Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:38:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price of Euro after grexit?  (Read 2400 times)
blacky90 (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 12:49:39 PM

Currently it is $1,10 for one Euro
what would happen to the Price  if greece left the euro ?

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 01:26:37 PM

i think it will shortly dip below the $1 mark, maybe to $0.80/$0.90 but it will recover after a while when other countries are realize this is the best option. no more greece in the euro.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 11:53:41 AM

i think it will shortly dip below the $1 mark, maybe to $0.80/$0.90 but it will recover after a while when other countries are realize this is the best option. no more greece in the euro.

i don't believe that i will go under 1:1 ratio it may be equal but it wont go bellow.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 11:58:30 AM

I think it'll go below USD for a while before making it back to the 1:1 ratio (or a tiny bit higher). then it'll stay there until something else happens
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:52:14 PM

i don't believe that i will go under 1:1 ratio it may be equal but it wont go bellow.

It could go below for a short period of time when panic ensues, it's only 14 pips from now and you are there.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 01:57:32 PM

If EUR was to become equal to USD panic will start because that would be huge news. People remember that EUR is typically worth a bit more than 1 USD. When they hear it's equal they will start converting their euros into dollars and bitcoins which will further accelerate the fall of EUR. EUR is in dead cat bounce, see this topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1112770.0

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:10:15 PM

If EUR was to become equal to USD panic will start because that would be huge news. People remember that EUR is typically worth a bit more than 1 USD. When they hear it's equal they will start converting their euros into dollars and bitcoins which will further accelerate the fall of EUR. EUR is in dead cat bounce, see this topic:
Why should removing the weakest link from a currency reduce the value of the currency?
The fact that people think that a € is worth more than a $ is meaningless, it also wasn't always the case (e.g. 2002)

The Euro might before more localized to northern Europe, but it isn't going anywhere soon, or at least not long before the USD goes down!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:17:37 PM

it's still holding above 1.1, it does not look that easy to dump it below 1

and it look solid now, with some swing up to 1.11
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:28:58 PM

Why should removing the weakest link from a currency reduce the value of the currency?
The fact that people think that a € is worth more than a $ is meaningless, it also wasn't always the case (e.g. 2002)

The Euro might before more localized to northern Europe, but it isn't going anywhere soon, or at least not long before the USD goes down!
If grexit happen, it means the Europe is broken! Ppl will lose confidence to its single currency! Panic selling may occur, the rate has high chance to dip lower than equality! But it wouldn't last long before ppl recover the confidence to Europe! Besides that, America has a lot of issues on the spot in the future, like huge debt, deficit, low employment rate etc, which will put pressure on dollar!
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:45:03 PM

This is a good test of the current alternative if it gets to happen, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHAWfTP5iW0 it actually getting some good reactions from both sides
Euro or Grexit i think the people are more worry about the economy the politician put them in.
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:55:27 PM

I disagree, I think that the euro is backed by a strong economy.  Sure the grece will make a dent but long term I think it is ok.  But I could be wrong, you can never overestimate the silliness of crowds when fear is in the air.
JarvisTechnology

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:17:21 PM

Right now the Euro is not doing that well. After Greece crisis , everyone is speculating a dip in the Euro rate with proportion to USD. Euro might even go below USD. That's how experts feel about it. But i believe that the fall will be temporary . Not for a very long period of time. The USD and Euro currency will be back to 1:1 ratio or maybe Euro can do better in future.

Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:59:00 PM

Right now the Euro is not doing that well. After Greece crisis , everyone is speculating a dip in the Euro rate with proportion to USD. Euro might even go below USD. That's how experts feel about it. But i believe that the fall will be temporary . Not for a very long period of time. The USD and Euro currency will be back to 1:1 ratio or maybe Euro can do better in future.

Yea there is a lot of speculations going on in the currencies markets, more people picking up the dollar, i just want to be fair with the euro Greece is not a big player when it comes to other European country's is a tiny spec but their politics have driven the country to shit and they have to relay on the Euro to bail them out.

If the countries economy has failed to pay its creditors is because their economy policy used by the government has failed also just imagine if they didnt had the euro to bail them out.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 10:34:02 PM

The euro will die!
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 12:10:48 AM

Currently it is $1,10 for one Euro
what would happen to the Price  if greece left the euro ?

If Greece leaves the Euro (currently it seems that it might not happen), I think the Euro will increase in value, because its weakest member left. Very short term the Euro might drop because of an immediate fear reaction, but I'm pretty sure it would gain quite fast afterwards.

A different reasoning would be a dropping Euro because of constant fears of contagion effects. Personally I don't think that this scenario is realistic right now, because the ECB is ready to intervene massively.

Of course, regardless of what will happen in the short or medium term, ultimately the Euro will face the fate of all fiat money: Zero.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
GreenCoin22

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:06:55 AM

The euro will die!
On the contrary, the euro will rise after Greece's exit from the EU
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:09:21 AM

Those same experts didn't see the financial crisis coming, and even now are creating a new one, by holding the fraudulent and sick system into practice. Please don't come with opninions of "experts"  because they know jackshit and never can see the whole picture...

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:17:07 AM

The euro will die!
On the contrary, the euro will rise after Greece's exit from the EU

i also think this, less loan to be payed to a country that is only a big leech and nothing else, i'm sure that a big portion of the the devaluation of the euro happened primarily for all their great debt that was never payed back from greece

grexit can only help the euro at this point, they are nothing more than a dead weight right now...
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 11:39:16 AM

Greece is not the only country in the Eurozone with debt issue, I believe France, Spain, Portugal, Italy all could potentially be in simialr situations in the not too distant future.  Greece is only the beginning of this.  Seems like those calling for worldwide economic crisis might not be too far off...
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 11:45:12 AM

So happy that we use DKK (Danish Krone) instead of that Euro Shit.
Then we dont need to have all the shit from greece.. Atleast not as much..

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: