Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:27:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin to $50k before Xmas  (Read 6502 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 03:41:00 PM

This.

Everybody needs to stop drawing random lines on charts and call them 'predictions'.
Exactly. They are making random charts and calling them predictions. What value do predictions have if they are made by a random person?
Should someone without the proper degree even be making these kinds of predictions? I feel like they're a waste of time and are often wrong in this forum.

We've bounced off of $280, and he expects us to reach $50k in 6 months?  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:51:15 PM

Based on the predictions in this speculation forum, we will be hitting $1200-1300 by end of July, $32,000 this fall, $50,000 by Christmas, $120,000 - $500,000 between the next block halving or by 2020. If this comes to even 25% fruition, we will have had an amazing bull run. I have my doubts, but hey, this is Bitcoin and anything can happen.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 04:08:57 PM

This prediction can indeed become true and it doesn't conflict with my prediction of 4000$ per BTC in 4 months. It only further validates my prediction.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:20:41 PM

I dont think its gonna happen. but lets hold, wait and see.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:23:56 PM

I see absolutely no evidence of this being possible.  Undecided

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 04:26:37 PM

I see absolutely no evidence of this being impossible. 

FTFY

greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:11:29 PM

Bitcoins is a currency which grow, for sure but this is fucking unrealistic man. It won;t grow like that until major events occur, often. And however much I'd like to root for it, you are just setting the expectation bar for people too high. I think the major fault all the btc fans are often depressed is yall have too much expectations with your money. Invest extra money on btc which you won't mind losing, don't lose your mind over it.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:25:57 PM

I see absolutely no evidence of this being impossible.

FTFY

lol. You got me Hyena. I suppose it is also true that it is not impossible.  Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:59:49 PM

It's not that unrealistic.

Ask yourself, in terms of non-price aspects, is Bitcoin 50x further along than it was 18 months ago when we were over $1000? I'd say it's about 10-20x further along. Back then there was practically nothing compared to the current level of venture capital, big banks on board, popular acknowledgement, etc. Think what would happen if the bearish sentiment receded and people suddenly started feeling FOMO? All this "good news" that happened during the fall suddenly has to get priced in. Then, there's still 6 months until the end of the year, so we could by 2-3x further along by then, amounting to ~50x further along compared with end of 2013, and as price rises to match we could peak near $50,000 in a wild bubble top.

My guess would be that this happens more toward next year after the halving, but this year is quite possible.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:15:59 PM

Ask yourself, in terms of non-price aspects, is Bitcoin 50x further along than it was 18 months ago when we were over $1000? I'd say it's about 10-20x further along. Back then there was practically nothing compared to the current level of venture capital, big banks on board, popular acknowledgement, etc. Think what would happen if the bearish sentiment receded and people suddenly started feeling FOMO? All this "good news" that happened during the fall suddenly has to get priced in. Then, there's still 6 months until the end of the year, so we could by 2-3x further along by then, amounting to ~50x further along compared with end of 2013, and as price rises to match we could peak near $50,000 in a wild bubble top.

My guess would be that this happens more toward next year after the halving, but this year is quite possible.

And like someone mentioned, after a wild bubble tops and bursts, we'll have a correction, and a much higher ceiling will be set. But when it's all set and done, it will all come down to when to sell at the top. You may think you are at the sweet spot, sell, then find out you sold right in the middle of the rise. You think "I now only have to wait for the correction". The price keeps going up, bursts, and the correction happens, but the correction is never lower than were you sold at, you keep waiting and waiting and the price start going up slowly again. You are now left outside of the game for future gains. Enjoy your dollars/euros while the rest keep riding the BTC train.
trackermut

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:48:03 PM

Not a chance, never, not a snowballs chance in hell before Christmas,  i want your drugs, your miles out mate 47000 max me things will be January before 50k.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:07:53 PM

This speculation is still quite conservative.. On the left, the spike was used to determine the startpoint of the trendline. If the spike was ignored and the avarage peak was taken, the line would end up MUCH higher!!  Roll Eyes
stallion

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:15:28 PM

50k is unrealistic as we all know it. We can yes reach somewhere to 50 or 500 USD , but 50k. This is possible only when everyone has adopted bitcoins. But then hypothetically ,millions won't be worth the millions.

OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:22:44 PM

Anybody can draw a random line to justify any price. That is not a prediction.
Bagatell

Activity: 722

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:38:03 PM

Anybody can draw a random line to justify any price. That is not a prediction.

OPs line is not random.
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:59:08 PM

$50,000 before Christmas would be amazing. That would definitely make a lot of people happy. 50k is a lot though, I don't even know if that is possible, but that would be interesting nonetheless.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 09:08:31 PM

$50,000 before Christmas would be amazing. That would definitely make a lot of people happy. 50k is a lot though, I don't even know if that is possible, but that would be interesting nonetheless.

You can be sure it will make more people unhappy than happy. All those banksters, warren buffer's cock suckers and duck fuckers will be soooo butthurt.

Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:10:09 PM

And like someone mentioned, after a wild bubble tops and bursts, we'll have a correction, and a much higher ceiling will be set. But when it's all set and done, it will all come down to when to sell at the top. You may think you are at the sweet spot, sell, then find out you sold right in the middle of the rise. You think "I now only have to wait for the correction". The price keeps going up, bursts, and the correction happens, but the correction is never lower than were you sold at, you keep waiting and waiting and the price start going up slowly again. You are now left outside of the game for future gains. Enjoy your dollars/euros while the rest keep riding the BTC train.

That's why you use this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345065.0
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 08:11:45 AM

In that case, we better gear up to sell BTC to Santa Claus

SmoothCurves

Activity: 379

View Profile