Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:54:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China markets, WTF!?  (Read 2690 times)
jbreher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:38:57 PM

While we've been distracted by little ol' Greece (with ~0.3% WDP), China's stock markets have lost $USD trillions in the last month!

Yeah, slipped under my radar too. Discuss amongst yourselves while I go read some...

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Hollingsworth

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:26:13 PM

I think the correlation between their stock crash and bitcoin, litecoin price surges is obvious.

Asian stock market frenzy spills over into crypto.

H.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:33:29 PM

While we've been distracted by little ol' Greece (with ~0.3% WDP), China's stock markets have lost $USD trillions in the last month!

Yeah, slipped under my radar too. Discuss amongst yourselves while I go read some...

AFAIK, Chinese govt recently stopped subsidizing Chinese manufacturers. This has come as a blow to most Chinese companies as they were getting edge in world market because of their cheap rate. Investors have smelled that profit is gonna deep in coming quarters and hence they are selling out their stock.

I think the correlation between their stock crash and bitcoin, litecoin price surges is obvious.

H.

It has nothing to do with crypto. I am sure the majority of the Chinese stock market players are not yet in crypto. If they were, just imagine what would happen, even if 1% of a trillion USD slipped into BTC/LTC market.

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:39:18 PM

H.

2nd biggest economy in the world loses 30% off it's stock markets, and bitcoin rises $30..
I am not sure they can really be correlated, the increase is almost meaningless on that kind of scale,

China frequently prints more money to back the markets in a day than the Bitcoin total value!
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:48:18 PM

I doubt bitcoin has any influence on the China markets. It's a lot more plausible that Greece and EU worries (as a result of Greece) may be driving people to move money out of the market globally.

jbreher, what news did you find us through your reading?

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:54:49 PM

www.fiatleak.com

China still a major Bitcoin player. I expect big moves by them in the near future. AFter the greece incidents, every non-bitcoin invested individual will be rendered an idiot.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:11:58 PM

Well if they keep doing this they'll be forced to trade bitcoin  Wink:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-07/chinese-trading-halts-freeze-1-4-trillion-of-shares-amid-rout

Chinese companies have found a guaranteed way to prevent investors from selling their shares: suspend trading.

Almost 200 stocks halted trading after the close on Monday, bringing the total number of suspensions to 745, or 26 percent of listed firms on mainland exchanges, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Most of the halts are by companies listed in Shenzhen, which is dominated by smaller businesses.

The suspensions have locked up $1.4 trillion of shares, or 21 percent of China’s market capitalization, and are becoming increasingly popular as equity prices tumble. If not for the halts, a 28 percent plunge in the Shanghai Composite Index from its June 12 peak would probably be even deeper.

“Their main objective is to prevent share prices from slumping further amid a selling stampede,” said Chen Jiahe, a strategist at Cinda Securities Co.

The rout in Chinese shares has erased at least $3.2 trillion in value, or twice the size of India’s entire stock market.

Later, the number of halts requested increased to more than 1,200, the 21st Century Business Herald said, citing exchange data. The Shenzhen Stock Exchange will reject unjustifiable applications for suspensions, QQ.com reported, citing an unidentified person familiar with the matter.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:18:17 PM

www.fiatleak.com

China still a major Bitcoin player. I expect big moves by them in the near future. AFter the greece incidents, every non-bitcoin invested individual will be rendered an idiot.
What Greece crisis has to do with BTC? The only correlation is that Bitcoin is trying to promote itself because of this. It is not FIATs or Euro fault that Greece is in crisis, it them living over the top and spending money like fools caused this. Euro is still strong and will remain that way since Greeks Voted "NO". Bitcoin investment is still highly susceptible to whims of markets in many ways more than EURO ever was.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:34:05 PM

I think that events in China have played a big part in the recent surge in the crypto markets.

Litecoin has made remarkable gains (a train I have repeatedly missed), and that is being driven by Huobi.

Not sure if it will be sustained for long, though there seems to be a lot of LTC holders sitting in a long position.

jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:09:01 PM

And the interesting thing is China started buying up stock, the government is buying stock, to prevent a further collapse in price.  The end result is the exact same thing as the usa's Greenspan put (and its successors), an artificial price support.  This will make for bubbles and inflated asset valuations, if my thinking is correct.  I wonder, if the usa will do this too eventually because you can only lower interest rates to zero, and then there is no where to go.  I mean in addition to QE that they did.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:25:18 PM

You should not only watch the Chinese stock market, you should also watch commodities. Their decline indicates that we might enter a new bust cycle very soon with China only honking first.

I doubt there is a significant influence on the Bitcoin market. The majority of the Chinese people doesn't know about Bitcoin and will prefer precious metals.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
d4n13

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:25:48 PM

I found some asian exchange selling Sharkcoin.... in the millions... crazy.

http://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/jubi/

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:58:25 PM

www.fiatleak.com

What Greece crisis has to do with BTC? The only correlation is that Bitcoin is trying to promote itself because of this. It is not FIATs or Euro fault that Greece is in crisis, it them living over the top and spending money like fools caused this. Euro is still strong and will remain that way since Greeks Voted "NO". Bitcoin investment is still highly susceptible to whims of markets in many ways more than EURO ever was.

Greece debt was audited and judged illegal. I would love to see those who hate on greece posting here looking at their credit card bill and seen their debt increasing 5 fold out of a bank scheme. They will be the first to pick up the phone and complaint with their bank. Now Greece has to pay and shut up... well not gonna happen.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 12:48:24 AM

and gained ridiculous trillions of $US equivalent in the last 12 months.

chinese markets for last 12 months are still up crazy % gains, just last few weeks have had a correction, sky ain't falling.

DeepLee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:15:51 AM

China stock martet volume was doubled in  the past year. So, 30% drop is a little case.

PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:25:28 AM

China stock martet volume was doubled in  the past year. So, 30% drop is a little case.

Yes, fund managers has been buying China stocks for months when they started opening doors to foreign investors. Now that China's economy is slowing down, US picking up, and Grexit, they left. It's not because of cryptos. Bitcoin do not have that much influence over stock markets  Grin
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:49:36 AM

China stock martet volume was doubled in  the past year. So, 30% drop is a little case.

Now that China's economy is slowing down, US picking up

if you consider 7.4% growth slowing down (compared to the US' 2.4%) then yes  Roll Eyes
ticoti

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:13:32 AM

China has been in a really big bubble for some years,and it is starting to collapse

house prices are in a bubble too, but the point is that they are a very closed enviroment with own badge and they may avoid it or make it less bad
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 02:26:39 AM

I saw a post on twitter that said people are selling tons and tons "irrationally". It completely reminded me of the bitcoin bear market and I thought, ahh so that's where the bearwhale went.  Cheesy Cheesy

PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:33:56 AM

China has been in a really big bubble for some years,and it is starting to collapse

house prices are in a bubble too, but the point is that they are a very closed enviroment with own badge and they may avoid it or make it less bad

That is interesting.  Is their housing crisis as bad as the most recent one in the United States? 

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: