Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:28:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Appeal to early adopters! Be responsible!  (Read 551 times)
yet_another_bitcoiner (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 12:25:49 PM

I'm seeing boasting posts in exchange chat rooms about dumping of ltc. Looks like some early adopters having enought bitcoints converted them to ltc in order to boost up panic about Greece default.

So, rich guys byuing ltc ,making it $5-6 and others think that it all because of Greece and will make price 9-10 recently. But Greece citizens can't even get their own money from banks how they can move them to cryptocurrency?

It's usual process for speculation but guys! Be responsible! When you start to trim hamsters by dramatically dumping price it will be ok to return it 1.8-2 but if fear will be to strong and crowd will bring price to $1 or lower whole crypto-community will not be able to return again to normal prices.

So, if you have enough money to trim others just do it. But be responsible. Do not start too big wave because backward wave may destroy yourself!!
Deadmau5

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 12:27:56 PM

I'm seeing boasting posts in exchange chat rooms about dumping of ltc. Looks like some early adopters having enought bitcoints converted them to ltc in order to boost up panic about Greece default.

So, rich guys byuing ltc ,making it $5-6 and others think that it all because of Greece and will make price 9-10 recently. But Greece citizens can't even get their own money from banks how they can move them to cryptocurrency?

They can buy bitcoins bit by bit. If thousands were doing this it would all add up to a nice amount of new bitcoin users getting on board. I think the price is more to do with other people buying bitcoins based on this news, though.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 12:32:55 PM

ltc price has nothing to do with greece, more to do with the halving.
yet_another_bitcoiner (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 12:38:43 PM

They can buy bitcoins bit by bit

My country expirienced similar problem. Not default but problems with banks. Citizens (not geeks just users) no more willing to trust their money somebody else besides their pockets after such stress. May be some young persons aware of latest technologies may purchase a liitle bit bitcooins but not thousands! Regular citizen will take his money and buy not fucking euro or usd or ltc but bread, potato and vegetables. My parents saw such behavior when bank problem happened in my country.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 01:39:36 PM

I wouldn't take too seriously anything you read in a chatbox. These places are generally not the best sources of information.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 02:25:03 PM

It's usual process for speculation but guys! Be responsible! When you start to trim hamsters by dramatically dumping price it will be ok to return it 1.8-2 but if fear will be to strong and crowd will bring price to $1 or lower whole crypto-community will not be able to return again to normal prices.

So, if you have enough money to trim others just do it. But be responsible. Do not start too big wave because backward wave may destroy yourself!!

Litecoin was under valued for a long time even more under valued than bitcoin, it going back to $5 is just the start of things.  If you look at the past price movements of litecoin vs bitcoin you will see most of the time we have been in the 0.02 - 0.03 range.  Even if bitcoin doesnt move im thinking we will be @ about $7 soon.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 02:27:43 PM

I wouldn't take too seriously anything you read in a chatbox. These places are generally not the best sources of information.

Yea chatboxes are just trollboxes so if the comment is not backed by an article or real information i would not follow it, most of the people are try to affect the market in real time to new comers in day trading.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 02:51:06 PM

No whale is going to "responsibly" move the markets. They're into it 100% for profit, most don't even care what the currency is, they just move the price, pick up the profit and sell it for fiat.

Unfortunately, we're at their mercy Smiley Such is crypto.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 02:55:39 PM

Another thing to consider is that early adopters have seen the markets move up and down more than people in later.  Due to bitcoin getting a ton of attention its not like they wouldnt have been focusing on the market.  They are probably mostly really decent traders by now and the market is in good hands, never fear Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: