Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:07:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Publish URL in a new thread?  (Read 626 times)
icoin... (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:47:05 AM

Hi having a bit of a problem, how can i post a URL in my thread without it removing it and replacing with a suspicious link.

Example.

http://i[Suspicious link removed]ds.mybigcommerce.com/
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:52:50 AM

Hi having a bit of a problem, how can i post a URL in my thread without it removing it and replacing with a suspicious link.

Example.

I would say it is linked to something bad.   If they made it where you can not post the link chances are there is a good reason.

Might go to meta if truly is a good site that somehow can not be posted.   But I have a feeling it will remain like this.
icoin... (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:57:09 AM

Example.

I would say it is linked to something bad.   If they made it where you can not post the link chances are there is a good reason.

Might go to meta if truly is a good site that somehow can not be posted.   But I have a feeling it will remain like this.

It's nothing bad just a webstore, i think it may be due to the temporary hosting address.

(TEST) google.com
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:11:17 AM

Example.

It's nothing bad just a webstore, i think it may be due to the temporary hosting address.

(TEST) google.com

I think it has to do with the link your posting Smiley .  Test proves it works on good url.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:14:28 AM

You can't. New users are prohibited from posting links except to specific trusted sites.

Ignore notlist3d. Take note of the BIT-X advertisement in his signature. He is being paid to post replies, even on topics he knows nothing about. Advice from users with paid advertising signatures is often incorrect or misleading and should generally not be trusted.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:53:48 AM

it is because newbies are seen as a scammers by default, here on bitcointalk, because of all the previous scammer, for this reason there is a heavy restriction on url(they often post referral link and garbage like that) and on everything that concern them

cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:58:45 AM

I think you'll have to wait some weeks to increase your activity and be able to post that URL
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 12:21:41 PM

You can't. New users are prohibited from posting links except to specific trusted sites.

Means only newbies can't post external links to other untrusted websites? I have often seen newbies/junior members posting links of malicious websites/software links but that wasn't  prohibited. I used to report those threads and they used to get deleted then.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 12:27:31 PM

Means only newbies can't post external links to other untrusted websites? I have often seen newbies/junior members posting links of malicious websites/software links but that wasn't  prohibited. I used to report those threads and they used to get deleted then.

It is automated and may not work all time.

The forum tries to detect phishing links and stuff and replaces them with that notice. The code that does this seems to be quite buggy though as I've seen it occasionally block out text that wasn't a link.

waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:32:10 PM

Example.

you might want to get that link checked out first Virus scannerand that link is likely dangerous.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:47:19 PM

I have seen the same.   Especially spam with referrals, etc.   I know lower level members have been able to do it in some cases.

Maybe Foxpup can explain more to us how it can happen, without all the personal jabs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: