Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:37:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I offer Lending with my current rank?  (Read 1392 times)
jacee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 12:59:49 AM

I just turned member yesterday but I have been in this forum since last year ( my old account was scammed).

I was wondering if lending others my bitcoins will work in my current rank or not?

I mostly spend my whole day here in bitcointalk and online and I'm tired of the ponzis and hyip scams where I loose all my bitcoins before. I can't join any bitcoin lending site like btcjam because they won't verify my account with the ID that I provide so I'm trying my luck in here.

Any suggestion?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:07:23 AM

I just turned member yesterday but I have been in this forum since last year ( my old account was scammed).

I was wondering if lending others my bitcoins will work in my current rank or not?

I mostly spend my whole day here in bitcointalk and online and I'm tired of the ponzis and hyip scams where I loose all my bitcoins before. I can't join any bitcoin lending site like btcjam because they won't verify my account with the ID that I provide so I'm trying my luck in here.

Any suggestion?

Yes you can lend to others at any rank. There is an entire forum that is for lending.    Most things are to stop new people from getting loans, nothing really to stop them from giving them.

I suggest you think twice before going into it though.  It's a very high risk area.  If someone defaults and you have no collateral from them chances of getting it back is slim.
jacee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:13:06 AM

Any suggestion?

Yes you can lend to others at any rank. There is an entire forum that is for lending.    Most things are to stop new people from getting loans, nothing really to stop them from giving them.

I suggest you think twice before going into it though.  It's a very high risk area.  If someone defaults and you have no collateral from them chances of getting it back is slim.

I see, thank you for responding. I know very well how these things wirks for scammers so yea thank you for your reminder, I will secure any transactions and I will not spend that much in lending.
Hexcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:39:59 AM

Any suggestion?

I see, thank you for responding. I know very well how these things wirks for scammers so yea thank you for your reminder, I will secure any transactions and I will not spend that much in lending.

if you are just starting lending, it is advisable for you that always ask for collateral even the amount is only low but its up to you if you want to give no collateral loans to a high rank member
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 03:07:44 AM

Any suggestion?

sure you can. you could do it even when you were newbie or brand new account.
you should use an Escrow for your lendings. so it does not matter if anybody needs to trust you or not because all is going through an Escrow

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:23:46 AM

Yes, lending does not require rank.   Borrowing by newbies without collateral is frowned upon.   Just be careful-!

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:39:17 AM

probably not the right section, but rank doesnt matter as youre not giving your account as collateral or anything; you might get some people trying to take advantage of what may seem to be inexperience though.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:48:00 AM

Sure you can offer loan with low rank.
Its just hard for low rank members to get loan.

Be careful, never give loan without colateral
Nowi

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 07:53:37 PM

undoubtedly you can. But there it is so risky for you, be carefull, offer less as low is rank of recipient, but I hope you understand it. Have a nice business man. Cheesy

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 08:56:04 PM

undoubtedly you can. But there it is so risky for you, be carefull, offer less as low is rank of recipient, but I hope you understand it. Have a nice business man. Cheesy

there should be no risk as long as he takes collateral and lends to the right people. be sure to make loan agreements public before sending funds though.

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 10:33:15 PM

This forum doesn't rule over Bitcoin, it's just a place to talk about it. You can lend bitcoin to anyone who's willing to borrow it from you...you don't need some rank to prove your worth, just a bitcoin balance!

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:41:31 AM

you can for sure..

just keep in mind, how risky business it is, that bitcoin transaction are non-reversible and paypal always offend their users first:) even this forum is full of scammers, is possible to buy high trusted acc with lower than 1BTC and there are also paid shills and puppet accounts.

if you don't have any experience with lending here, I recommend you to use always some escrow + study Scam Accusations board (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0) to fully understands, what may happen and how some people behaves for few dollars profit.

good luck with you lending anyway:)
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:07:16 PM

how much bitcoin should i have in order to start lending to others?

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:33:06 PM

how much bitcoin should i have in order to start lending to others?

depends how much you want to risk, for how long you are planning to lend and what will be your interest fee.

to answer your question, considering your rank, experience and type of questions, I have to strongly recommend you to lend, what you are ready to loose and no more than ~0.5BTC. Once you will get some experience/contacts, you can start lending even more.

anyway, please read also, what is called "valid collateral" here (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.msg6311902#msg6311902) are again, consider the risk and potential earning, because even experienced guys were scammed here..
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:49:09 PM

There's no reason or rule that you can't lend at your rank but just remember what others have said that it can be risky.

If you do decide to start giving loans just make sure that both parties are happy with the terms before sending any coins.
Always make your deals public, never via PM.
Get collateral, BTC accounts can work but only if you need another account or can sell or it to recoup your loss. Always get a signed message from before last BCT hack if taking account's as collateral.

And always do your own homework before giving a loan, go through the post history of the loaner and see if they have any outstanding loans already, check if they spend most of there time in gambling section if so the loan will most likely be gambled away, things like that.
Good luck.
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:50:45 PM

Why don't you use platforms like BTCjam?

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:26:02 PM

btcjam are all no collateral; theres nothing to be done in the likely case the borrower defaults, aside from pursuing the case at your own expense.

CoinTerminator

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 05:55:30 PM

btcjam are all no collateral; theres nothing to be done in the likely case the borrower defaults, aside from pursuing the case at your own expense.

Btcjam is full of scammers
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:59:57 PM

Btcjam is full of scammers
indeed, i think ive tried lending into two listings there, both borrowers just ended up running. unfortunately, theres really not much that can be done. funny though, one of the defaulters ended up getting doxxed on the site for defaulting on 3 BTC.

giustone

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:27:25 PM

Yes,you can offer lending but you can't ask for loans without a valid collateral.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: