Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:00:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It is Wednesday (Activity confusion followup)  (Read 916 times)
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:50:27 AM

Looks like it's Wednesday.

Whoa! Wasn't my activity supposed to increase yesterday? Looks like I wasn't wrong!

Just wanted to post this here because I knew that my suspicions were right. They'd be even more accurate if it happens tomorrow. I was going to post this on the other thread I made, but it was already locked by an admin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:15:54 AM

I don't think it is a set thing.  Mine has always seem to change at different times but always with a one or two day period.  It should update within the next 24 hours.  What is the hurry man?  You are already a hero member!  Cheesy

rapsaodan84

Activity: 218
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:16:48 AM

Whoa! Wasn't my activity supposed to increase yesterday? Looks like I wasn't wrong!

Just wanted to post this here because I knew that my suspicions were right. They'd be even more accurate if it happens tomorrow. I was going to post this on the other thread I made, but it was already locked by an admin.

Do you mean your activity increased today and not yesterday? well this is the first time you post during this period
The new period began yesterday and of course your activity increased after the first time you post during the new period.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 01:36:54 AM

That's weird, yeah... I don't recall my activity updating yesterday either (but it may just be my bad memory)
I don't think that there is an exact set time, but it would be great if a mod/admin could clear this up.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:09:01 AM

That's weird, yeah... I don't recall my activity updating yesterday either (but it may just be my bad memory)
I don't think that there is an exact set time, but it would be great if a mod/admin could clear this up.

Usually when the day comes i have always post something and wait some minutes and i get my activity updated, i dont really care anyways unless you are about to rank up. Is potential activity still a thing? I recall reading somewhere that it was changed?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 04:11:18 AM

No it wasn't changed, and that is not affected by this.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:14:02 AM

No it wasn't changed, and that is not affected by this.

What caused the delays of the activity update? I am expecting to get an update on my activity too as well, yesterday. Isn't it automatic to update the activity every Tuesday 8pm?

Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 09:13:48 AM

Thing is, it always happens. Only sometimes does it ever update on Tuesday.

I think Badbear cleared it up for me.
niki25
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 09:16:08 AM

Usually when the day comes i have always post something and wait some minutes and i get my activity updated, i dont really care anyways unless you are about to rank up. Is potential activity still a thing? I recall reading somewhere that it was changed?

Usually it doesnt take too much time to get the activity once you post.
But sometimes i have had to wait some hours until it was recalculated
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 09:20:10 AM

Usually it doesnt take too much time to get the activity once you post.
But sometimes i have had to wait some hours until it was recalculated

I agree with your post. I just wanted to point this out from my other thread that it's not exactly as it is. Time and time again, my activity changes on wednesday and thursday. There is literally no way that it could change on tuesday at the time I log in. I'm usually logged in at least 8 hours a day here.

Besides all this, I finally hit over 500 activity : )
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 09:51:20 AM

One thing i noticed is that if i dont log in my activity wont change until i do? If that is indeed true what would happen if i dont log in for months, i would lose those activity points that i had to get those 2 weeks or will i get them anyways after months?
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 09:58:59 AM

^^ You don't lose activity points if you don't log in but only if you delete old posts, the activity decreases. I don't think there has been a new change in this activity calculation as my activity has been updated on 7th when it had to.

Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 10:01:42 AM

One thing i noticed is that if i dont log in my activity wont change until i do? If that is indeed true what would happen if i dont log in for months, i would lose those activity points that i had to get those 2 weeks or will i get them anyways after months?

Potential activity. That way, you don't lose points, but you actually have to log in within a few months later and it will update your activity within a few hours.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:25:55 PM

Activity isn't recalculated for idle accounts anymore, it gets recalculated within the hour of logging in.

Does this make a difference? The only way the activity of a person could increase is if he makes a post
(i) In a new 2-week period
(ii) Or his activity is less than potential activity and he makes a new post.

Either way, activity of idle accounts shouldn't change with time, should it?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 03:16:20 PM

Activity isn't recalculated for idle accounts anymore, it gets recalculated within the hour of logging in.

Does this make a difference? The only way the activity of a person could increase is if he makes a post
(i) In a new 2-week period
(ii) Or his activity is less than potential activity and he makes a new post.

Either way, activity of idle accounts shouldn't change with time, should it?

You're taking my post out of context, and what you posted doesn't have anything to do with what I'm talking about (though you are correct). The OP is asking why his activity changed on wednesday (the day he logged in) instead of tuesday like it used to. I'm telling him that activity is not recalculated until you actually log into the account. Recalculating activity for all accounts constantly was too taxing.     
The OP's activity actually changed on Wednesday, the day he made an additional post in the new activity period. Although in this case it is the same day, it could be misleading to say that activity increased when you logged in because you need to do more then login for your activity to increase.

My understanding of the calculation changes is that it will only affect accounts who either have have posts deleted or have posted in threads that were moved to the trashcan, creating the possibility that someone has all their posts deleted in a particular activity period which would cause their activity to decrease when they login next. I don't think it will affect any activity increases.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 03:35:32 PM

No you're right, I was thinking about something else when I posted that. Activity didn't increase because he hadn't posted in the new period yet, then he did, so it did.

That's what I get for posting so early.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: