Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:38:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this beginning of a schism, LTC = China's coin, BTC = the West?  (Read 1231 times)
solid12345 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 06:21:59 PM

It seems to have been building up this way for awhile but I think with alot of the in-fighting among Bitcoin developers and the fact LTC seems to have had no drama to speak of for the last few years the Chinese are hedging their bets on Litecoin as the future. Call me crazy but it is entirely possible we could see LTC one day reach Bitcoin-level market caps. What does everyone else think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hollingsworth

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 01:32:34 AM

It seems to have been building up this way for awhile but I think with alot of the in-fighting among Bitcoin developers and the fact LTC seems to have had no drama to speak of for the last few years the Chinese are hedging their bets on Litecoin as the future. Call me crazy but it is entirely possible we could see LTC one day reach Bitcoin-level market caps. What does everyone else think?

I do not see Litecoin serving no useful purpose other than as a store of speculative value for Chinese gamblers.
Please do not misinterpret the latest Asian ltc pump as an indication of litecoin adoption, because there is virtually none, other than frenzied exchange trading.

Litecoin has very high volume in trading for whatever reason, but not because everyone is going to start using it and replacing bitcoin. When litecoin falls back down near a dollar, it will be quietly forgotten yet again, until the next pump.

NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:33:23 AM

You got it buddy.

我会吃你的美国孩子后,我对这个饼干和罐头章鱼用餐。

Wǒ huì chī nǐ dì měiguó háizi hòu, wǒ duì zhège bǐnggān hé guàntóu zhāngyú yòngcān.

[simplified] I will eat your American children after I dine on this biscuit and canned octopus.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
solid12345 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:29:39 AM

I do not see Litecoin serving no useful purpose other than as a store of speculative value for Chinese gamblers.
Please do not misinterpret the latest Asian ltc pump as an indication of litecoin adoption, because there is virtually none, other than frenzied exchange trading.

Litecoin has very high volume in trading for whatever reason, but not because everyone is going to start using it and replacing bitcoin. When litecoin falls back down near a dollar, it will be quietly forgotten yet again, until the next pump.

Hell, I'm still waiting on Bitcoin adoption, there are less than a dozen places I can spent Bitcoin in my entire state, it has media name recognition but that's about it. I still think it's too early to disregard heated competition, and I say this as someone who generally dislikes LTC and doesn't see the big deal about it, but for whatever reason tne Chinese love it and they know how to move markets. Even if half the volume is fake it's hard to disregard what's in front of your eyes, it isn't going away anytime soon.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:52:57 AM

i think its the west as well that will adopt litecoin more and more as a better safehaven then bitcoin.

tis cool and all for this comunity the whole anon dev thing, but no average joe in his right mind would invest in an anon dev (holding a personal million coin stash) created currency  Huh

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:00:08 AM

Most of China missed out on BTC 1200.  They want theirs through LTC.  Fasten your seat belts.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:06:48 AM

Most of China missed out on BTC 1200.  They want theirs through LTC.  Fasten your seat belts.

yes and in the context of how small the initial crowd of bitcoin adopters was, 99% of current cryptos fans should almost consider bitcoin premined/instamined.

not insane to think litecoin could be a 50 bagger even from here.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:25:35 AM

I didn't realize litecoin was going so crazy?  What's the current price?  (and damn those crypto-trade theives who stole my 0.3LTC "investment").
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:15:58 AM

you sound a little butt hurt do you need a tissue?

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:40:59 PM

Most of China missed out on BTC 1200.  They want theirs through LTC.  Fasten your seat belts.

China drove the last run up maybe with the help of mtgox, don't you remember the euphoria as everyone watched huge amounts of yuan moving into btc http://fiatleak.com/ ? Most of the Chinese since simply jumped off btc and rode the stock market up until it wobbled a week or two back and they started moving back into litecoin.

The general attitude is that America wants to control Bitcoin lock, stock and barrel without having those pesky chinese sticking their noses in. This to me is crazy talk when the majority of the money and mining action is in china. Maybe they think ok you want them we sell them back to you and buy LTC, china freindly coin.  Grin

Bitrated user: Mick.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:01:34 PM

cryptos are borderless
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:00:34 PM

yes and in the context of how small the initial crowd of bitcoin adopters was, 99% of current cryptos fans should almost consider bitcoin premined/instamined.

Bitcoin and Litecoin are in the same boat, the general public can't participate in either one.  IPO coins are mostly junk because they'll never have the market penetration required for a currency to function.  The second ASIC are created, and off the shelf hardware becomes irrelevant, PoW coins inherit the same problem.  The only motivation people have to get into those digital currencies dominated by ASIC is if their existing currency (USD, Euro, etc) collapses.

Have you ever purchased an ASIC before?  I have, it's a nightmare.  It's been like that from the start and still exists years down the line.  Even if you buy from one of the more reputable dealers like Bitmain, their (fifth generation???) S5's have some bug where they cook themselves to death after losing internet connection.  Depending how many you own, there goes your several hundred or thousands of dollars in investment if Comcast suddenly decides to do maintenance.  The funny part is, this is your best case scenario for problems you may face when dealing with ASIC purchases, things can get much worse.

It doesn't matter how smart or stupid you are, anyone trying to get involved with mining coins tainted by ASIC can get burned with ease.  So you're going to tell me, well, don't mine then?  Mining is how Satoshi designed the coins to be distributed.  You're not supposed to be forced to buy them.  Telling people they have to buy them is just admitting the system is broken or failed and that large scale distribution will be a huge problem or not happen at all.  

Thus, you just have to sit around and hope the USD and Euro crash to nothing, which might bring a new global dark ages and make digital currency useless anyway.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:16:32 PM

I wouldn't mind a schism like this.. And I guess I would join the LTC camp Wink Not only because I hold more LTC than BTC (who doesn't?), but China will set the markets very very soon..

If they take NMC with them as well, that would be even better.
jason miner

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:05:30 PM

is there somewhere that I can tell when the next difficulty adjustment will be? and possibly what the next difficulty will be? Thanks
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:12:54 PM

I dont think so.

The main reason in my opinion is that the price is going up because the halving is coming.

Bitcoin will be forever over litecoin, because litecoin is only a cheap copy of bitcoin.
Bitcoin was the number 1!
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:44:04 AM

I wouldn't mind a schism like this.. And I guess I would join the LTC camp Wink Not only because I hold more LTC than BTC (who doesn't?), but China will set the markets very very soon..

If they take NMC with them as well, that would be even better.

If China is pumping money into Crypto it would not be a bad thing at all, get to dump some of your bags and they get a piece of the pie too? I've met lots of nice Chinese people and they are good at math and karaoke.

Could hire some "keep wabour" and when India gets in you can outsource your customer service too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: