Bitcoin Forum
August 05, 2024, 03:18:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gay Man Files $70M Suit Against Bible Publishers Over ‘Homosexual’ Verses  (Read 1275 times)
godlyitems (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:50:18 AM

A homosexual man has filed a $70 million lawsuit against Bible publishers Zondervan and Thomas Nelson, alleging that their version of the Bible that refers to homosexuality as a sin violates his constitutional rights and has caused him emotional distress.

Bradley LaShawn Fowler, an ex-con turned author, filed the federal suit in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan on Monday, the same day a judge refused to appoint him a lawyer for his suit against Thomas Nelson, The Grand Rapids Press reported.

“The Court has some very genuine concerns about the nature and efficacy of these claims,” the judge wrote.

Fowler, who is representing himself in both cases, claims that Zondervan manipulated Scripture by using the term “homosexuals” in 1 Corinthians 6:9 of their 1982 and 1987 revised edition Bibles. He also contends that the reference to homosexuality were deleted by the publisher in later versions without informing the public.

He alleges that since the older Kings James Version containing the term “homosexuals” is used by his family pastor, he has been outcast by his family.

The 39-year-old is suing the Grand Rapids publisher for compensation of 20 years of “emotional duress and mental instability,” he told WOOD-TV in Grand Rapids.

In a hand-written suit, Fowler lists all sorts of charges against Zondervan including malicious negligence, strict liability, malice, libel, and violating his civil rights. He filed a suit in June against Tennessee-based publisher Thomas Nelson on similar grounds. He’s seeking $60 million from Zondervan and $10 million from Thomas Nelson Publishing.

Read

I guess anyone can sue for anything these days, but this guy is taking advantage of the wave of public sympathy gays have been receiving lately. This lawsuit is frivolous and the judge should order the plaintiff to pay all defendant's court costs and legal fees. What I'd really like to know is why the guy is representing himself; is it because no lawyer would take the case?
Phuminh

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:55:06 AM

Lol..... caused him emotional distress. Is he going to go after muslims next ?
rio3232

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:55:56 AM

The attack will come from all side by the gayhadists against religion. This was predicted. I'd like to see him try that with ISIS.
shevon

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:57:23 AM

It's a frivolous lawsuit and will get thrown out.

By that same logic a Christian can sue Richard Dawkins for publishing "The God Delusion" just because it offends him
rio3232

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:00:11 AM

The guy is an alleged ex-con and now a paralegal. He is suing because a translation of a bible included the term homosexual in one verse in a version in 1976 that was removed in 2001 and 2006.
bleddy

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:01:01 AM

I'm a bleeding heart liberal who loves his gay friends and even I think this guy is full of crap and the suit should be thrown out.
albalinux

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:02:26 AM

This guy sounds like an idiot to me. The case will get nowhere, but I wonder what he hopes to gain?
qikager

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:03:29 AM

but I wonder what he hopes to gain?

70 million dollars.. worth a shot right?
PenguinFire

Activity: 154

That Darn Cat

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:08:45 AM

Stupid lawsuits are filled everyday.  They are usually dismissed even before being reviewed in a court of law.  Is this thread to suggest gay people are the only group to have delusional extremists?  Basically, I am asking, what is the purpose of this thread?  Or is it just to hit-light an article that you found interested and wanted to discuss?  Roll Eyes

albalinux

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:10:34 AM

70 million dollars.. worth a shot right?

He'd probably be better off putting his legal costs into lottery tickets.
qikager

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:11:37 AM

He'd probably be better off putting his legal costs into lottery tickets.

Good point, i will wager he is a lawyer, friend is lawyer, or something is going on so that its not coming out of his pocket.
morin

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:13:47 AM

I guess anyone can sue for anything these days, but this guy is taking advantage of the wave of public sympathy gays have been receiving lately. This lawsuit is frivolous and the judge should order the plaintiff to pay all defendant's court costs and legal fees. What I'd really like to know is why the guy is representing himself; is it because no lawyer would take the case?

You can't sue freedom of expression. Religion enjoys that and the additional freedom of freely following its doctrines.

This homosexual dude can simply avoid reading the bible in order to be happy licking the anus of his sexual partners.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 200 Cryptos  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● TUTORIAL: How to earn 1 btc a week  >>
rodzimajid

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:32:57 AM

A homosexual man has filed a $70 million lawsuit against Bible publishers Zondervan and Thomas Nelson, alleging that their version of the Bible that refers to homosexuality as a sin violates his constitutional rights and has caused him emotional distress.

Bradley LaShawn Fowler, an ex-con turned author, filed the federal suit in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan on Monday, the same day a judge refused to appoint him a lawyer for his suit against Thomas Nelson, The Grand Rapids Press reported.

“The Court has some very genuine concerns about the nature and efficacy of these claims,” the judge wrote.

Fowler, who is representing himself in both cases, claims that Zondervan manipulated Scripture by using the term “homosexuals” in 1 Corinthians 6:9 of their 1982 and 1987 revised edition Bibles. He also contends that the reference to homosexuality were deleted by the publisher in later versions without informing the public.

He alleges that since the older Kings James Version containing the term “homosexuals” is used by his family pastor, he has been outcast by his family.

The 39-year-old is suing the Grand Rapids publisher for compensation of 20 years of “emotional duress and mental instability,” he told WOOD-TV in Grand Rapids.

In a hand-written suit, Fowler lists all sorts of charges against Zondervan including malicious negligence, strict liability, malice, libel, and violating his civil rights. He filed a suit in June against Tennessee-based publisher Thomas Nelson on similar grounds. He’s seeking $60 million from Zondervan and $10 million from Thomas Nelson Publishing.

Read

Guys a complete idiot and his suit will rightly be denied as the frivolous misuse of the court it is.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:34:11 AM

I think we know who has first rights here and that is religon... yes the most published book in the world is facing a lawsuit.
Truly the work of an ex-con, the definition of a frivolous lawsuit if there ever was one.
May Sodom and Gomorrah plague him.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Namviet

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:34:58 AM

Good he will win. Its about time we kick god out of the country.
Ermon

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:35:58 AM

You're gonna kick God out of a country that was founded on God? Let's kick you out,how about that? Go to some Godless country.See how long you last.
Oh,You live in NJ, toxic waste dump.Enjoy!
PS:How do you rationalize enjoying the liberties of living in a country that was founded upon the principles of God and then talk about kicking God out of the country?
Move your ass to Africa,ASAP.Go play with Boko Haram.
Namviet

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:54:55 AM

You're gonna kick God out of a country that was founded on God? Let's kick you out,how about that? Go to some Godless country.See how long you last.Oh,You live in NJ, toxic waste dump.Enjoy!

Keep crying, while you your god is being forcefully removed piece by piece. Get used to it.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 09:01:19 AM

You're gonna kick God out of a country that was founded on God? Let's kick you out,how about that? Go to some Godless country.See how long you last.Oh,You live in NJ, toxic waste dump.Enjoy!

Keep crying, while you your god is being forcefully removed piece by piece. Get used to it.

Yes, all the other religions can stay, but Christians will be persecuted....

It's what the bible says anyway. It's not a big shock.

Mark 13:12 "Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death. 13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved."
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:05:36 PM

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:21:02 PM

Emotional distress is the same word used by those two Lesbos, who pocketed some $135,000 from the Oregon bakers. But he will ignore the emotional distress caused to him by the verses in Qur'an.

Qur'an (7:80-84) - "...For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.... And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone)"

If he is going to sue the Qur'an publishers, then this might be his fate:

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: