidgorgeous

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 08:51:04 PM

Bitcoin is like cash, if you're worried that your kid may do drugs, don't give them any cash or bitcoins, and let them get a job and don't let them mine coins. Or you can just talk to them, with some graphic stories and have them spend a day with a crackhead, that should work way better then the usual 'drugs are bad' spiel.

1KHxCRniFNmS7ChiPqaewmokuCABk2PRQn
mewantsbitcoins

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 08:55:04 PM

Bitcoin is like cash, if you're worried that your kid may do drugs, don't give them any cash or bitcoins, and let them get a job and don't let them mine coins. Or you can just talk to them, with some graphic stories and have them spend a day with a crackhead, that should work way better then the usual 'drugs are bad' spiel.

Yea, not all drugs are good - some of them are GREAT! Kids should understand that
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: