Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:18:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Mining still worth it?  (Read 940 times)
Kapz786 (OP)

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 06:49:44 PM

Hi guys, even though I'm a senior member I never really got into btc mining, all I hear from people is that btc is no longer profitable and you shouldn't try it. I'm a newbie to btc mining, and I kind of want to try it, I've tried Cloud mining and it was bad, do you guys suggest any better way to mine bitcoins, that will make some profit?  Smiley
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 07:36:01 PM

It is still worth it. Find cheap power and decent used equipment for a good price.  Use some ROI calculators and have some fun.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 11:00:42 PM

Hi guys, even though I'm a senior member I never really got into btc mining,

Funny, because if you look through your post history you were pretty active mining earlier this year, for example.  You've also been here since 2013, so you were here for the ASIC rush of 2014, but you should know this already.  Then around april this year you joined a signature campaign and the tone of your posts completely changed.

What you meant to write was, "Hi guys, I just bought this account and want to post to earn for my signature campaign"

If I had a bitcoin for every post that is titled identically to yours I would be rich.  Try reading the forum.
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:09:31 AM

Hi guys, even though I'm a senior member I never really got into btc mining,

Funny, because if you look through your post history you were pretty active mining earlier this year, for example.  You've also been here since 2013, so you were here for the ASIC rush of 2014, but you should know this already.  Then around april this year you joined a signature campaign and the tone of your posts completely changed.

What you meant to write was, "Hi guys, I just bought this account and want to post to earn for my signature campaign"

If I had a bitcoin for every post that is titled identically to yours I would be rich.  Try reading the forum.

Lol totally owned, pretty funny (but totally true it seems)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:27:39 AM

It is still worth it. Find cheap power and decent used equipment for a good price.  Use some ROI calculators and have some fun.

finding cheap power isn't that easy, if your whole nation is doomed with a hiogh electricity cost, your only option would be hosting, but it does not come without risk, also at that point is better to go with a legit cloud
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:09:22 AM

finding cheap power isn't that easy, if your whole nation is doomed with a hiogh electricity cost, your only option would be hosting, but it does not come without risk, also at that point is better to go with a legit cloud

Well here in the PNW of US we are graced with cheap hydro power at 0.03/0.04  per kWh
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:12:34 AM

It depends on in what country u live(electricity costs)and what miners u buy. It is good to mine if u have cheap electricity.
jones techbit

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:37:01 PM

Hi guys, even though I'm a senior member I never really got into btc mining, all I hear from people is that btc is no longer profitable and you shouldn't try it. I'm a newbie to btc mining, and I kind of want to try it, I've tried Cloud mining and it was bad, do you guys suggest any better way to mine bitcoins, that will make some profit?  Smiley
Buy BTC. No doubt about that. I've been mining and if I had bought coins instead, I'd would made twice the profit...
And dont take too long cause the price seems to be going up...  Wink

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 3462

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 03:32:42 AM

one thing I learned from my experience is :

1) Don't try cloud mining , you get disappointed in the end
2) Only do mining if you have the right equipment and not your AMD graphic card because that's no longer worth mining
3) Calculate everything before you start to see if it's even worth doing so , there are a lot of calculators out there

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████