Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:47:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much is it cost to make a gaming website?  (Read 1077 times)
GeorgeFeb (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 09:44:17 AM

Hi there guys!

I've recently found an ad in my city & asked programmers how much it would cost to make website like this: https://cryptogames.io/ with one game, let's say Minesweeper & they told me 7000$!

Really?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 09:47:54 AM

More monies then you can shake a stick at
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 09:51:09 AM

That link doesn't work? You've made this in the wrong section.
Even though I can't see the website I could throw some numbers out. If the website is pretty simple (design) and you want only a single game on it such as Minesweeper it shouldn't be more than a few hundred dollars.
Web developers usually try to price their cheap products much higher than they should.

I'm making this assumption thinking that the website has a simple design and single game. I'm pretty sure that one could find someone to do it quite cheap.

Update:
Even though I can't see the website I could throw some numbers out. If the website is pretty simple (design) and you want only a single game on it such as Minesweeper it shouldn't be more than a few hundred dollars.
Web developers usually try to price their cheap products much higher than they should.
I disagree. Good web developers cost a lot of money. There are a few that overcharge, I agree, but 7000 euro sounds like a good deal to me.
After further discussion, you seem to be right. I was mistaken with my assumption.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
GeorgeFeb (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 09:52:14 AM

More monies then you can shake a stick at

What do you mean?

Had I have 7k I'd move from my fucking country instantly, lol! Smiley

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 09:52:42 AM

Sounds like a reasonable amount of money. The average wage for a decent/good programmer in my country is around 80 euro per hour (which is still cheap). Programming something like this takes a lot of time, so it will cost a lot of money. I can also assume that multiple people will be working on this project, so the price rockets quickly. If 3 people work on it for 8 hours (which is a reasonable estimation), it will cost you 8*80*3 = 1920 euro. Most people can't finish a whole gambling website in 8 hours, so yeah, 7000 euro sounds fair to me.

I disagree. Good web developers cost a lot of money. There are a few that overcharge, I agree, but 7000 euro sounds like a good deal to me.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
GeorgeFeb (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 09:55:12 AM

Somehow exactly today this website doesn't work, lol!

Yep it's very simple but nice!

I see mate, thank you for the numbers, I thought that it should cost pretty much like up to 500$, that's I can afford! Smiley

GeorgeFeb (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 09:58:18 AM

Sounds like a reasonable amount of money. The average wage for a decent/good programmer in my country is around 80 euro per hour (which is still cheap). Programming something like this takes a lot of time, so it will cost a lot of money. I can also assume that multiple people will be working on this project, so the price rockets quickly. If 3 people work on it for 8 hours (which is a reasonable estimation), it will cost you 8*80*3 = 1920 euro. Most people can't finish a whole gambling website in 8 hours, so yeah, 7000 euro sounds fair to me.

Hmm, not cool, then I better start learning this stuff myself, no way I'd pay such money for that simple thing, even though it only looks simple!

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 09:58:26 AM

you could get it done for half that if you shop around and get lucky with a good team.
you would need to pay by the hour probably instead of the job.  fixed priced software
development is risky because of the unknown nature of bugs and problems and they need to pad
their estimate accordingly.  You may be able to find a great programmer for $15/hr who can
get it done and tested in less than 200 hours.  ...Or leave you with a half written site that's worthless. lol.

If you try to lowball it, you may get buggy code that breaks, or the project may drag on forever before the developer finally quits in disgust.  a few hundred bucks is not realistic for well tested code unless you get extremely lucky.

you can also PM me and I might be able to help.

chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 09:59:16 AM

Hi there guys!

I've recently found an ad in my city & asked programmers how much it would cost to make website like this: https://cryptogames.io/ with one game, let's say Minesweeper & they told me 7000$!

Really?

Too many for Minesweeper only

GeorgeFeb (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 10:02:50 AM

you could get it done for half that if you shop around and get lucky with a good team.
you would need to pay by the hour probably instead of the job.  fixed priced software
development is risky because of the unknown nature of bugs and problems and they need to pad
their estimate accordingly.  You may be able to find a great programmer for $15/hr who can
get it done and tested in less than 200 hours.  ...Or leave you with a half written site that's worthless. lol.

you can also PM me and I might be able to help.

Ok I see, I'll search for some other programmers or PM you! Smiley

Site is up btw: https://cryptogames.io/

meadefreling

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 12:49:35 PM

https://cryptogames.io/ is like a gambling gaming website and it is paying out 10% of your stake, I have a programmer that can do this with less than $3000.
Give me a try.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: