Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:34:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re:[ANN][DASH] Dash | First Anonymous: DASH deleted posts you would like to keep  (Read 1527 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:39:53 PM

If you have a Dash post that's been 'aggressively deleted' post it here.

[Just realized this might be in the wrong section. Oops. Sorry mods.]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:41:16 PM

Why have this thread? Example:

I've got 11 deleted posts today.

Those mods are sure on the ball because I can see that most of my posts are most definitely off topic.

For example, if EDuffield says "we're working on solving the scaleability problem", and I say "That sounds interesting", then my reply will get deleted since clearly, "That sounds interesting" could just as easily be a reply to my wife after telling me she picked up a few artisan beers on the way home from work that we haven't yet tried.

Other topics "in demand" by mods include:

All richly thought through exchanges on Greece..........munched.
References to Ambrose Evans Pritchard...............munched.
Commentary on litecoin long term trends...............munched.

Things are looking bullish for me I think. Better stock up while it's going  Wink

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 11:41:54 PM

I don't think it has todo with DASH.. Also lot of my posts get randomly deleted.. Especially posts like:

"Great Work !"

"I agree"

"I do not agree"

"What do you mean with that ?"

etc..

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:45:44 PM

I don't think it has todo with DASH.. Also lot of my posts get randomly deleted.. Especially posts like:

"Great Work !"

"I agree"

"I do not agree"

etc..

You were here far too fast. You must be running an ANN script.
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 11:47:43 PM

"Great Work !"

"I agree"

"I do not agree"

etc..

Yup, its built into the forum software and called "notifications" Smiley

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:51:58 PM

kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:52:25 PM

oh and you run a moderate thread to complain about delete posts  Shocked
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 11:52:33 PM

Damn, who took that photo of me ?  Grin

coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:53:51 PM

oh and you run a moderate thread to complain about delete posts  Shocked

Well, duh.

If a post gets deleted by the mods. Bring it here because this is a self moderated thread, so the mods won't delete it again.

coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:55:09 PM

"Great Work !"

"I agree"

"I do not agree"

etc..

Yup, its built into the forum software and called "notifications" Smiley

Now you tell me! All these years, I never knew.

Bastards. You're all bastards for keeping such things a big secret from me.
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 12:08:07 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 12:40:53 AM by kevin1234a

Damn, who took that photo of me ?  Grin

those posts usually get deleted my forum mods and i had to take that pic of yours when you showed me you copied my setup Smiley

RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:31:29 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 01:39:40 AM by RenegadeMan

I created a thread for all the deleted posts people think are relevant and should not have been deleted, especially if they spent a lot of time writing up their posts.

Nice one !   <-- deletion candidate

I will leave it to everyone to figure out a way to link to their deleted posts in order to maintain some context to a discussion.

Some posts that I got deleted, I thought were relevant in the context of economic events being an opportunity to have a discussion with people that are looking for solutions to real world cash shortage problems.

Necessity is the mother of all invention. And a cash crisis is a great free advert for crypto at a point in time when people will give you the time of day and not just laugh at you because everything is running smoothly in fiat land.

How many times have we heard people say things like - 'but why would I use Bitcoin when cash and credit cards work just fine?' Well quite evidently, they don't work fine. Plan B. Gotta have a Plan B against the man taking your cash and credit cards.

Thanks for creating that thread coins101.

It is simply beyond my comprehension that here we are, all involved in the development of decentralised technology & financial tools that are a revolution and history in the making, yet we're subject to North Korean style centralised command & conquer censorship.

Mod, has it not occurred to you just how COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY IRONIC AND MINDLESSLY CLICHÉD BEYOND EVEN THE MOST INANE AND BANAL LACK OF COMPREHENSION THIS RIDICULOUS CENTRALISED CENSORSHIP IS WITHIN THIS CONTEXT OF CRYPTO?

Dash is a revolutionary tool for financial freedom and the breaking of shackles of tyrannical governments and oligarchical repression everywhere.

Dash allows people to take part in an all new economy that will be free of the gross and wholesale manipulation and constantly shifting goal posts that characterises everything we're now seeing unravelling.

Dash, the people here that discuss Dash and how it's relating to what's happening in the EU, China and with other key markets around the world, is of fundamental importance to this community and consequently IT'S OF FUNDAMENTAL IMPORTANCE TO BITCOINTALK.ORG FOR BITCOINTALK.ORG TO BE SUPPORTED AS A SERIOUS PLATFORM FACILITATING OPEN UNCENSORED DISCUSSION.

I am EXTREMELY frustrated by this TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY attempt to stifle conversation and (as I've pointed out) it's simply so far outside the heart and soul of what crypto stands for, it can't be seen for anything other than what it is; puerile, non-thinking mindlessness of the highest (lowest) order.

(standing by for deletion...of course. Pathetic)

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
RenegadeMan

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:11:25 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 01:40:45 AM by RenegadeMan

standing by for deletion...of course

Any last requests ?

The cessation of mindless censorship of all these important conversations about the financial problems unravelling around the world (i.e. Greece, China, etc) as it's fundamentally important to this "[ANN][DASH] Dash | First Anonymous Coin |  Inventor of X11, DGW, Darksend and InstantX" thread and this thread's integrity/unmolested certainty.

TheStuhlman
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

https://twitter.com/JStuhlman

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 01:45:12 AM

you need posts with a lot of words in them and have a meaningful contribution to the discussion like this:

Old MACDONALD had a farm
E-I-E-I-O
And on his farm he had a cow
E-I-E-I-O
With a moo moo here
And a moo moo there
Here a moo, there a moo
Everywhere a moo moo
Old MacDonald had a farm
E-I-E-I-O

ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 01:53:26 AM

you need posts with a lot of words in them and have a meaningful contribution to the discussion like this:

Old MACDONALD had a farm
E-I-E-I-O
And on his farm he had a cow
E-I-E-I-O
With a moo moo here
And a moo moo there
Here a moo, there a moo
Everywhere a moo moo
Old MacDonald had a farm
E-I-E-I-O

I would have put 20$ on you singing about goats instead of cows...

RenegadeMan

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:28:01 AM

Any last requests ?

The cessation of mindless censorship of all these important conversations about the financial problems unravelling around the world (i.e. Greece, China, etc) as it's fundamentally important to this "[ANN][DASH] Dash | First Anonymous Coin |  Inventor of X11, DGW, Darksend and InstantX" thread and this thread's integrity/unmolested certainty.

You haven't said it in so many words, but to sum up what you have said:  all those posts being deleted discussing the world economy and situation in Greece and Cyprus are in fact on topic.

Yes. Those conversations are ABSOLUTELY ON-TOPIC and for a mod to exert his or her personal interpretation/views about how discussions on the Greek situation doesn't constitute a conversation about Dash is absurd. Our need to discuss what's happening in Greece and with the EU in general is fundamental to Dash and inherently important to our ability to interact as a community and help guide/influence this project.

RenegadeMan

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:38:28 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 02:59:29 AM by RenegadeMan

Any last requests ?

You haven't said it in so many words, but to sum up what you have said:  all those posts being deleted discussing the world economy and situation in Greece and Cyprus are in fact on topic.

Yes. Those conversations are ABSOLUTELY ON-TOPIC and for a mod to exert his or her personal interpretation/views about how discussions on the Greek situation doesn't constitute a conversation about Dash is absurd. Our need to discuss what's happening in Greece and with the EU in general is fundamental to Dash and inherently important to our ability to interact as a community and help guide/influence this project.

And just to add I think it's ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING that this mod has damaged this thread so badly and I'm furious about it.

Who the hell do you think you are mod applying such heavy handed censorship and personal interpretation? This is 2015 for goodness sake, not 1950!

By all means delete the +1 and other simplistic posts that may be construed as just filling this thread up with unnecessary padding, but when people spend time writing and articulating posts about the Greek situation and what it means/what's important about it, HOW DARE YOU delete that person's work! Leave the genuine posts alone and stop applying your personal views on peoples' expression of what's important about these world financial problems by just wiping out the effort and value that's being added as these postings are fundamentally important to anyone interested in and supportive (or not supportive) of Dash.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 03:36:25 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 09:31:50 PM by TanteStefana2

oh and you run a moderate thread to complain about delete posts  Shocked

Yes, because it's for posts deleted but well thought out and on topic from the DASH thread.  Trolls, however, can and will be deleted at will Smiley

Ugh, I sent Bitfinex some of my coins, just in case, and sent them to an old deposit address (because I hit the "change address" button and forgot about it Sad )

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:09:51 PM

Yes, because it's for posts deleted but well thought out and on topic from the DASH thread.  Trolls, however, can and will be deleted at will Smiley

Ugh, I sent Bitfinex some of my coins, just in case, and sent them to an old deposit address (because I hit the "change address" button and forgot about it Sad )
Hi Mrs Robinson,

Am wondering about the coin situation, have you got them back yet ?

Regards,

Sub-Ether

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:02:52 PM

Hi Mrs Robinson,

Am wondering about the coin situation, have you got them back yet ?

Regards,

Sub-Ether

Nope, but It's been the weekend, so I'm hoping tonight they'll help me??  I started writing them again last night but realized it was Saturday night for me / Sunday for them, and that I might as well wait until later tonight Tongue.  I hope they'll help me, it's easy to see on the blockchain.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: