Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:01:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Litecoin : I sold LTC for BTC . May I wrong ?  (Read 4748 times)
ammy009 (OP)

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 05:55:47 PM

Mannn.. I sold over 15000 LTC at 1$ when it flew from the low $0.40 range.
Dont cry over spilled milk.

Wow ! And I sold 800 BTC for only 8000 Perfect Money in 2012 for depositing my Liteforex account.

The lesson here is buy and hold for as long as possible. I held 5000 and 7000 LTC at a couple points in time before it went to $50, so sick i could have had over $250k.
Damn, that feels bad even hearing about it. How did you got so many LTC? at what price did you buy?
Also if anything, this teach us to hold, but also to consider when the price is bubbled and to sell. The problem is.. you never know when the bubble is over or you may be missing on 100%+ of profits..
I'm a regular forex trader. I bought BTC & LTC both with a portion of my profits.

glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:07:27 PM

yeah i love the emotional roller-coaster of crypto Smiley
sold my last ltc stack 2 days ago at 0.022 ltc/btc got pretty  sad yesterday at 0.033
now i'm fine, guess op is in the same situation
50 % rise / 50%  fall in 2 days that is a very nice pump and dump gentlemen

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:09:11 PM

I bought 0.1 LTC @ $4.40 when the price was $44. Roll Eyes
I won't sell my piece of LTC until it becomes a valuable relic! Grin
why did you purchase LTC @44$ each.
It was hell of a price.
You must have waited for some time for dump period.
BTW have you brought some coins after that to cut your losses???

Because Litecoin had reached unprecedented levels. Everyone was screaming Litecoin was going to $100 in the trollbox and in the forums! Grin
I saw it falling and didn't want to believe it was over. Cry

Of course I bought more @ $1.75 each... Grin

That is how you learn a lesson.. Spending hardly anything for hardly something, you learn to buy near the low of a coin Cheesy How great is that!
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:23:51 PM

$ 4.43 --> LTC  Just now, So is crypto. If trend continue many peoples will be with panic.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:26:27 PM

For a very long period of time the trading range of litecoin was around 2.00-3.00 bucks
After seeing it rally up to its current range I can understand why you wanted to sell your position, I guess the answer is to see how long it keeps up this strength.

Actually LTC was stuck in the sub 2 dollar range for ages. Anything above 2 dollars would have been nice gains if you bought a lot during that period. Right now it has gone from 5.3 to 5.1. It seems it's holding nicely above 5 dollars. Im not sure what to do. I own no LTC but im considering gambling some cause it may go 2 digits for all I know.

I like how its only been a few days but I can say we now know it went up to $8.50 and is trading at $4.80 or the price just a few days ago, but after this type of pumping I think in the end it will settle at a range of 2-3 as the movement likely did have some impact on the price foundation.

bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:57:03 AM

For a very long period of time the trading range of litecoin was around 2.00-3.00 bucks
After seeing it rally up to its current range I can understand why you wanted to sell your position, I guess the answer is to see how long it keeps up this strength.

Actually LTC was stuck in the sub 2 dollar range for ages. Anything above 2 dollars would have been nice gains if you bought a lot during that period. Right now it has gone from 5.3 to 5.1. It seems it's holding nicely above 5 dollars. Im not sure what to do. I own no LTC but im considering gambling some cause it may go 2 digits for all I know.

I like how its only been a few days but I can say we now know it went up to $8.50 and is trading at $4.80 or the price just a few days ago, but after this type of pumping I think in the end it will settle at a range of 2-3 as the movement likely did have some impact on the price foundation.

The worst thing to holders and miners is that price goes to < $1 again.By the way.
bitboy11

Activity: 534

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:31:26 AM

I sold all mine @ $8.20 each! Cheesy
I made a very nice profit...crypto loves me! Kiss
Can't wait for it to hit $1.00 again. Cool
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:38:23 AM

Haha, smart move. Proud of you. How many did you have? If they reached around that amount, that is more than 9 times your investment in it, which makes it a pretty decent sweet deal. You sold it at the right time and bought it at the right time, man. Most of people played it wrong and lost money lol. Its just a pump and dump coin, sure it will hit 1$ again but will it rise again too? Only invest the money you won't mind losing next time.
everaja

Activity: 490

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:42:57 AM

Bump and Dump are the fascinating characteristics of Cryptocurrency , i know my friend before 3 days he sold 0.022 ltc/btc but eventually after his selling the price hiked and he was shocked !
no matter , he was one of the early buyer of LTC which made that loss not significant , all you know is to utilize your conscience when buying and selling crypto as anything can happen any moment !

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:17:27 AM

Good call that was near the peak of 8.50
Didn't join on the buy side but was shorting down and then went to bed once I started to see that drop Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:26:13 AM

Bump and Dump are the fascinating characteristics of Cryptocurrency , i know my friend before 3 days he sold 0.022 ltc/btc but eventually after his selling the price hiked and he was shocked !
no matter , he was one of the early buyer of LTC which made that loss not significant , all you know is to utilize your conscience when buying and selling crypto as anything can happen any moment !

not only that some times you need to be a part of the whales that is manipulating in that moment, or you will lose for sure, no experienced trader can compete against an heavy manipulated market

only the loss awaits you in that case
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:47:54 AM

The worst thing to holders and miners is that price goes to < $1 again.By the way.

True enough as it means that there were no gains to be held for those that had litecoin valued at that price
For those people it doesn't matter if they sold a few coins they already made multiples of return
The issue is for those that bought on the rise and are treading (Of course seeing how quick a crash this was just a handful of people felt that one)

everaja

Activity: 490

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:48:18 AM

not only that some times you need to be a part of the whales that is manipulating in that moment, or you will lose for sure, no experienced trader can compete against an heavy manipulated market

only the loss awaits you in that case

I would not talk about the experienced trader rather i would talk about a common man , who trades for his amateur not as professional , always this insignificant bumb and dump will matter significantly in his happiness.
For a amateur loss/win are just as two faces of the same coin but for professional loss can be fatal.

bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:28:05 PM

$ 3.85  and  down    Tongue
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:12:36 PM

A fun pump but it's certainly not going to do LTC's reputation many favours in the long run. We all know that crypto markets are largely the playthings of a select few but such a brazen demonstration ain't too reassuring for new blood.
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:33:43 AM

BTC  $ 300.26 and up.
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:12:09 AM

Add $10 more   $310 just now.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1512

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:11:25 AM

I think the crypto currency community should be receiving some sort of light in terms of the price increase of their coins. LTC and BTC should rise to the top with the crisis in Greece. Many foreigners, in fear, are running to unregulated currencies (BTC & LTC specifically), to save their financial portfolio from the government in case their economy crashes. Switching to BTC was a smart move.
CoinBateman

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:18:47 AM

People were discussing Litecoin out performing Bitcoin, but the reality is, it was bitcoin all along. LTC was just easier to pump for fiat than BTC was. That fiat went straight into fueling the slow but steady BTC.

@CoinBateman | Killer Crypto Instinct
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:24:07 AM

LTC is a prop of the Asian markets at present and easier to manipulate than BTC price wise as it is much cheaper..There are so many altcoins on the market now to choose from but LTC seems a Chinese favorite so there is no harm in keeping a few tucked away if you bought them cheap then just sell them for a profit on the rise, but BTC is still King as it were, volume wise..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █