Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:20:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solved.  (Read 2105 times)
gerXhonza (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 06:31:33 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2015, 04:34:50 PM by gerXhonza

Not 100% it should be here so if I am wrong could you please refer me to the right section please.

I was ready to put some coin in storage but before I did I wanted to test that the private key was correct and could be sent, entered the private key into blockchain.info and it worked. I then sent a small 0.1btc test and deleted the private key from blockchain.info ready to enter private key to be 100% and then send a small amount before filling the address with a chunk of coin to store.

Now I enter the private key it is telling me "UNABLE TO GENERATE PRIVATE KEY" after i enter correct passphrase.

Could anyone tell me why I am getting this error please?

Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 06:59:47 AM

Not 100% it should be here so if I am wrong could you please refer me to the right section please.

I was ready to put some coin in storage but before I did I wanted to test that the private key was correct and could be sent, entered the private key into blockchain.info and it worked. I then sent a small 0.1btc test and deleted the private key from blockchain.info ready to enter private key to be 100% and then send a small amount before filling the address with a chunk of coin to store.

Now I enter the private key it is telling me "UNABLE TO GENERATE PRIVATE KEY" after i enter correct passphrase.

Thanks in advance.

if you want to import a private key , you dont have to "generate it" , in which walllet do you want to import this private key?
gerXhonza (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:42:40 AM

Thanks in advance.

if you want to import a private key , you dont have to "generate it" , in which walllet do you want to import this private key?

I'm not trying to "generate it" I am trying to import it to blockchain.info but when importing it is giving me the error that the title says, first time I deleted the private key and imported all worked fine. This time it is giving me that error, the 3 other addresses I created at the same time work without problem just this one address with small amount of test coin giving me problems lol
gerXhonza (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:37:31 PM

Are you sure you copied the private key correctly? You can use a verification tool to verify that the private key is valid and it is in the correct format.

Would that not mean it was an invalid private key if I never copied it right? It was a correct private key just not the one I needed access to haha. Thanks for help anyway guys, This thread will now be locked as problem was solved.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: