Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:40:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING AN ACCOUNT  (Read 4273 times)
Real14Hero

Activity: 952
Merit: 576

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 01:00:16 PM

But what happen if the seller take back his account by proving the ownership of old address after sell the account to someone? Is it still possible right?

Please respond, I'm curious about this one.
Hexcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 01:45:45 PM

But what happen if the seller take back his account by proving the ownership of old address after sell the account to someone? Is it still possible right?

No need to worry if the buyer have signed message from the seller when buying accounts, that would serve as proof of account transfer and he cant claim it back
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 02:08:26 PM

No need to worry if the buyer have signed message from the seller when buying accounts, that would serve as proof of account transfer and he cant claim it back

If old buyer has a address staked, and it was not the one to send signed message I would guess it could still be taken back.

I have not heard of any  situations of this happening.  But if you stake a address with an account you should be able to recover it with help of mods and proving you own staked address.

So I would be careful as far as what address seller uses.   I still would not suggest for anyone to buy an account.
Professor Plums

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 02:51:10 PM

Not necessarily. It's entirely possible that this will happen and if you read some threads in Meta it has happened before. Some scammers will sell their account then try claim it was hacked to get it back.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 07:16:47 PM

better to change the address to one of your address and sign it again and reporting that you have bought the account(a bit too drastic but it's the only way to avoid trouble afterward), because you never know with who you're dealing with
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 07:28:17 PM

better to change the address to one of your address and sign it again and reporting that you have bought the account(a bit too drastic but it's the only way to avoid trouble afterward), because you never know with who you're dealing with

Or you can just sell the address that you staked along with the account.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 08:58:13 PM

Or you can just sell the address that you staked along with the account.

by that you mean giving the private key of that address to the buyer right? if doing this it'd be good to use pgp or another form of communication, pm privacy is not guaranteed.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:39:32 PM

Well when you buy an account you ask the seller to sign a message that that account is sold to you, and you must keep this message for future, so you are protected. - my opinion
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 12:57:41 AM

Well when you buy an account you ask the seller to sign a message that that account is sold to you, and you must keep this message for future, so you are protected. - my opinion

its not just your opinion, i agree with it as well. by stating in the signed message that the account will be sold to you, the seller can no longer claim the account back as theirs using a signed message.

unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 01:04:43 AM

its not just your opinion, i agree with it as well. by stating in the signed message that the account will be sold to you, the seller can no longer claim the account back as theirs using a signed message.

This is the most important part of this thread IMO. OP don't miss out on what's quoted above.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:06:10 AM

Quick question about signed messages: Now, from what I understand, for a signed message to be valid, it must have been fron an address associated to the account from a post or something at some point. If a person were to purchase an account, and then decide to resell it for whatever reason, how could he legitimately prove ownership without having access to an address that has been associated with the account for an extended period of time?
peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 05:57:24 PM

Quick question about signed messages: Now, from what I understand, for a signed message to be valid, it must have been fron an address associated to the account from a post or something at some point. If a person were to purchase an account, and then decide to resell it for whatever reason, how could he legitimately prove ownership without having access to an address that has been associated with the account for an extended period of time?

The buyer can't proof that he is the legitimate buyer except he got a signature from seller that says that the previous owner sold the account to him. The new owner should have posted a bitcoin address so that he can proof, with another signature, that he held the account since then.

When selling an account then the message should contain the date of sale, the account to be sold and the buyer who bought it.
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:09:13 PM

Well from this i conclude that this is our opinion and every user should consider this as a must for their account.
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:17:17 PM

The buyer can't proof that he is the legitimate buyer except he got a signature from seller that says that the previous owner sold the account to him. The new owner should have posted a bitcoin address so that he can proof, with another signature, that he held the account since then.

When selling an account then the message should contain the date of sale, the account to be sold and the buyer who bought it.

I agree with you, a date should be included in the signed message, i dont know if we can verify when has been signed the message can we?
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:55:03 AM

this is why always use escrow when buying a forum account because escrow is the witness that the account is soled and he will protact everything regarding it and also there is one more way which is signing a message if you use your mind and choss wisly your account is going no where after buying, ps also ask the escrow to check the account post history because people made crap posts mostly is some other languge and then sale it

lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:54:55 AM

i think theres more risk on buying an account.

You have to double check if they dont have some password recovery setup, or the other secret pw security question answer to be super safe.

And even using escrow, they only provide the pw on the account so the 2nd point I mentioned I see it happen more with them entering by security questions.

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:58:52 AM

I agree with you, a date should be included in the signed message, i dont know if we can verify when has been signed the message can we?

if a date is included in the signed message, that should be sufficient proof the message was signed on that day if the message can be verified as valid; the signature for the message wouldnt be valid if any part of the message or signature were to be changed.

b-trading

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 09:35:25 AM

I wanna buy an account and i wanna knw the kind of things i should watch out for when im buying a membership account on this forum

Something to consider if you want to buy an account are The Rank lever of tbe account at least Sr. Member, Post quality, and Trust level of the account also the price of the account you want to buy
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 09:55:02 AM

I wanna buy an account and i wanna knw the kind of things i should watch out for when im buying a membership account on this forum

Something to consider if you want to buy an account are The Rank lever of tbe account at least Sr. Member, Post quality, and Trust level of the account also the price of the account you want to buy

you should also extensively search the account's posts and history once you know the name of the account to see if it is involved in any suspicious activity, scams, has any open loans, etc. for obvious reasons.

lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:55:10 AM

if a date is included in the signed message, that should be sufficient proof the message was signed on that day if the message can be verified as valid; the signature for the message wouldnt be valid if any part of the message or signature were to be changed.

Yes i know that, but i was wondering if we can verify when was that message signed if there is no date in the message.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: