Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:03:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to send coins using multiuro, getting java error  (Read 761 times)
nl5n (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:47:09 AM

I have some urocoin lying around in a wallet, using the multiuro client I am unable to send them anywhere.

I get this error:

"The send of your uro failed. The error was "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException Cannot convert using a negative conversion multiplier"."

Its very frustrating and I really hope someone have a solution.  Huh

What can be done to get the coins out of the wallet?

I feel like I'm missing out on the latest crypto-price action and would really like to make use of the BTC left in these coins.  Wink

Thanks in adcvance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 03:32:45 PM

i think we looked at it a while ago when we tried to have you export and import the private key. but SPV (multiuro wallet) wallets use different type of private keys than the wallet.  you could try running multiuro on another device and importing the private key there..  otherwise maybe try downgrading java temporarily to a version you used when you first tried multiuro (likely a long time ago)

-jasemoney -thesherpa

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
nl5n (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 11:57:21 AM

Thanks for responding jasemoney.

Yes we did look at it a while back and didnt had any luck back then, I think maybe I did something wrong.

Today I have tried downgrading java , that didnt make any difference.  Have also tried importing the private key to multiuro on another device, didnt work, same error.

Are there anymore options now?

jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:34:14 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2015, 09:21:02 PM by jasemoney

Thanks for responding jasemoney.

Yes we did look at it a while back and didnt had any luck back then, I think maybe I did something wrong.

Today I have tried downgrading java , that didnt make any difference.  Have also tried importing the private key to multiuro on another device, didnt work, same error.

Are there anymore options now?

I am syncing a multiuro on my machine. never did test send/recieve so ill test and report back

*edit. tried myself, same error, it doesnt work.   might be due to not being able to fill in a dollar amount when entering a coin amount. anyways I messaged the developer of multiuro so hopefully he can respond here with a workaround.

jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:51:32 PM

I was able to work around it

A FIX

click on the top right corner where it says "exchange | currency | last" and shows a cryptsy usd price of negative $200 whatever.
uncheck any boxes related to showing currency.
box for: show currency
box for: show uro converted to fiat currency <-- this is the main one if i had to guess
box for: exchange
box for: currency
box for: last

now from your send tab will only be a URO amount to enter.

it will pay .0001 URO as a fee to miners so deduct that from your balance to send everything. (or it will tell you your trying to send more than you have)

nl5n (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:21:06 AM

Wow it really was that simple thank you very much man :-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: