Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:19:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Loan Collaterals ???  (Read 755 times)
Clint (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:42:13 PM

Hi guys, I'm asking you guys if this ever happened to you. So about 2-3 weeks ago, I lend around 0.01 forgot the exact amount to a jr member. And he says he'd get back to me the next day, but he didn't. He gave me his account as the collateral, but I still wanted my btc back, so I mes him on email, he said he apologize and he'd pay me back 0.015 btc by the end of the week. Another 2 weeks has passed, I kept emailing him, and no response from there. Why are there people like this on this forum?/ What can I do now? Just sell his account?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zz11

Activity: 299

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:48:34 PM

Hi guys, I'm asking you guys if this ever happened to you. So about 2-3 weeks ago, I lend around 0.01 forgot the exact amount to a jr member. And he says he'd get back to me the next day, but he didn't. He gave me his account as the collateral, but I still wanted my btc back, so I mes him on email, he said he apologize and he'd pay me back 0.015 btc by the end of the week. Another 2 weeks has passed, I kept emailing him, and no response from there. Why are there people like this on this forum?/ What can I do now? Just sell his account?

Yes, you can now sell the account in either Digital Goods or Auction.

Btw, collateral scam means you took the collateral and ran.

HarshitPeer

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:49:53 PM

well you should be aware that people take loans when they have no other option left of arranging money. Some may consider this a way of seling account, by making a loan request. Never lend the money you need for our work or if lend, be caeful that you have collateral enough to sell easily if in case you want your money.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 09:31:05 PM

the collateral is yours if the loan term has passed and both parties have not agreed to extend it (actually more like you refused to extend it since you have every right to). no one can blame you even if you sell it.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 06:21:12 AM

Yes, you can now sell the account in either Digital Goods or Auction.

Btw, collateral scam means you took the collateral and ran.

usually in this negotiation they use an escrow or at least an account that is signed

but i doubt that this junior member has signed his account, so there are chance that he used as a collateral a hacked account

if that accout is not in a good condition(red trust low quality post ecc...) i doubt you can retrieve 0.01 from it
Clint (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:48:00 PM

the collateral is yours if the loan term has passed and both parties have not agreed to extend it (actually more like you refused to extend it since you have every right to). no one can blame you even if you sell it.
Yeah, I messaged him many times over email, which he has replied before, and the past 2 weeks he just disappeared and haven't replied after that.

melisande

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 07:54:18 PM

Though you may go ahead and sell the account but my worry is that the value of the account might not be up to the borrowed money.
vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:53:07 AM

You can definitely sell the account. Just be aaware of what these accounts sell for, so next time you give a loan you should know the collateral is worth more than the loan account so you shouldn't have any problems being repaid by selling the collateral incase the person lending defaults on it.

ChiliPowder

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:29:55 PM

Though you may go ahead and sell the account but my worry is that the value of the account might not be up to the borrowed money.

This is true, as a lender you need to make sure that you dont give out more than the absolute lowest selling price of the account.

Some guys want to sell their accounts but no one is buying so they ask for a loan then just dip.

Collateral should be greater or equal to the loan.

Snr worth .18ish to 3

dont give more than .14 or 5 max .17.
Clegg

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:11:05 PM

Is a jnr even worth 0.01? This is why you get collateral that is worth a lot more then if they do default you can easily get your money back or maybe even more than you originally lent out if the account is decent. For instance, if you take a Hero as collateral lend out 0.2-0.3 or something. If they scam you you could probably sell the account for much more than 0.3 so you've made good profit. In fact, better for you if they do scam but getting decent collateral usually means that they will pay you it back so it's a good guarantee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: