Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:02:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starcraft 2 Multiplayer - Does anybody still actually play it?  (Read 489 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 05:19:54 PM

I've gone and bought Starcraft 2 because it's nice and cheap now, Wings of Liberty at least and I've always in general liked RTS' but playing them on multiplayer is the most boring shit imaginable. Here's the thing, most strategy games are either now boring spamfests where you constantly have to keep up the unit count until one person gives in or makes a mistake ( usually that's me ) or it's down to who picks the right build orders and who rushes first which is a really annoying game to play because in the end instead of having fun blasting each other to bits you're too busy trying to worry if an enemy has spotted you first or not and if you have the right units out.

There really are only two main strategies it seems in Starcraft 2, yes I'm aware of various abilities and stuff but really anal players should realise none of that matters early game if especially if you have the right counters to them. There's the usual rush method where you just build a ton of cheap units and try to throw them at your enemy before they can build up and then there's the method of focusing on researching powerful units.

The problem with rushing is if the player is good, they'll have already scouted your base and know what your build order is so they'll just make units that counter that one ( In my case it was Thor's against my marines, because that's fair isn't it? ) second game I had the opposite had happened to me where instead of getting rushed by big weaponry I got cheap units after me because I had switched tactics, so I ended up getting swarmed by zerglings and banelings before I could get any helions up.

Thank fuck for modders because otherwise I would utterly hate this game, this is a bit of a rant I know but I'm a bit pissed at what Starcraft 2 has become because at least with Starcraft 1 you could always settle down with some nice offline gaming but you actually have to install mods in Starcraft 2 to be able to have any of that. The problem is the players on multiplayer really do take the fun out of the game because it's like facing off against hard A.I every fucking time because they've all got the build orders memorised and know exactly what to do, I really can't be bothered with any of that.

For multiplayer RTS I definitely would take Rome: Total War or Ground Control 2 any day but those games will definitely be dead now when it comes to multiplayer. Been trying to get into the RTS genre for multiplayer but it's all just shit and don't get me started on fucking MOBA's.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goodguyed

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

Twitter: @goodguyed

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 06:02:52 PM

You sound like you need a hobby besides gaming.

At least competitive gaming.

Try Candy Crush, perhaps?

Signature for sale by owner
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 07:04:29 PM

LOL Candy Crush, that just makes me angrier because it's micropayments, no I'll withdraw to my skirmish mode and solo play bubble where I'm happiest, I play BF4 a hell of a lot and that's great fun but sometimes I want a change, it's just ridiculous how some games get so utterly abused by other players that they make playing the games unbearable, the fact that games are now actually trying to force me to associate with them through that always online crap makes it worse.

I'm with Yahtzee on this one, I generally prefer offline unless there's some amazing gameplay like in BF4 where you can shoot helicopter pilots in the face and jump off rooftops. I'm just having a vent, don't get me started on fucking MOBAs even if you manage to disable everything, these guys will still try and annoy you through the ping functions the obnoxious fuckers.

By the way, I already have Bejeweled 3, but I've played it to death, need Fallout 4 and Xcom 2 to come out already Sad I think the state of some of the games industry alone is what's pushing me to make them lmao.
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 05:55:23 AM

I've started to play games 2-4 years after their initial release. I paid the $70 for the original Starcraft 2 game, Now you can get it in the bargin bin at walmart.  Angry

I think I do the same thing with TV shows and movies so that I can binge-watch on Netflix Tongue

Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 08:54:39 AM

lol yes, I only tend to pay full price on things I'm particularly excited about, usually it only takes a year before the discounts roll in on a lot of games, even the popular ones. Looking forward to XCOM 2 and Fallout 4 right now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: