Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:04:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Got scammed on Trading for Cash ( 74.19 BTC )  (Read 5971 times)
meghan98321

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:07:03 AM

This is why you do a couple of small transactions till complete
mrcashking

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:49:22 AM

This is why you do a couple of small transactions till complete

Yep. I should have said that too earlier. Do many small transactions when it is for so many btc. You can do it 10 btc at a time and it costs you nothing.
jc01480

Activity: 854

Nope..

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 04:03:31 AM

Wasn't this jackass was it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=732773.0
MarkMJ

Activity: 714

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 04:46:47 AM

So what happened to the objects it has abandomat?
The laptop is yours now but still a big scam
Again sorry for youry lost.

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
bitcoinwebhosting_org

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 07:33:49 AM

I doubt he can keep the laptop maybe the police will keep it as evidence for the investigation
Casimir1904 (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:22:46 PM

Police sized his stuff.
What will happen next I don't know.
I think they analyze the cctv and search for fingerprints on his items, and then hope he is already known.
I think their interest could also become bigger as the first address where he or they moved the coins had total received: 2,248.47358298 BTC
Police didn't know much about Bitcoins so it could take some times and could give some more questions, I think they will contact me next days/weeks.
I think they will catch him or them earlier or later, I think its also possible that it was more then one person, maybe someone loaded already the wallet on anohter device and waited till he leaved the building to send the bitcoins away.
If he or them really scammed already for more then 2000 BTC they'll don't stop now.
Money will be gone anyway.

Maybe some others will read this here who got also scammed on localbitcoin trades on the same way?

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:34:12 PM

This really is dreadful, BTC seems to attract scammers by the dozen
leen93

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:57:54 PM

Dear Community,

today I got Scammed by a Dutch guy who called his self altrechtbtc on localbitcoins.com
We meeted at an Mc Donalds in Cologne. After I sended him the BTC he told me that he need to get the cash out of his car but he let his laptop and phone open with the wallet decrypted on it.
1-2 Minutes later I saw that the BTC was forwarded to another address and I know i was scammed.
Stupid from me to not think about that scenario.

But ok I was at police, they have now his jacket,laptop and phone and they also get to the Mc Donalds to get videos from the cameras.
So anyway maybe some users could help with tracing him down?

This is the Transaction to his address:
https://blockchain.info/tx/293d4679d937ebc8b9ef9e38a30e56e8b413968f4b2bf018e5c41910287ebc84
His Address: 1PnXvJ8qyy5Hw6dwEamXj41DSLkyt8ccga
The Bitcoins where then moved to: https://blockchain.info/address/1KvS4Yj7qCgjLFLSJsnaSeonuFWFnRA6QM
He leaved a small rest in the other address, I had the chance to move it from his wallet, but I didn't want to touch anything of his stuff...
From that wallet he moved the coins to: https://blockchain.info/address/1EpKArcy57ezBExxo3PiCBg4tKizW2A9Z8 here they still are at the moment of writing.

Localbitcoins profile is deleted
Google Cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/AtrechtBtc/sell-bitcoins-to-cash/

He called his self Jeroen Altrecht

His stuff ( pictures taken at police station ):

Lenovo Notebook, Iphone 4 ( not on pictures ) Gstar Jacket.

Many thanks for any help.
To be honest, this is EXTREMELY STUPID. No compassion at all with you.
I once traded with someone from localbitcoins to in mcdo (veenendael), same story, except for the fact that i am not this stupid, if i understand it will you transfered bitcoins to a wallet and just let him go outside? when i traded with the guy in nl he proposed this to me but i didnt agree and almost left without a deal, in the end he agreed to bring the money in first and do it little by little (it was quite a good exchange rate for him)
Is this guy really dutch-looking? Then it's not my guy. If he is looking Turkish/Morroccan (even when he is dutch speaking) please send me a pm, otherwise it's not my guy
i guess i am able to trade again with this guy (with the police)
from where r u and where do you live?
leen93

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 09:12:02 PM

Good chances he is also good visible at the video from security cameras.
No he had no gloves.
Chances to get btc back is something between 0% and 0.0001% I guess. But maybe he could become unhappy with trying to spent them?

He got carried away with the amount. He'll always feel the guilt when spending each and every coin he stole from you and realizing that he did a very dumb move. He got caught with the CCTVs, fingerprints all over his stuff, gadgets that could lead to his original information and such. I'm sure he's getting ready to move out the place. Better do something real quick.
This guy planned to do this. He knows his fingerprints are not known, his gadgets will not lead anywhere...
mrcashking

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:10:33 AM

Good chances he is also good visible at the video from security cameras.
No he had no gloves.
Chances to get btc back is something between 0% and 0.0001% I guess. But maybe he could become unhappy with trying to spent them?

He got carried away with the amount. He'll always feel the guilt when spending each and every coin he stole from you and realizing that he did a very dumb move. He got caught with the CCTVs, fingerprints all over his stuff, gadgets that could lead to his original information and such. I'm sure he's getting ready to move out the place. Better do something real quick.
This guy planned to do this. He knows his fingerprints are not known, his gadgets will not lead anywhere...

Even if that was the case his fingerprints are now known.
Casimir1904 (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 11:16:04 AM

He was dutch looking, and yes afterwards I could do 1000 other things to avoid this...
Even if his fingerprints are not known, he should be good seen on the cameras, so earlier or later they'll get them for sure.

Holzbein

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 11:46:34 AM

He was dutch looking, and yes afterwards I could do 1000 other things to avoid this...
Even if his fingerprints are not known, he should be good seen on the cameras, so earlier or later they'll get them for sure.

But how you gonna prove the police that you have send him bitcoins? he can just deny that and say he not even know what thats it
Casimir1904 (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 03:53:41 PM

But how you gonna prove the police that you have send him bitcoins? he can just deny that and say he not even know what thats it

And then he say that he just leaved his stuff their without a reason and even don't ask it back?
And then he say he don't know anything about the bitcoins send at exactly that time and moved few seconds after he leaved the building?
Oh and i've some emails where we talked about the trade and where he wrote that he is already at the Mc Donalds.

MarkMJ

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 06:13:00 PM

Can you describe the scammar?
Can you put the video with scammar?
Waiting for reply.

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:09:39 PM

Send a message to LBC owner https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=8516 maybe he could help you.
Xandrah

Activity: 273
Merit: 260

Pool Owner

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:06:15 AM

Next time, never let anyone walk away once you have deposited a bitcoin let alone 74 of them.
I have had somebody over here in the UK meet up with me for 10 BTC in Burger King, they wanted me to deposit right away, then say they need to go to a ATM because they do not have enough cash at the current exchange rate.
I declined and specified I will not hand over the bitcoins until the cash is on the table in front of me. Of course, the deal never went through because they were going to run.

All professional looking with a laptop and such, were willing to dump the laptop and bag for 10BTC of course, as the rate of trade at that current time was 900 a bitcoin.
Most likely the laptop only had a temp wallet on it, nothing personal.

I hope the guy you dealt with is caught, maybe something personal was left on the laptop.
Casimir1904 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:21:48 PM

Waiting for reply.

I don't have the Video, i described as good as possible to police but they have also the video, for decribing on internet it would not help really much..
Dutch looking around 20y old about 180cm black short hair, long face.
Would probaly match to many persons so really not help on the Internet.

teddy5145

Merit: 528

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 11:00:40 PM

Waiting for reply.

I don't have the Video, i described as good as possible to police but they have also the video, for decribing on internet it would not help really much..
Dutch looking around 20y old about 180cm black short hair, long face.
Would probaly match to many persons so really not help on the Internet.
Did you check inside his phone or laptop before reporting to police?
There might be some personal data inside his devices, is his devices even protected with password?
74 btc is a lot man   Roll Eyes
newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 11:17:45 PM

This is a horrible story. Sorry it happened to you.

In the future always limit the size of transactions with people you do not know.

McDonalds is okay but meeting at a police station or bank might be better for a transaction this large. Ask for identification in advance and require payment before you transfer the btc. Use escrow if the buyer requests it but NEVER send btc first.

Never accept paypal or payment forms that can be reversed and have a counterfeit pen detector if you are taking cash. Taking that much cash always puts you at risk of being robbed after the transaction perhaps in the parking lot. That is why I said bank or police station would be better than McDonalds.

Good luck catching the guy. Expensive lesson for sure. Hopefully others will learn from reading this thread. Thanks for sharing
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:10:10 AM

today I got Scammed by a Dutch guy who called his self altrechtbtc on localbitcoins.com
We meeted at an Mc Donalds in Cologne. After I sended him the BTC he told me that he need to get the cash out of his car but he let his laptop and phone open with the wallet decrypted on it.

I feel sorry reading this story.  But if you meet up with someone make sure they have the cash BEFORE you send.  Also check to make sure not counterfeit or something else.   It is very fair to check out the money before sending.

I hope OP get's money back.   I think it will depend on if police see bitcoin and sit it aside or if they go off the value of theft.  I hope the laptop/phone lead to something but if he had all this set up would not surprise me if phone was a burner or I think he would have took it and laptop just cheap.   

I hope you got video/pictures from some security that is what will really help you find him.  Let us know how it goes.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: