Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:37:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Litecoin : I sold LTC for BTC . May I wrong ?  (Read 4748 times)
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:39:36 AM

Mannn.. I sold over 15000 LTC at 1$ when it flew from the low $0.40 range.
Dont cry over spilled milk.

Wow ! And I sold 800 BTC for only 8000 Perfect Money in 2012 for depositing my Liteforex account.

The lesson here is buy and hold for as long as possible. I held 5000 and 7000 LTC at a couple points in time before it went to $50, so sick i could have had over $250k.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 01:37:04 PM

If you are so convinced that you've made the wrong decision, then buy back again when the price drops. I never believe it's too late. The ltc btc pair has been on the ups and downs cycle these past few years so you might be able to catch up with some good buys. Just diversify your holdings to be on the safe side.

HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:38:27 PM

You did right. Litecoin is not so popular as BTC. Just use BTC - this is smart choice  Grin
ammy009 (OP)

Activity: 303

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 01:41:33 PM

If you are so convinced that you've made the wrong decision, then buy back again when the price drops. I never believe it's too late. The ltc btc pair has been on the ups and downs cycle these past few years so you might be able to catch up with some good buys. Just diversify your holdings to be on the safe side.

yeah .. I've made a decision to buy at least 10K LTC, but, with my fiat currencies not BTC.

I don't want to do wrong again.

I wanna buy LTC @ $2 or, less...

Is there any possibility to drop at this stage Huh If possible, then when it'll be happened ?

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:59:57 PM

yeah .. I've made a decision to buy at least 10K LTC, but, with my fiat currencies not BTC.

Is there any possibility to drop at this stage Huh If possible, then when it'll be happened ?

well it not gonna drop anytime soon, we are rising even more and the more the halving is near the more the price will climb a little

maybe you can be lucky after the halving, if ltc will be forgotten again
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:41:50 PM

You did right. Litecoin is not so popular as BTC. Just use BTC - this is smart choice  Grin

lol

I dont know if you guys have seen but litecoin buy books are actually showing even more strength today vs when we were @$5 and $6 on previous days.  This is an easy double figures run.  What happens with bitcoin will matter.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:28:03 PM

Its true if you compare to bitcoin but among other altcoin I think LTC is so popular so trading LTC is not that bad too

You can't just asking people about possiblity of dropping price because they also get some speculations and no one can predict it, although with some good analyze sometimes they will lose it too. So try to search it and analyze yourself you may get good thought
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:42:16 PM

Wtf!  $ 7.40   by  LTC just now.It is coming back.The question is how log?   
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:47:13 PM

Wtf!  $ 7.40   by  LTC just now.It is coming back.The question is how log?   

ahh, until there will be enough bulls to pump it. because generally there is no community, active development, atm or public knowledge/needs of litecoin, it is pure altocoin pump. Honestly, I'm quite surprised, that somebody is still interested in this useless crypto..
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:26:33 PM

not a bad idea, the mining support behind LTC is huge though Smiley

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:30:16 PM

Wtf!  $ 7.40   by  LTC just now.It is coming back.The question is how log?   

ahh, until there will be enough bulls to pump it. because generally there is no community, active development, atm or public knowledge/needs of litecoin, it is pure altocoin pump. Honestly, I'm quite surprised, that somebody is still interested in this useless crypto..

The Chinese have a fondness for it. That's all anyone needs. BTC is just as useless to them as LTC is to most Westerners. The average Chinese trader probably doesn't know any more about its development either.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 03:55:44 AM

Yes you did it wrong. You should have waited for the litecoin price to go up and then sold it for fiat and not bitcoin.
The litecoin price have gone from around 3 dollars to 8 dollars today which is nearly 260 or may be 270 percent and still rising. And when the price would have started going down then you should've dumped.
But still if you have brought low and 've sold high then it is a win-win for you and market.

bitboy11

Activity: 534

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:09:00 AM

I bought 0.1 LTC @ $4.40 when the price was $44. Roll Eyes
I won't sell my piece of LTC until it becomes a valuable relic! Grin
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 08:48:11 AM

why did you purchase LTC @44$ each.
It was hell of a price.
You must have waited for some time for dump period.
BTW have you brought some coins after that to cut your losses???

Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:46:21 AM

In my opinion, you did the right thing. You should not look at the current LTC vs BTC exchange rate. In the long term, the real worth of Litecoin will be close to zero. Just do the calculation yourself. Right now, there are hardly any sites where you can use Litecoin. Litecoin is dead now, and these temporary pump and dumps will only help to delay its demise.

All these pump and dump coins are like gambling with the money. Bitcoin however is a very different crypto, its level is much more different than all this and it is highly accepted and traded as compared to other crypto. OP please don't regret your decisions as living in past has helped no one. Stick to btc, that has much more scope in future.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 11:57:09 AM

It was hell of a price.

litecoin was tied to bitcoin, so the price was dumped two time there, intrinsically, and because of bitcoin too, another reason why there is a high risk in dealing with altcoin
bitboy11

Activity: 534

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:42:41 PM

It was hell of a price.

Because Litecoin had reached unprecedented levels. Everyone was screaming Litecoin was going to $100 in the trollbox and in the forums! Grin
I saw it falling and didn't want to believe it was over. Cry

Of course I bought more @ $1.75 each... Grin
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 03:35:31 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2015, 03:52:58 PM by bit1

You was protecting your investment, so is crypto,Maybe BTC soon will rise in value and you bought it very cheap.

For example just now price is 289.06 by BTC,It price is higher than what you bought, I wonder  if you will be able to hold BTC or you will sell it in a closest point to re-buy  same LTC that you had before.   

EDIT: I missed the part  ..
I've made a decision to buy at least 10K LTC, but, with my fiat currencies not BTC.

It answer my question, I think.

CryptoRev

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:32:13 PM

Hello guys,

I owned about 5000 LTC & I sold them when LTC/BTC pair hit 0.006 (1 BTC = 166 LTC). I frustrated about crash of LTC price & it's future. My thoughts behind of this decision is :

LTC is just a pump n dump coin. It has no worldwide acceptance like btc has. the market of ltc is very small & normally merchants don't accept it. the development team of ltc doesn't give any unique project for a long time. there is less discussion about it.

But, now , I see ltc price is just pumping to the moon...... 216% price increase of LTC/BTC pair. Why people sell their bitcoins for ltc ??

My decision was wrong Huh

Market swings are temporary. Don't base your investment decisions on short term trends. Your basic logic is correct about global acceptance and all. Stick to it, in the long term it will pay off. That, of course, is my viewpoint.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:50:32 PM

Mannn.. I sold over 15000 LTC at 1$ when it flew from the low $0.40 range.
Dont cry over spilled milk.

Wow ! And I sold 800 BTC for only 8000 Perfect Money in 2012 for depositing my Liteforex account.

The lesson here is buy and hold for as long as possible. I held 5000 and 7000 LTC at a couple points in time before it went to $50, so sick i could have had over $250k.
Damn, that feels bad even hearing about it. How did you got so many LTC? at what price did you buy?
Also if anything, this teach us to hold, but also to consider when the price is bubbled and to sell. The problem is.. you never know when the bubble is over or you may be missing on 100%+ of profits..
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: