Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:04:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Got scammed on Trading for Cash ( 74.19 BTC )  (Read 5970 times)
Casimir1904 (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:34:11 AM

Can you describe the scammar?
Can you put the video with scammar?
Waiting for reply.

I don't have the Video, i described as good as possible to police but they have also the video, for decribing on internet it would not help really much..
Dutch looking around 20y old about 180cm black short hair, long face.
Would probaly match to many persons so really not help on the Internet.
Did you check inside his phone or laptop before reporting to police?
There might be some personal data inside his devices, is his devices even protected with password?
74 btc is a lot man   Roll Eyes

Offcourse I didn't as already written in first Post.
I didn't want to destroy any fingerprints.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:43:33 PM

Can you describe the scammar?
Can you put the video with scammar?
Waiting for reply.

I don't have the Video, i described as good as possible to police but they have also the video, for decribing on internet it would not help really much..
Dutch looking around 20y old about 180cm black short hair, long face.
Would probaly match to many persons so really not help on the Internet.
Did you check inside his phone or laptop before reporting to police?
There might be some personal data inside his devices, is his devices even protected with password?
74 btc is a lot man   Roll Eyes

Offcourse I didn't as already written in first Post.
I didn't want to destroy any fingerprints.

Were there any camera's in where you met?  Or even nearby business with cameras outside to catch him?

I think fingerprints will be hard to find from, you have much better chance with video/pic.
newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:20:45 PM

Ouch! That is a hefty amount of btc.

You're probably not the first person he's scammed in this way, he left his phone and laptop on purpose to make you think he would have to come back and get them. If you haven't already I'd ask for all the public cctv footage in that area aswell as McDonald's.
Casimir1904 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:12:48 PM

You're probably not the first person he's scammed in this way, he left his phone and laptop on purpose to make you think he would have to come back and get them. If you haven't already I'd ask for all the public cctv footage in that area aswell as McDonald's.

He must be good seen on the cctv, we met upstairs and you walk exactly in the camera when going up the stairs and down, and the table where we meeted was also in the area of cctv's.
I woudln't get the video i guess but police have it, maybe they would ask me if i could identify him from the pictures so maybe i could get a chance their to get his pic.
But that could take weeks or months till something will happen.
Maybe I need to give some bonus for them who give the hint what lead to his arrest? :-)

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:23:26 PM

He must be good seen on the cctv, we met upstairs and you walk exactly in the camera when going up the stairs and down, and the table where we meeted was also in the area of cctv's.
I woudln't get the video i guess but police have it, maybe they would ask me if i could identify him from the pictures so maybe i could get a chance their to get his pic.
Maybe I need to give some bonus for them who give the hint what lead to his arrest? :-)

When you give a bonus to police.. i think it's called a bribe Smiley.  I suggest not going in offering money for them to work case lol.

But I would check up and make sure they are working on it and getting videos.  If they wait months depending on system some might no longer have their the video.  Normally places keep so much and i old school record over tapes, or if new delete old on hardrive automatically to make space for new.
Casimir1904 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:55:06 PM

When you give a bonus to police.. i think it's called a bribe Smiley.  I suggest not going in offering money for them to work case lol.

But I would check up and make sure they are working on it and getting videos.  If they wait months depending on system some might no longer have their the video.  Normally places keep so much and i old school record over tapes, or if new delete old on hardrive automatically to make space for new.

The bonus for community not for police :-p
Police got the directly to the Mc Donalds to get the video...

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:31:48 AM

The bonus for community not for police :-p
Police got the directly to the Mc Donalds to get the video...

That does make quite a difference there Smiley.  I wish the community could help but I think video is your best option.

If you can get video of it get it on local news, local facebooks, etc with a reward for his name/info.   I would ask nicely on police to get the video, I doubt they give it to you though.   You might contact a lawyer and see if they can get the video from police assuming police does have it. 
MarkMJ

Activity: 714

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:45:56 AM

Still nothing?
A friend of mine also got scammed there
Is not really a good way to trade alone.

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
V.Lace

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:35:14 AM

Casmir is a good person he loaned me on btcpop.  Sad  Why does this happen to the good people.   Angry  Casmir, is possible he planned all this before he did the crime, though he can be stupid,

Im a certified A+ technician, 

do you have the laptop in custody or it is at the police?  if the police cant get any evidence from that hard drive, I suggest try to recover deleted partition on that hard drive,  If the police dont know how to do that, maybe I can help you uncover evidence,  The thief is smart he could have waxed his finger prints.  The key right now is that computer and cameras.  You loaned my wife BTC and I would like to help in anyway I can.  Im on ur friends list on facebook.

Dreckshammel

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:41:45 AM

How he will proof the police that he really send it to his wallet? the scammer can still say i got nothing or even decline that he know anything about bitcoins, and if police tell him how it comes he have a wallet on the laptop he could say op have installed it maybe...

I hope the best for you to recover the cash
MaxLBC

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 01:24:42 PM

I'm really sorry this happened on our platform Sad

I saw that you already contacted us, we can provide you with the details of the user that we know and help you and the police catch the perpetrator.
MarkMJ

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:01:33 PM

I'm really sorry this happened on our platform Sad

I saw that you already contacted us, we can provide you with the details of the user that we know and help you and the police catch the perpetrator.

Hello

You are really from localbitcoins.com?
Give us some details about the scammer
I just wait to see this reply.

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:29:26 AM

Casmir is a good person he loaned me on btcpop.  Sad  Why does this happen to the good people.   Angry  Casmir, is possible he planned all this before he did the crime, though he can be stupid,

Im a certified A+ technician, 

do you have the laptop in custody or it is at the police?  if the police cant get any evidence from that hard drive, I suggest try to recover deleted partition on that hard drive,  If the police dont know how to do that, maybe I can help you uncover evidence,  The thief is smart he could have waxed his finger prints.  The key right now is that computer and cameras.  You loaned my wife BTC and I would like to help in anyway I can.  Im on ur friends list on facebook.

What chapter was waxed finger tips, or uncovering evidence when studying? 

It's nice your A+ certified.... congrats but it's not really a cert in realm on security.   Their security cert is a different cert Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:32:58 AM

How he will proof the police that he really send it to his wallet? the scammer can still say i got nothing or even decline that he know anything about bitcoins, and if police tell him how it comes he have a wallet on the laptop he could say op have installed it maybe...

I hope the best for you to recover the cash

The only way would be a combination of video or photo and also the laptop.  You really need both to prove it.  Or it turns into a he said she said thing.

The photo or video of him meeting would show that they met.  You cant prove intent so video alone not a home run case.

With laptop it could prove motive.  It could show the computer had access to the wallets, and who knows what else.   That is assuming it's not encrypted or something making it hard to get anything off pc.

Hopefully OP is getting somewhere and lawyer or police suggested not to talk during investigation.   I hope it gets some or all of it back.
MarkMJ

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:10:59 PM

I don't believe that there is no pic with scammar on that laptop.

MarkMJ

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 04:46:14 PM

Can you say the exact location of that Mc Donalds?
Someone wants to try something
Waithing pm or reply here.

mrcashking

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 04:53:19 PM

Any news from the police yet OP? I sure hope they are looking for him. After speaking with you I really feel bad for what happened and I hope you get that guy.
MarkMJ

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:15:04 AM

Any news from the police yet OP? I sure hope they are looking for him. After speaking with you I really feel bad for what happened and I hope you get that guy.

If the police don't know what bitcoin is then will never continue this case.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 10:06:40 AM

If the police don't know what bitcoin is then will never continue this case.

That's why I suggested he might consult with a lawyer.  Depending on police some will treat it as the value it had, and others will think digital nothing of value lost.

With lawyer he has decent chance of getting any video (assuming the police got any).  And he should do it soon as most security system's record X many day's (normally in weeks, if not months depending on company).

With video he can use local news/facebook, etc with a reward.  And might just catch him.  Then it would be a court case... but still would find him.

I'm not thinking OP going quiet is a good thing.
MarkMJ

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 11:55:21 AM

Still waithing the reply from op about the exactly address of that Mc.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: