Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:50:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Greece fails, can the country disappear?  (Read 1055 times)
pureelite

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:33:11 PM

If Greece fails, can the country disappear?

What if the worst happens? The country gets "acquired" by Turkey or Cyprus or something...what an awful outcome.

Greece, the Greek people have brought so many great things to the world that to lose their existence as a formal place and country would be really, really sad.

Greatest Greek Inventions and Discoveries: http://www.ancienthistorylists.com/greek-history/top-10-inventions-discoveries-ancient-greece-remarkably-used-today/

I think that Greece can not disappear as a state, even though Europe is pressure from all sides, I think it will be drawn from the crisis. If not disappeared as a state for all these years of existence, one of the oldest countries in the world, not even now!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 03:57:37 PM

No one can buy a country.
They are broke so what? They will change maybe their currency and start from beginning,
but i never heard that someone bought a country.

btw. Argentina was also broke a few years ago, and look now.

That didn't stop Germany from trying a few years ago, when Merkel offered to take over a few of the Greek islands as part of debt repayment.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 04:56:35 PM

No one can buy a country.
They are broke so what? They will change maybe their currency and start from beginning,
but i never heard that someone bought a country.

btw. Argentina was also broke a few years ago, and look now.

That didn't stop Germany from trying a few years ago, when Merkel offered to take over a few of the Greek islands as part of debt repayment.

LOL.  seems that she and I agree that they're the only asset with any potential value.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 05:13:21 PM

It'd be rad if Greece returned to the ancient city-states, with Neo-Spartans sporting mech suits in the post-capitalism post-WW3 apocalypse.

"FOR SPARTA!"

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 10:27:51 AM

Another good point from here:
http://www.i-uvsweden.com/i-oliver-blog/the-eunifying-split

Germany has been defaulting 7 time over the last hundreds of years and have gotten their debts signed off several times do you see the hipocricy? The debt is fraud cause it didn't go  to the people but still they are screaming give our money back...

Did it disappear?

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:25:03 PM

Nations that have been disappearing until now, as the Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, etc. were multinational, without a unified national identity.
This is not the case with Greece, and although they are passing a very difficult financial crisis, I do not think that can be dissolved as a nation or country.
Their national spirit, unity and pride is very strong, so if they go bankrupt as a country they will survive as a single and united state.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:35:15 PM

Country can't disappear, it will survive, btw greece has many beautiful places.
But btw is apple buying the whole country Tongue
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: