Bitcoin Forum
December 07, 2016, 08:32:59 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: using extra pci slots?  (Read 1027 times)
nazgulnarsil

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 07:31:45 PM

I've heard something about risers being used to utilize multiple cards on machines with only 1 PCIex16 slot.  anyone have any info I can't find anything.

I have a 5850 running and have this extra 5830 just sitting here.  My PSU can handle the load so....
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Haxxy

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 08:36:09 PM

Haven't really heard anything about it, but if you were to "split" your PCI-E slot, you'd only have half the bandwidth going to each slot, right? It might provide only a very small increase, or maybe even decrease, in performance. I have only limited knowledge, though, so I may be wrong.

Also, this should be moved to the "Mining" subforum.

LegitBit

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Mining takes up little bandwidth so splitting wouldn't be much of a problem.. but don't expect to use the machine for other stuff at the same time.

Donate : 1EiAKUmTVtqXsaGLKQQVvLT9DDnHsT7jTZ (Block Explorer)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.