Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:10:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins to go the distance (past my life time)  (Read 915 times)
ðºÞæ (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 03:44:16 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 04:09:53 PM by ðºÞæ

It becomes clearer with every passing day the only coins to be major players in the future are 'old school coins' with some exceptions.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alt19

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 06:05:45 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2015, 06:37:55 PM by alt19

I'd add NMC, WDC, FTC, QRC, NVC, MOON.  Old, time-tested horses, people remember them.
Nxt looks quite good (big community, active development) but POS and not fair launch. And no liquidity and that is really very weird. Compare it with RDD ($300,000 market cap pretty old coin) on Cryptsy, it has 100 BTC in bids.
I was trying to use Primecoin (XPM) wallet, but couldn't synchronize it even in a week. Very slow and I have stopped trying. When XPM was listed on btc-e I was trading it, now just have a little stake of it, and I'm not certain about wide adoption. XPM market cap is $2.3 million though, thus it has buyers (mathematicians maybe).
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:21:01 PM

I'd add NMC, WDC, FTC, QRC, NVC, MOON.  Old, time-tested horses, people remember them.
Nxt looks quite good (big community, active development) but POS and not fair launch. And no liquidity and that is really very weird. Compare it with RDD ($300,000 market cap pretty old coin) on Cryptsy, it has 100 BTC in bids.
I was trying to use Primecoin (XPM) wallet, but couldn't synchronize it even in a week. Very slow and I have stopped trying. When XPM was listed on btc-e I was trading it, now just have a little stake of it, and I'm not certain about wide adoption. XPM market cap is $2.3 million though, thus it has buyers (mathematicians maybe).

Mooncoin? Really? This coin has had no development at all, it is just well known for some good pumps during it's lifespan.. Wouldn't call this a coin that will be around in ten years.
DiFranco

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:02:30 PM

I think pretty much all alts will die eventually. There's just no real need for them currently and without merchants getting behind them they're worthless as a currency. If one was to succeed then it'll likely be one that hasn't even been created yet.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 09:30:37 PM

I think pretty much all alts will die eventually. There's just no real need for them currently and without merchants getting behind them they're worthless as a currency. If one was to succeed then it'll likely be one that hasn't even been created yet.

The gap is closing between Bitcoin and the rest of the pack. There are stars rising and soon dozens will capture the hearts and minds of the masses.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/
tuaris

Activity: 765
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 07:30:10 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 02:39:30 PM by tuaris

It becomes clearer with every passing day the only coins to be major players in the future are 'old school coins' with some exceptions.

• Bitcoin
  • Litecoin
  • Dogecoin
  • Peercoin
  • Namecoin
  • Of the radar coin

All but one on your list are correct.  DOGE is in the 'everything else' category.

Other than that, you've got a great list of all the major players. With the exception of Zetacoin.  Unless of course you meant it as the 'Off the radar coin'  Wink.

I introduce to the world:

Official Crypto Rainbow

This is how I think of it all.

B L Z P N D

You've got the big 3:

• BTC
  • LTC
  • ZET

Plus the 2 specials:

• PPC
  • NMC

Finally (like it or not) DOGE does sort of deserve a spot.  Representing 'everything else' or every other altcoin ever created and that will be created.

manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:06:36 PM

No-one knows what will happen. It is entirely possible that everyone will have his own coin which functions like a extended CV, diary, private currency....... your live on your chain your money.
Of course it would not be a pow coin just like no government would make a pow coin thats where Bitcoin and not free produced coins are different, its a investment. Money itself is free.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 07:16:39 AM

I would like to add SDC, BLK and START (good contender right now)

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
goldmaxx

Activity: 894
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 07:24:15 AM

Two under the radar coins are ECCoin and VanillaCoin.
Read about it and you will know why...

Regards

Goldmaxx

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 01:38:24 PM

check these out
www.supernet.org/coins.php

tuaris

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 02:39:39 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 02:50:48 PM by tuaris

Peercoin has been doing well lately (as is Litecoin).  Woke up this morning to see a Peercoin worth $0.75 and a Litecoin $7.50.
Soon Zetacoin will have it's moment in the spotlight now that it trades directly with USD.  

• Bitcoin
  • Litecoin
  • Dogecoin
  • Peercoin
  • Namecoin
  • Of the radar coin

All but one on your list are correct.  DOGE is in the 'everything else' category.

Other than that, you've got a great list of all the major players. With the exception of Zetacoin.  Unless of course you meant it as the 'Off the radar coin'  Wink.

I introduce to the world:

Official Crypto Rainbow

This is how I think of it all.

B L Z P N D

You've got the big 3:

• BTC
  • LTC
  • ZET

Plus the 2 specials:

• PPC
  • NMC

Finally (like it or not) DOGE does sort of deserve a spot.  Representing 'everything else' or every other altcoin ever created and that will be created.

tuaris

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 02:52:11 PM

BTCD is good to hold, but I wouldn't put it in the same category as BTC,LTC,ZET.

Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:56:07 PM

• Bitcoin
  • Litecoin
  • Dogecoin
  • Peercoin
  • Namecoin
  • "Of the radar coin"

also notable:
  • Monero
  • Primecoin
  • BitShares??

everything else is just there to make up the numbers and last some time.

XRP: its only a matter of time before Ripple labs sold the last one. As soon as the coin becomes a liability they will stop development and support of xrp's as it is not needed in the first place (only for the company to expand and get a foothold in crypto land). The company will be bought by a bank and proceed as normal, screw the little guy and shove the cream of the top for the top. Yes Ripple labs will be a good investment for its investors, XRP's on the other hand exactly the opposite.
Centralized, yes otherwise you could go back to genesis ledger (block).
Dash: The cult leader wont work his arse of until his dying breath. Long before then he will cash out and sip cognac in the south pacific.
Stellar: literally a walking timebomb
Tether: begged to USD say no more
Nxt: Currently a daily investment of about $30 is archived, needs to pick up the game in double quick time  
Startcoin: a premind pump and dump, no more, it offers nothing over existing coins. Open source code is instantly copied if need be.

the naked truth may hurt the one or other here

All coins you named are just testnets to design Ethereum.
The naked truth may hurt.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
o0‡0o

Activity: 227
Merit: 103

Have faith.

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 06:11:10 PM

Peercoin up to  5th on marketcap with volume
Namecoin is doing good too
Monero, Primecoin not so much

Get used to it.
Pages: [1]
  Print