Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:48:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think I can support my studies with cryptocoins?  (Read 785 times)
jacee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:57:10 AM

I am a fresman student in college, I stopped going to school this year because my parents won't support my studies anymore. Do you think I can support my self with cryptocoins?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 10:12:49 AM

I doubt that you can, unless you managed to acquire a lot of Bitcoins when they were worth cents. You should definitely look for a student job or something.
Why did they stop supporting your studies? That's quite unfortunate.

You should consider making a 5 - 10 year plan and start achieving. You should not stop studying and waste years of your life. Getting the right degree is going to be worth your time. Most people usually study something useless/something that isn't really that required in the world right now. If I may ask, what have you started studying?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BitBatFan

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:32:40 AM

How do you plan to support yourself with cryptocoins? To be some kind of broker, gambler, or service provider...?
None of those things are easy, especially gambling, where you'll definitely lose on the long run.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:49:31 AM

Possibly, if you are lucky enough trading in altcoins you can make insane profits but I think this would take a long time and to support your study probably not the best option.
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:07:42 PM

I am a fresman student in college, I stopped going to school this year because my parents won't support my studies anymore. Do you think I can support my self with cryptocoins?
Depends on where do you live and what do you want to study. If its Oxford/MIT then you surely need huge bucks else there are places where you can spend less.
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:56:06 PM

I think you probably can't.
The safe bet is to get a job.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 08:06:20 PM

Cryptocurrencies are very risky, you'd be better off getting a job as others have said then maybe save up after you get a raise or something, buy some Bitcoins on the side and increase your savings.
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:30:26 PM

If you manage to open a big btc business like a big exchange or primedice, it would be possible.

But won't be easier than open a non btc business
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:03:58 AM

I doubt that you can, unless you managed to acquire a lot of Bitcoins when they were worth cents. You should definitely look for a student job or something.
Why did they stop supporting your studies? That's quite unfortunate.

You should consider making a 5 - 10 year plan and start achieving. You should not stop studying and waste years of your life. Getting the right degree is going to be worth your time. Most people usually study something useless/something that isn't really that required in the world right now. If I may ask, what have you started studying?

My mother is the only one who is supporting me but we had some misunderstandings and she refuses to give me allowances or anything even with my studies.
I'm taking up bachelor of science in Psychology.
In my country or should I say here in my town It's not easy to find a job for students like me so I was wondering if I can make use of my knowledge here so I can save enough money to continue my studies.
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:08:48 AM

Depends on where do you live and what do you want to study. If its Oxford/MIT then you surely need huge bucks else there are places where you can spend less.

I'm from the Philippines. I can afford to pass any scholarship program here but I'm afraid there is no scholarship suited for me for my course. I need a lot of money because the only school that is offering my course in here is a private school. I was thinking of saving enough money for allowance then look for a job in here and maybe I can be lucky enough to find someone (a politician maybe) who can give me scholarship.
BTCPOOLMINING

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:14:51 AM

it depends on how much money you need to support your study and what skills you have
if you have some high ranked forum accounts then you can join signature campaigns to make some money and earn some money by selling your services. you should tell how much you need per month to support yourself, minimum amount

stingers
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:34:27 PM

I'm from the Philippines. I can afford to pass any scholarship program here but I'm afraid there is no scholarship suited for me for my course. I need a lot of money because the only school that is offering my course in here is a private school. I was thinking of saving enough money for allowance then look for a job in here and maybe I can be lucky enough to find someone (a politician maybe) who can give me scholarship.
The only answer is that yes you can support yourself with bitcoin, but only when you have enough of them Wink
xmaxbit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:07:07 PM

It can do that only if you have got some luck factor. NXT earned me over 200 USD and it was a giveaway. This is the fund I needed to shift to another location that gave me jobs so really thank to cryptocoin for this . So you have to keep your eyes open all the time if really want to go forward .
stingers
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 08:14:59 AM

It can do that only if you have got some luck factor. NXT earned me over 200 USD and it was a giveaway. This is the fund I needed to shift to another location that gave me jobs so really thank to cryptocoin for this . So you have to keep your eyes open all the time if really want to go forward .
I don't think that 200$ is enough for studies (not even for like 3month).
You gotta have huge reserves if you wanna get good education
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:43:07 AM

I don't think that 200$ is enough for studies (not even for like 3month).
You gotta have huge reserves if you wanna get good education

I am fully aware of that but I am still trying my luck to earn through cryptocurrency. It's the only thing I know that can help me now that I can't find any jobs. I have other online jobs that pays me a small amount.
doublemore

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 01:06:23 PM

Depends how many coins you have and what they are worth at the time you need to use them.  You might be able to support yourself if you can trade them profitably.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 05:00:03 PM

My mother is the only one who is supporting me but we had some misunderstandings and she refuses to give me allowances or anything even with my studies.
I'm taking up bachelor of science in Psychology.
In my country or should I say here in my town It's not easy to find a job for students like me so I was wondering if I can make use of my knowledge here so I can save enough money to continue my studies.
Well these things happen with family and it is unfortunate. I wouldn't recommend that study path if finance is your main goal. It is not at the same level as IT currently is.
However, if you are really interested in it you should pursue it. On the other hand there aren't many options for you with Bitcoin.

The people who actually make money are the ones who have enough already to invest or make a service/startup. You could join a signature campaign to get small bonuses for your posting but it is not going to be near the amount that you need to study.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 09:56:10 AM

Maybe in 10 years the price will be 1M/coin and you'll be able to do it.

But right now I don't think so, unless you spend all the day posting and farming accounts, but no time for study if you do so Sad
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:30:47 AM

Maybe in 10 years the price will be 1M/coin and you'll be able to do it.

But right now I don't think so, unless you spend all the day posting and farming accounts, but no time for study if you do so Sad

10 years is too long. I've planned to save for 1 year and then study next year. I don't think it'll be worth it anymore if it took that long for me to save and continue studying.
yummyransom

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 12:20:46 PM

I don't think so. But it's up to you if how you handle it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: