Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:56:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Pulsar | Transcendent Concepts | Open Competition Distribution  (Read 5292 times)
Pulsardev70 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:53:39 AM

The high difficulty of the pools would have really slowed the small fork so 577 is prob correct, could not have been much sooner

If it forked at 577 I don't see a big problem, because now is only 642, but if it was
at 1 block why I have to loose all my coins although I was on the right fork from the launch?

We are not proposing a relaunch.  Whatever decision is made, prefork coins will be intact.
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 11:06:21 AM

The high difficulty of the pools would have really slowed the small fork so 577 is prob correct, could not have been much sooner

If it forked at 577 I don't see a big problem, because now is only 642, but if it was
at 1 block why I have to loose all my coins although I was on the right fork from the launch?

We are not proposing a relaunch.  Whatever decision is made, prefork coins will be intact.
maybe you really should accept supernova chain, a lot of ppl were mining and without pools i don't see how this coin will succeed.. as ocminer already explained:

Suprnova, can you please temporarily pause your daemon, delete your blockchain data, and sync to the nodes again they are still at 577 block

Pool.mn, please resync with us.

We can get this fork resolved, it happened at block 577.

it is not so easy as you think as all the blocks since 577 > 10xx are/were already mined and credited on the pool. So if I reset the blockchain, I'd have to rework the whole transactions database to get that stuff sorted out.

IMHO its too much work, you'd be better off with a "new" pool here.

And BTW: I tried connecting from a separate server to your nodes, they STILL do NOT work...

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Pulsardev70 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:11:43 AM

We are not proposing a relaunch.  Whatever decision is made, prefork coins will be intact.
maybe you really should accept supernova chain, a lot of ppl were mining and without pools i don't see how this coin will succeed.. as ocminer already explained:

Suprnova, can you please temporarily pause your daemon, delete your blockchain data, and sync to the nodes again they are still at 577 block

Pool.mn, please resync with us.

We can get this fork resolved, it happened at block 577.

it is not so easy as you think as all the blocks since 577 > 10xx are/were already mined and credited on the pool. So if I reset the blockchain, I'd have to rework the whole transactions database to get that stuff sorted out.

And BTW: I tried connecting from a separate server to your nodes, they STILL do NOT work...

We have no problem accepting that fork.  But the pools are down and there is no way to sync to it.

There is a pool currently up at http://hashgoal.com/pool/PULS/ that is on the same chain as our nodes.
SIX3P0

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:19:12 AM

Ya if we dont get on that fork all coins from pool miners there will be lost, even pre fork  Undecided
totoy

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:53:34 PM

sh*t now all of my coins are gone
Pulsardev70 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:58:43 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2015, 05:23:08 PM by Pulsardev70

The fork issue has resolved itself it appears.  There is an active pool with over 150TH/s hashing on it at hashgoal.com/pool/PULS/ on the same chain as our nodes.  There is currently no way to sync with the fork that suprnova and pool.mn were on.

If you are still having issues syncing to our nodes, you can add hashgoal to your conf.  I tested this on another PC using only hashgoal as a node and the wallet sync'd to the proper chain.

We are currently on block 1071.  Block range 1501-1551 have 450 PULSE rewards, so there is still ample opportunity to get in with rewards comparable to the initial blocks.

vixa

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:15:13 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2015, 05:35:51 PM by vixa

The fork issue has resolved itself it appears.  There is an active pool with over 150TH/s hashing on it at hashgoal.com/pool/PULS/ on the same chain as our nodes.  There is currently no way to sync with the fork that suprnova and pool.mn were on.

If you are still having issues syncing to our nodes, you can add hashgoal to your conf.  I tested this on another PC using only hashgoal as a node and the wallet sync'd to the proper chain.

We are currently on block 1071.  Block range 1501-2000 have 450 PULSE rewards, so there is still ample opportunity to get in with rewards comparable to the initial blocks.

Block range 1501-2000 have 450 PULSE rewards Huh

You are retarded and want to develop a coin Smiley if you don't know the base-blok reward shedule.For sure you coded that shit
For sure you are very goood coder  Grin
EDIT
I see you changed it to the right blok range. Bravo
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 05:18:17 PM

We are currently on block 1071.  Block range 1501-2000 have 450 PULSE rewards, so there is still ample opportunity to get in with rewards comparable to the initial blocks.

sounds good dev, any special plans? Roadmap..

Pulsardev70 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:40:40 PM

Block range 1501-2000 have 450 PULSE rewards Huh

You are retarded and want to develop a coin Smiley if you don't know the base-blok reward shedule.For sure you code that shit
For sure you are very goood coder  Grin

Good catch there Vixa, sorry about the mistake in my post, it has been corrected - we were up very late last night digging into this fork issue and addressing community concerns.  The issue with the fork has nothing to do with the code and had to do with a massive influx of blocks that our nodes could not keep up with very early in the POW phase. 

As to the code, we are confident it is a solid piece of work.  You are more than welcome to look and see if there are any problems with it - the source is posted Wink 

trader, yes we have plans for this coin.  MNs are already in the code and will be active on 18 July.  We chose a later date to ensure that the 8,080 block goes to one user, and was not split with a MN.  Incidentally, 8,080 is the amount of PULSE required to run a MN.  We'll unveil a much more comprehensive picture of our vision for the future in a polished product in the coming days.

Right now our efforts are focused on building this community and getting more pools on board to ensure a more even and fair distribution of coin takes place Smiley  If any of you can get the word out to additional pools and bring them into the family, it would be much appreciated!
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 06:23:43 PM

trader, yes we have plans for this coin.  MNs are already in the code and will be active on 18 July.  We chose a later date to ensure that the 8,080 block goes to one user, and was not split with a MN.  Incidentally, 8,080 is the amount of PULSE required to run a MN.  We'll unveil a much more comprehensive picture of our vision for the future in a polished product in the coming days.

Right now our efforts are focused on building this community and getting more pools on board to ensure a more even and fair distribution of coin takes place Smiley  If any of you can get the word out to additional pools and bring them into the family, it would be much appreciated!
thanks for explaining, good luck. i will mine some

superman1314

Activity: 298

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:24:08 PM

Pool all fork. The front of the 600 who dug?
Pulsardev70 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:25:51 PM

Another pool is up!

https://pulsar.miningpool.cc

Adding to ANN
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 06:31:20 PM

Pool all fork. The front of the 600 who dug?
everything mined up to block 577 i think was on right chain, after block 577 chain splitted.. so u guys only loosed mined coins after block 577.. correct me if i am wrong.

superman1314

Activity: 298

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:33:40 PM

We need DEV to explain. Where did the 600 of the most front go? Or was he himself? If it is a solo apparent imbalance
Pulsardev70 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:40:44 PM

We need DEV to explain. Where did the 600 of the most front go? Or was he himself? If it is a solo apparent imbalance

We don't know who received what until block 600 (or beyond for that matter).  Once we get a BE up an running it will be more clear.  We did not instamine it - heck we relaunched the coin because solominers crushed all the early blocks the first time around.  We will continue moving forward with development of Pulsar and growing this community.  We have high hopes for the future of this coin and what it has to offer.
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:49:39 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2015, 06:31:20 PM by animalroam

We don't know who received what until block 600 (or beyond for that matter).  Once we get a BE up an running it will be more clear.  We did not instamine it - heck we relaunched the coin because solominers crushed all the early blocks the first time around.  We will continue moving forward with development of Pulsar and growing this community.  We have high hopes for the future of this coin and what it has to offer.

It is extremely confusing right now because everyone is on different forks.
lahlor

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 07:18:47 PM

Hello all,

we are proud to be now a member of the Pulsar Community and created a second pool.

Welcome to miningpool.cc
Change the Pool to mine different coins over the top left dropdown.Our pools mainpage www.miningpool.cc

Pulsar Pool // Algo: SHA256

stratum+tcp://pulsar.mininigpool.cc:9478
Pulsardev70 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:25:55 PM

Hello all,

we are proud to be now a member of the Pulsar Community and created a second pool.

Welcome to miningpool.cc
Change the Pool to mine different coins over the top left dropdown.Our pools mainpage www.miningpool.cc

Pulsar Pool // Algo: SHA256

stratum+tcp://pulsar.mininigpool.cc:9478

Thanks lahlor!  Definitely appreciate more involvement and you taking the time to set up a pool for Pulsar.
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:53:50 PM

Block explorer and richlist set up at http://cryptobe.com/chain/Pulsar.
Pulsardev70 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:56:30 PM

Block explorer up.  Keep on mining, the hash rate is relatively low and there are plenty of coins still available during POW phase.

POS kicks in at block 2,500.  Any coins mined prior to block 2,340 will be mature for staking when that block hits!  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: