Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:11:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VERSA] Universal storage repo, Blockchain OAUTH, Antidotes + much more  (Read 21713 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
oniromancia (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:04:42 AM

1 hour left until our Crowdfund launch. Before the official launch, we assemble a talented and capable team of volunteers and contractors willing to select and complete Versa publicity via press releases, articles and social media and responsible for creating, promoting and developing our respective marketing campaigns. If you can help us to responsibly represent Versa platform, please hit us up via PM on bitcointalk or twitter.

I clicked the c-cex link and VERSA is not listed on C-cex  Huh

Yes, the market is currently offline. Don't worry, launch will be slightly postponed - exchange owner is still unreachable. I just contacted him via skype and he appeared offline. The market will be enabled as soon, as he is up and available.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:09:11 AM

It baffles me that people with new accounts and nice looking templates of a "new" coin expect strangers to invest in their ICO after not having showed us anything.

oniromancia (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:19:28 AM

Market is now live.

Please retweet https://twitter.com/VersaCrypto/status/618317572094750720.
oniromancia (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:45:11 AM

Exchange is currently up for me.
oniromancia (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:58:16 AM

"Maintenance...

Server is on maintenance. Please be patient. It will be up shortly."

You need to fix your link. Remove the "!"at the end.

Anyway, I am not buying ICO until you release something  Smiley

That was a typo in a link directing to Versa market. Is now fixed.
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:56:09 AM

Will this coin have the volume of btc or be bought in one hour? I don't know, i'm drinking, and drinking, and drinking. I am not an alcoholic, i seek shelter form biting winner winds.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 09:59:09 AM

C-Cex...  Roll Eyes

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
intrader

Activity: 659
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:15:20 PM

When ico close
oniromancia (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:42:31 PM

When ico close

The crowdfund will last for 10 days from now or until it's sold out. If you didn't manage to catch up on the details, please refer to the OP. The end date for the crowdfunding will be 07.17.2015 6:46 UTC.
oniromancia (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:08:54 PM

Here is the update on how the network will be maintained, set, and, in particular, how Versa will validate inlets and applications in a decentralized way. Our platform aims at improving blockchain's feature kit to record hashes of your personal data into inlets and itself is a trustless ledger of records built atop of a regular blockchain that allows you to store your hashed data in chains of single cells named inlets. By analogy to the bitcoin blockchain, system works pretty simple.

The audit parties on the bitcoin blockchain are miners. They perform two tasks:

1) resolve double spends, when they see two conflicting transactions that spend the same funds twice, they decide which one is admissible;

2) include only valid transactions in the bitcoin blockchain, thus the one that is included can be assumed to be audited.

Because the Versa protocol is constructed of a three sets of blocks (inlets, inlet blocks and index blocks), its way of data validation is different. We split the miners job into two tasks:

1) recording inlets;

2) auditing inlets for validity.

Here are three primary principles underlying Versa ecosystem:

1) ruleset for adding your inlets to your chains;

2) trust system similar to what Counterparty and Colored Coins have, the difference being that transactions are embedded into Versa blockchain instead of bitcoin blockchain.

3) Satellite nodes.

Auditing system in Versa will be similar to bitcoin. If the rules for transaction were audited by a large number of applications, then a particular app could download the relevant data and run the audit itself. An auditor (application or user) will build an awareness of the network state as it downloaded, verified, and decided which inlets were valid or not. Inlets with your hashed data will be audited by other users and applications at the time of the inlet ordering, in accordance with your specified ruleset, and stored in the Versa blockchain when they are considered as valid.

How does it work.

Versa blockchain is just a blockchain, and will serve as a client-side validated database for Versa trustless ledger, and storage of your hashed records. Versa ledger will have a separated token - Antidote, which will enable users to create applications and inlets  - which are containers of your data.

A user signs up to Versa account, and burns coins obtained from the crowdfund for Antidotes. With Antidotes, user can now purchase an inlet - user burns their Antidotes for inlet and specifies hash of inlet in payment, then publishes inlet for inclusion in inlet block.

Satellites accept these inlets, assemble them into blocks, fix their order, and, after a time period, an anchor is inserted into the Versa blockchain. We'll do this this by creating a hash of the data collected over that time period, then record the hash into the blockchain.

How we will accomplish this.

1) First, we'll bring the Versa ledger to the alpha testing stage when the coding is done and we require feedback on the fine details. Then, after we confident the platform can do the job, we'll bring it to the official release along with HTML5 framework that will also include web-wallet, Antidote asset exchange and inlet control center.

2) We'll set up Satellites and implement distributed hash table to help nodes find peers on the network.

3) We'll set up the basic ruleset for submission of the user chains.

4) We'll set up the conversion rate of Versa to Antidotes at the cost of comparably sized Versa transaction.

Platform is up and ready to use.
oniromancia (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:15:54 PM

About our code. Our code will partially be closed in order to ensure the security and reliability of the codebase being fully tested and serving our needs without copypasting intend and republishing of our repositories. We'll however further consider applying a permissive license to a certain components of our codebase, nonetheless the major part of code for Satellite infrastructure will be heavily audited and kept closed though we believe this won't hinder innovation, and sharing ideas and strategies will allow us to adapt with changing needs.
Auxi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:21:30 PM

Whats mean "Antidotes"?
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 08:37:14 PM

I think I have a vague sense of what it is you are trying to accomplish.  It sounds interesting and innovative.  Of course it remains to be seen if you will deliver on anything or just bounce with the BTC.  I'm not trying to FUD, just stating the reality.  Unfortunately most ICOs, and altcoins in general, are scams at worst and failures at best.

Will the project be open source from the get go?  If so, what is the ETA on seeing some original code in the github?  If I understand the roadmap correctly, I figure we aren't going to see anything new when the ICO is over and the wallets are available to download.  It will just be another POS coin until the rest of the platform is delivered.  This is also, sadly, the route that pretty much all scam ICOs take so we will just be crossing our fingers and hoping you deliver something like usual.  Again, not FUDing, just stating reality.

How will the project get completed if this doesn't see much investment?  It sounds like an ambitious project, especially when you get into the distributed computing stage.  How would you and your team be able to get all this developed with only say, one or two dozen BTC of funding?  How large is your team for that matter?

EDIT : I see you address the issue of open vs. closed source.  Hopefully it eventually goes open source, as closed source is generally looked down upon around here, but I understand wanting to protect original work for a time period.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:26:28 AM

Ico + pow = disaster for ico buyers, heaven for dumping miners.
GL I'm OUT.
oniromancia (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:53:22 PM

Whats mean "Antidotes"?

Antidote is an apptoken you use to obtain inlets, vote for Satellite nodes and create decentralized apps. Antidotes will be completely derived from Versa coins and managed on a special Antidote blockchain.

You create you chain with your chainID, submit an inlet payment using Antidotes, Satellite nodes accept the payment, broadcast the acceptance of your payment to all other nodes, create inlet block for that chainID and add your inlet to newly formed inlet block.

Consider this as a blockchain solely consisting of hashes of your private data.
oniromancia (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:13:14 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2015, 04:53:25 PM by oniromancia

I think I have a vague sense of what it is you are trying to accomplish.  It sounds interesting and innovative.  Of course it remains to be seen if you will deliver on anything or just bounce with the BTC.  I'm not trying to FUD, just stating the reality.  Unfortunately most ICOs, and altcoins in general, are scams at worst and failures at best.

Will the project be open source from the get go?  If so, what is the ETA on seeing some original code in the github?  If I understand the roadmap correctly, I figure we aren't going to see anything new when the ICO is over and the wallets are available to download.  It will just be another POS coin until the rest of the platform is delivered.  This is also, sadly, the route that pretty much all scam ICOs take so we will just be crossing our fingers and hoping you deliver something like usual.  Again, not FUDing, just stating reality.

How will the project get completed if this doesn't see much investment?  It sounds like an ambitious project, especially when you get into the distributed computing stage.  How would you and your team be able to get all this developed with only say, one or two dozen BTC of funding?  How large is your team for that matter?

EDIT : I see you address the issue of open vs. closed source.  Hopefully it eventually goes open source, as closed source is generally looked down upon around here, but I understand wanting to protect original work for a time period.

Versa currency will be open source. The code for components which are non related to Versa cryptocurrency itself, will be distributed under a licencing agreement to authorized users with private modification and copying, and, partially, may either be released under APGL meaning non-commercial tag as well the editing restriction is applied, or may be kept non-public (in the near future).

We'll have multiple unofficial releases:

1) An early alpha stage release to gather your feedback and contributions to improve the basic specification, although this prototype will not be reflective of the final potential of Versa ledger. The code will be open source and available to view via github repository in late July.

2) Source libraries for Antidote, Satellites implementation, supplementary cryptography libraries, websocket implementations, tools and API's for reading chains will be released in early August.

3) Press-release and online publications announcing news-worthy information and platform background.

We'll officially launch in August, there will be needed several actions for the alpha-build, making us unable to give more precision on commit deadlines, but we reserve the right to push the exact date back and forward in case we encounter developmental issues.

We have three members in our team, everyone is clear about his role and empowered to do whatever it takes to build up the necessary tools, part of coding and equipment to bring our platform to life.

However, if the total amount pledged through this sale will not be enough to fund the development and disallow us to run an effective campaign, we'll use our personal finances to support the project. Versa has been the product of sleepless nights and days of hard work, and will evolve despite a lack of funding.
oniromancia (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:16:10 PM

GL I'm OUT.

There is no POW here, we'll go pure proof-of-stake after the initial sale ends.
OZmaster

Activity: 804
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:09:02 AM

GL I'm OUT.

can i stake on the android wallet? or only pc?

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
   ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
  ▄███▀              ▀██▄
  ███    ▄████████▄▄   ███
 ████   ████████████▄▄▄████
█████   ██████████████████
 ████   ██████████▀▀▀████
  ███    ▀████████▀▀   ███
  ▀███▄               ▄██▀
   ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
     ▀██████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██▀▀▀
.CoinChum.||..A GLOBAL P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE..
..BUILT FOR TRADERS, BY TRADERS..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 06:40:23 AM

However, if the total amount pledged through this sale will not be enough to fund the development and disallow us to run an effective campaign, we'll use our personal finances to support the project. Versa has been the product of sleepless nights and days of hard work, and will evolve despite a lack of funding.

Thank you for answering my questions.  If this were a scam, I would expect you to be shilling a bit harder.  To me, that lends the project a bit more legitimacy.

What is in it for you guys though?  I understand at some point you and your team will most likely buy some of your own coins.  Thats kinda the glaring fault with ICOs, since those coins end up being free.  It's just the way things are though so I'm not really worried about it too much.

But is there a business model you haven't revealed yet?  Is the plan to make money selling licenses to the different components?  3 skilled developers aren't typically going to spend their own money and time slaving away at a project for no financial gain.  Which is very understandable, a man has to eat.
oniromancia (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:07:23 PM

GL I'm OUT.

can i stake on the android wallet? or only pc?

Yes, you will be able to stake on your smartphone, set up tor if needed + geo/local trader based on Satellite validation, meaning Versa servers will help binding an agreement between buyers and sellers and escrow your local trades.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: