Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:15:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Its time to jump ship w/ this BULLSHIT GOING ON!!! FUCK YOU CHINESE POOLS!  (Read 2749 times)
BillyBones

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 06:34:27 PM

FUCK YOU CHINESE POOLS, fucking go rot in hell, thanks for ruining BTC along w/ ur spammy attacks.
Beg your pardon, How do you precisely come to an conclusion that it is from Chinese pools, have you got any IP Address proof or it is an assumption, I'm curious to know it, your little explanation is appreciable.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:00:48 PM

This thread is extremely racist. Blocks with 1 transaction have been around forever, and it's certainly not the fault of the Chinese.

China has most of the world's hash power, so they mine more 1 transaction blocks. The racist idiots here don't realize China is actually securing the network and it's best not to scare them away.

But it appears to be much more common than back in the old days.. They must have some kind of thing going to fill a certain percent of their blocks with nothing..
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:06:15 PM

This thread is extremely racist. Blocks with 1 transaction have been around forever, and it's certainly not the fault of the Chinese.

China has most of the world's hash power, so they mine more 1 transaction blocks. The racist idiots here don't realize China is actually securing the network and it's best not to scare them away.

I agree with the racist remarks. If they left tho, someone out there would take their place, remember that this is a self regulated system, if you leave, difficulty goes down, and the next guy gets the profit.
charlton

Activity: 24
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:22:32 PM

Well, despite all something needs to be fixed.

I've been waiting now for 3 hours for my not-insignificant bitcoin txn with fee to be confirmed.  It hasn't yet.

Floating fees, larger block sizes, and other tweaks would be good but my understanding is bitcoin code is in gridlock right now.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:36:19 PM

Well, despite all something needs to be fixed.

I've been waiting now for 3 hours for my not-insignificant bitcoin txn with fee to be confirmed.  It hasn't yet.

Floating fees, larger block sizes, and other tweaks would be good but my understanding is bitcoin code is in gridlock right now.

You're not alone. There are transactions with the minimum fees on it that aren't confirmed yet by the network. Some of them as old as 42 hours now. Larger block sizes aren't needed right now imo. People are suggesting that because we are experiencing some "testing" in the network when in fact, a normal day on the network isn't requiring that much space for transactions.

charlton

Activity: 24
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:39:05 PM

You're not alone. There are transactions with the minimum fees on it that aren't confirmed yet by the network. Some of them as old as 42 hours now. Larger block sizes aren't needed right now imo. People are suggesting that because we are experiencing some "testing" in the network when in fact, a normal day on the network isn't requiring that much space for transactions.

Not yet but it will one day.

Also, I run a full bitcoin node, taking nearly 50GB of drive space.  You'd think that would count for something.  Transaction is still sitting there...
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:45:02 PM

Hey

If you want to stop chinese to get all the hashrate then mine on kano.is, bitminter or slush.  Wink

Mine on others pools is the minimum you can do!  Grin

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 09:14:23 PM

There are 26k transactions in queue ... over 70MB mempool and the 3 largest pools are ignoring them entirely.
I hope all these get orphaned.
FUCK YOU CHINESE POOLS, fucking go rot in hell, thanks for ruining BTC along w/ ur spammy attacks.

Those blocks were mined within seconds of each other. It is common that close consecutive blocks are tiny blocks with little or no transactions. The network functions like that for many years, it is not because of malicious pool, Chinese or not. I have seen Slush and BTCGuild done that before a lot time ago when they were the stronger pools.

Solex has a good explaination on the first page:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1116582.msg11838710#msg11838710

You folks all realize that Coblee fixed this issue in Litecoin years ago, and advised Bitcoin devs that this was a problem. They didn't listen.
Hate to say this, but Litecoin is now the standby alternative if btc doesn't get it's act together.

People has been repeating a million times now why the devs haven't included yet the LTC fix, even cobble made a reddit post about it, yet I haven't seen any dev addressing this in here. Did gmaxwell say anything about this?
This should be a quick fix that doesn't need any fork or anything fancy, just a software update.

The proposed "fix" raises fees for small outputs. The current spam transactions have large non-dust outputs. The "fix" wouldn't work for this attack.
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:50:56 PM

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!?
There are 26k transactions in queue ... over 70MB mempool and the 3 largest pools are ignoring them entirely.

As long as these pools have an advantage by not implementing any transaction, they will proceed to do so. It's better for them because this block is small and will be propagated between the nodes pretty fast. A 1MB block will be very slow so these pools have the chance to orphan other blocks even when they found a block a bit later then another miner found a 1MB block.

That won't stop and this will only get worse with bigger blocks. I don't know what to do against.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:06:49 PM

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!?

Those 3 blocks were hashed almost at the same time. They are not empty deliberately.
Basically, when a mining pool sees that a new block has been mined (by receiving the header) it gives all its client miners an empty block template - as a temporary measure - while the pool receives and validates the new block, and constructs a tx filled block template for its miners. This takes time. It takes more time when the mempool is full of spam and it has to filter through junk to get decent fee-paying tx. Sometimes a block is mined before the process of building a decent-sized block is complete. The Chinese pools all want to mine big blocks, including ones >1MB (but can't until something like BIP 100 or 101 goes live).

+1

A very intelligent explanation, totally ignored by basically every subsequent response Sad

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: