Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:47:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NYSE market, WTF!?  (Read 586 times)
jbreher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 09:11:48 PM

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/08/investing/nyse-suspends-trading/

Anyone with the inside scoop?

Meanwhile in crypto-land:

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Albert Hamilton

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:30:22 AM

https://twitter.com/100bitcoin/status/618852717948235776
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:38:57 AM

Chinese stock market controls via Hackers
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:41:57 AM

There are some things I don't like about the stock markets right now.  I have said for a long time that things are at a tipping point, waiting for a catalyst to push it over.  I think Greece should be that thing, so I sold all of my stocks.  If I am wrong I can buy in, but if I am right?  Then we are looking at another asset bubble burts!

The Chinese market looks weird, I read that the government is buying stocks there to keep the prices from falling.  That is a very very bad sign.
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:54:16 AM

Actually, Bitcoin had its own glitch with the recent fork, but I don't see where one has to do with the other.

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8103

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:01:12 AM

img "Bitcoin user not affected" removed

Actually, Bitcoin had its own glitch with the recent fork, but I don't see where one has to do with the other.

It's a new meme.  You'll have to catch up!
jbreher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:03:12 AM

Bitcoin was not affected in any way by the NYSE getting knocked offline. There may be some marginal follow-on effect where some unwashed masses consider '...well, NYSE is not problem-free...'.

And I was utterly unaffected by the recent [sic] 'Bitcoin glitch'. Which was not a Bitcoin glitch in the least. Mine pool operators stuck their necks out too far -- farther than prudent -- and mined on chains that they didn't bother to verify. This is not an issue with Bitcoin. It is an issue with imprudent mining pool operators.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
junglemouse

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:13:32 AM

I was laughing all day at work at this. Lolol
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:35:19 AM

Bitcoin was not affected in any way by the NYSE getting knocked offline. There may be some marginal follow-on effect where some unwashed masses consider '...well, NYSE is not problem-free...'.

And I was utterly unaffected by the recent [sic] 'Bitcoin glitch'. Which was not a Bitcoin glitch in the least. Mine pool operators stuck their necks out too far -- farther than prudent -- and mined on chains that they didn't bother to verify. This is not an issue with Bitcoin. It is an issue with imprudent mining pool operators.

I know what happened, and it did affect some people. So even though it wasn't Bitcoin's fault, it was a Bitcoin issue.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: