Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:31:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Litecoin : I sold LTC for BTC . May I wrong ?  (Read 4748 times)
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:27:14 AM

I think the crypto currency community should be receiving some sort of light in terms of the price increase of their coins. LTC and BTC should rise to the top with the crisis in Greece. Many foreigners, in fear, are running to unregulated currencies (BTC & LTC specifically), to save their financial portfolio from the government in case their economy crashes. Switching to BTC was a smart move.

But the fears remain the same. What if they put most of their life's savings in btc and then some day btc spikes down and they lose so much of their money? You think they will be in a state to hold whatever's left? They will get scared and run away, telling everybody they meet t never invest in btc causing negative publicity for bitcoin. I don't advise using btc as your fucking savings account man.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
faridkifly

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:13:01 AM

i think it's good decision dude, bitcoin is better than litecoin
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:58:05 AM

Hello guys,

I owned about 5000 LTC & I sold them when LTC/BTC pair hit 0.006 (1 BTC = 166 LTC). I frustrated about crash of LTC price & it's future. My thoughts behind of this decision is :

LTC is just a pump n dump coin. It has no worldwide acceptance like btc has. the market of ltc is very small & normally merchants don't accept it. the development team of ltc doesn't give any unique project for a long time. there is less discussion about it.

But, now , I see ltc price is just pumping to the moon...... 216% price increase of LTC/BTC pair. Why people sell their bitcoins for ltc ??

My decision was wrong Huh

Its important to diversify your crypto, you probably should have gone half and half.  Im currently 50/50 bitcoin and litecoin.  1.) I would never dump all my litecoin at this price.  Even now people were dreaming about $5 litecoin when we were @$30-$50. 2.) As long as bitcoin is strong we need a #2 coin and that is litecoin. You are in crypto for a high risk investment i assume might aswell reap the rewards of both coins.

Could you explain the reason why it is important to diversify our crypto?
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:24:19 AM

Hello guys,

I owned about 5000 LTC & I sold them when LTC/BTC pair hit 0.006 (1 BTC = 166 LTC). I frustrated about crash of LTC price & it's future. My thoughts behind of this decision is :

LTC is just a pump n dump coin. It has no worldwide acceptance like btc has. the market of ltc is very small & normally merchants don't accept it. the development team of ltc doesn't give any unique project for a long time. there is less discussion about it.

But, now , I see ltc price is just pumping to the moon...... 216% price increase of LTC/BTC pair. Why people sell their bitcoins for ltc ??

No my friend, I don't think you made a bad decision.  As long as you are still a crypto player then I think you are in the best modern financial history that is still unfolding.  Just stick with it and always look for ways to accumulate more coin rather it be bitcoin, litecoin or any coin that has good devs and a promising future which is a bountiful quantity these days.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:55:37 AM

Hello guys,

Its important to diversify your crypto, you probably should have gone half and half.  Im currently 50/50 bitcoin and litecoin.  1.) I would never dump all my litecoin at this price.  Even now people were dreaming about $5 litecoin when we were @$30-$50. 2.) As long as bitcoin is strong we need a #2 coin and that is litecoin. You are in crypto for a high risk investment i assume might aswell reap the rewards of both coins.

Could you explain the reason why it is important to diversify our crypto?

personally i think that it is good to do that only if you want to trade, but if we are here for the long term the coin that has a better chance to survive in this scenario is only bitcoin, the other alt are always in competition with their own clone
silkylove

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:23:09 AM

Of my crypto investments most are in bitcoin and I'm confident that the value will grow over time, but I do have a small stash of litecoin.  My reason for keeping it is that the litecoin core developers seem to work well together, whereas there's been some infighting with bitcoin's core team.  The discord makes me just nervous enough to want a backup plan in case they cut off their nose to spite their face.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:46:39 AM

How do you know the relationship shared between the core team and devs in the LTC and the BTC team? Doubting a crypto because you think they do not have a good bond with each other is the sassiest reason till date to invest in a crypto. Its a nice move to save atleast some of LTC, if btc could boom like crazy, there could be another big ltc bubble which might take place in the coming years. Ofcourse, LTC is also designed to compliment bitcoin and not really replace btc.
silkylove

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:59:51 AM

I know what I know based on articles, interviews, and the opinion of people I trust who know the business.  For instance, it's very easy to find info on the block size debate and learn about the key players and mining groups who are for or against it.  I don't care about what decision is made as much as how that decision is made and sold to the public, and how nasty the debate gets beforehand.  It's also very easy to see what Charlie Lee and company did when litecoin had a spam attack three years ago.  But I'm not giving advice as I have no crystal ball.  I just said what my particular philosophy is and why.
faridkifly

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 11:29:00 AM

I think it's a good decision.
If I were you I'll be very grateful dude
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 01:40:33 PM

Of my crypto investments most are in bitcoin and I'm confident that the value will grow over time, but I do have a small stash of litecoin.  My reason for keeping it is that the litecoin core developers seem to work well together, whereas there's been some infighting with bitcoin's core team.  The discord makes me just nervous enough to want a backup plan in case they cut off their nose to spite their face.

In terms of utility LTC is nowhere. That means there are no outside elements putting pressure on developers. It's just miners, traders and holders all holding hands and skipping along, and while things stay the way they are there's really no need for any more development which is what Mr Lee has said outright.

Bitcoin in comparison is heaving with conflicts of interest, turf wars, overbearing outside investment and multiple future possibilities and use scenarios. That's what introduction to the real world brings and LTC would be an identical position if it were there too.   
silkylove

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:42:37 AM

I agree.  Litecoin isn't practically useful at all right now, except as a testing ground for some things that could be incorporated into bitcoin.  However, to say that litecoin would be in an identical position as bitcoin once the real world is introduced is not entirely true IMO.  Bitcoin has a huge advantage in that it was the first mover and has therefore dominated the crypto space.   But there are some disadvantages to being the first mover.  If the conflicts of interest, turf wars, overbearing outside investments, or restrictive legislation somehow kill bitcoin, then litecoin will have the best chance to learn from bitcoin's mistakes.  First isn't always best.  For example, Laika was the first animal in space.  That didn't work out too well for her.

But like I said.  Most of my crypto investment is in bitcoin, because smart money says bitcoin will be the crypto that survives.  Nothing wrong with owning some litecoin too though, just in case smart money is wrong.
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:14:43 AM

Of my crypto investments most are in bitcoin and I'm confident that the value will grow over time, but I do have a small stash of litecoin.  My reason for keeping it is that the litecoin core developers seem to work well together, whereas there's been some infighting with bitcoin's core team.  The discord makes me just nervous enough to want a backup plan in case they cut off their nose to spite their face.

In terms of utility LTC is nowhere. That means there are no outside elements putting pressure on developers. It's just miners, traders and holders all holding hands and skipping along, and while things stay the way they are there's really no need for any more development which is what Mr Lee has said outright.

Bitcoin in comparison is heaving with conflicts of interest, turf wars, overbearing outside investment and multiple future possibilities and use scenarios. That's what introduction to the real world brings and LTC would be an identical position if it were there too.   

The reason behind the acceptance of bitcoin over other crypto and its success is that it was the first crypto to happen, I realized that I did read about it in newspaper but never really studied much about it, only to be very involved with btc after 2-3 years. The reason why BTC will always be superior to other crypto is not only its technical benefits but the already wide belief and acceptance.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 09:02:11 AM

Of my crypto investments most are in bitcoin and I'm confident that the value will grow over time, but I do have a small stash of litecoin.  My reason for keeping it is that the litecoin core developers seem to work well together, whereas there's been some infighting with bitcoin's core team.  The discord makes me just nervous enough to want a backup plan in case they cut off their nose to spite their face.

The reason behind the acceptance of bitcoin over other crypto and its success is that it was the first crypto to happen, I realized that I did read about it in newspaper but never really studied much about it, only to be very involved with btc after 2-3 years. The reason why BTC will always be superior to other crypto is not only its technical benefits but the already wide belief and acceptance.

Some people might call bitcoin, the dollar of the crypto currencies. Yes, bitcoin is the best based on its technical capabilities, it has been performing well and as halving comes near, it has peaked interest of everybody in the btc community. It is receiving good social attention too, the Deutsche bank recently had positive things to say about bitcoin. Their are many reasons why btc is the best crypto, just hoping it evolves into the best currency too.
ammy009 (OP)

Activity: 303

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 09:17:25 AM

Some people might call bitcoin, the dollar of the crypto currencies. Yes, bitcoin is the best based on its technical capabilities, it has been performing well and as halving comes near, it has peaked interest of everybody in the btc community. It is receiving good social attention too, the Deutsche bank recently had positive things to say about bitcoin. Their are many reasons why btc is the best crypto, just hoping it evolves into the best currency too.
So, I made the correct decision ...... Grin

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:01:37 AM

it's not only because of that i mean bitcoin isn't the first choice only because it was the first, but simply because the other are pure clone they do not offer anything that cannot be implemented in bitcoin, this is the real reason

there is no groundbreaking altcoin out there, they born solely for the simple purpose of feeding your bitcoin wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: