Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:33:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to oil a squeaky street sign which you cant reach?  (Read 567 times)
WhatTheGox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:29:59 PM

How to oil a squeaky street sign which you cant reach?

Ladder no good its too high up, i have a window near the sign but i cant reach it to oil just with my arms.

So.... ideas how to transfer oil to sign?
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:45:15 PM

Try to throw a glass of oil into the sign? Or use a water gun, but with oil instead of water, maybe?
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:48:32 PM

A pot of oil strapped to the end of a stick/pole out of your window?

I know how annoying this can be Sad.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:51:49 PM

What state are you in? I say shoot it.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:04:24 PM

Try a can of WD40. This thing is great for squeaky hinges and you can spray it so you don't have to be precise. If it's really far take a stick and strap one to the side of the can with tape and use a piece of thread or tape to make a loop around the top that you can pull to start spraying.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:10:31 PM

Monkey on a stick. Boom. Done.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:31:13 PM

Monkey on a stick. Boom. Done.

Ha ha perfect Cheesy.

Just a bit worried where that stick goes?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 12:49:06 AM

"So far we got it to delivery several drops of oil, but our plans are to scale up from there."
WhatTheGox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 07:53:35 AM

Try a can of WD40. This thing is great for squeaky hinges and you can spray it so you don't have to be precise. If it's really far take a stick and strap one to the side of the can with tape and use a piece of thread or tape to make a loop around the top that you can pull to start spraying.

Im not sure i would be able to push down the lid of a WD40 can to make it start spraying.

So far my best idea is this...

I'm going to attach about 30 straws together using electrical tape, then im going to tape the straws to a broom handle to keep the whole thing steady but leaving 1 straw length out either side.  Then im going to dip 1 straw end in oil and hold the other end.  Then aim it towards squeaky sign hinge and blow or let go.

If i try it with just a cup of oil i'll probably cover the sign, its a shop sign i dont wanna get oil all over it.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:27:49 AM

Another idea would be go into the shop and ask them to oil it. It's their sign and it's annoying you Wink.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 07:59:42 PM

Im not sure i would be able to push down the lid of a WD40 can to make it start spraying.

So far my best idea is this...

I'm going to attach about 30 straws together using electrical tape, then im going to tape the straws to a broom handle to keep the whole thing steady but leaving 1 straw length out either side.  Then im going to dip 1 straw end in oil and hold the other end.  Then aim it towards squeaky sign hinge and blow or let go.

If i try it with just a cup of oil i'll probably cover the sign, its a shop sign i dont wanna get oil all over it.

Film it, putting the attempt on YouTube. After several million views, you'll make bank. Ask your viewers and subscribers to submit their suggest as to how oil the shop sign given the parameters. Each week, pick one of the suggestions and follow through, filming and uploading the best attempt as well.

End results: How I made millions of dollars off a squeaky shop sign outside my window.

Prior to the day the shop owner decides to change the sign, have millions of followers petition him to not do it.

If he follows through, sue his ass for lost of income. Meanwhile, request suggestions from your YouTube subscribers how to QUICKLY make the new signage squeak, filming those attempts as well.

You'll forever be known as the Squeaky Sign Guy around the world. Then, you'll be off to faraway lands, away from the original squeaky sign helping others, for a fee, of course, to rid the noise of a squeaky sign having similar parameters as once your own that keeps them awake at night.

Bottom line, what others in this thread see as a dude with a squeaky sign problem, I see a potential millionaire. Your call!

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:26:55 PM

Just stumbled across a squeaky sign: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVcQnyEIT8 (very beginning of video)
sinecure

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:40:03 PM

go to the store and tell them you will cover the costs of the oil i dont tink they will mind oiling it you are a potential customer to them
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:30:14 AM

go to the store and tell them you will cover the costs of the oil i dont tink they will mind oiling it you are a potential customer to them

Sure, OP, go and do that and you'll never be a millionaire as I've outlined how above.
runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 03:11:05 PM

Get a man with AIDS to anally penetrate you using KY jelly, then put the sign into your anus.  Problem solved.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: