Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:32:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin hit $280  (Read 3681 times)
Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 12:04:46 PM

Here's an interesting inverse, Litecoin: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/litecoin

The opposite way to the BTC spike. Don't know if it's really that, but Litecoin made a large rally over the last few days.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 12:24:01 PM

Here's an interesting inverse, Litecoin: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/litecoin

The opposite way to the BTC spike. Don't know if it's really that, but Litecoin made a large rally over the last few days.

Perfect timing, someone is selling huge amount of litecoin today, price dropped 50% in a couple of hours, again proved that litecoin is a pump and dump instrument

It is similar on bitcoin, obviously a planned pump by Chinese exchanges, all of them showing a large spike of short squeeze, I guess all the people who were shorting bitcoin were wiped out

amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 12:33:53 PM

that is good sign by solid increase and steady growth so that is taking the price higher to higher after a long time, that is really great sign about great future of bitcoin in very near future so that with some positive it will continue to the right direction over 1k by the end of this year, that will be amazing gift of Christmas for bitcoin community.
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 12:38:59 PM

the more bad news in world finance the more attractive btc looks to the masses.  one day everyone will understand.  for now its for those areas of the world with overly strict controls where your money isn't really yours.
Real14Hero

Activity: 952
Merit: 576

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 12:44:59 PM

So happy to hear this, but that's would be better if the price resist in $280~ so I could win btc for my bounty prediction lol  Tongue
bitsum (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 12:49:20 PM

Chinese are finding bitcoin to invest from their $1.3T market take off last week.I see another spike soon.

bank of bits

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:00:30 PM

I noticed LTC is being dumped for BTC and I think that explains the huge rise
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:25:00 PM

Look at it this way though..

LTC is still WAY.... INSANELY above what it was a month ago...

I agree 10000000000% someone sold off litecoin for BTC, but IMO this is the ULTIMATE bear trap... I think this LTC bear trap will be talked about for some time.  IMO that same "someone" will buy back that LTC as well...

Mood = full bullish
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:31:10 PM

BITCOIN HIT 290$, the only way we going is up babay. Haha, I think its a spike, and the price will come down after a while if constant trade does not continue and major events don't take place, I would also conclude that regardless of whatever happens, hold it in and wait a little longer before you let go for some quick buck. Good luck to all of the bitcoin community!
scox

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:34:45 PM

Chinese are finding bitcoin to invest from their $1.3T market take off last week.I see another spike soon.
Everyone BUY!
Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 02:45:48 PM

Perfect timing, someone is selling huge amount of litecoin today, price dropped 50% in a couple of hours, again proved that litecoin is a pump and dump instrument

It is similar on bitcoin, obviously a planned pump by Chinese exchanges, all of them showing a large spike of short squeeze, I guess all the people who were shorting bitcoin were wiped out

It's pretty much what I did with a small short Litecoin position, put the BTC into LTC, made a profit, and then back into BTC. There were some large numbers going down though. People that had probably held LTC for some time getting shot of it all the way up. Thousands of LTC here and there all the way along from what I saw.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 02:51:51 PM

It's going to hit $600 this month. That is word on the bitcoin block.

TY Grexit.  I doubt it can hit there so quickly, but we should hope for over $300 closing at the end of this week.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 05:45:26 PM

Wedbush report says that we should expect $400 in the next 12 months.
However, I could see this happen even this summer. Although I think that people need to calm and not hype this too much. The problem is that  there will be a bigger loss of confidence/panic if we do not achieve the desired price range/go down. For now I would like the price to stabilize a bit above $300. If the price increases too quickly, that's not a good thing either.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 06:11:13 PM

Wedbush report says that we should expect $400 in the next 12 months.
However, I could see this happen even this summer. Although I think that people need to calm and not hype this too much. The problem is that  there will be a bigger loss of confidence/panic if we do not achieve the desired price range/go down. For now I would like the price to stabilize a bit above $300. If the price increases too quickly, that's not a good thing either.

We will see over $400 in the next 12 months.  There's a good probability we'll see WAY over $400, especially with the next halving 54 weeks away.  Anyone who says that it's already priced in is wrong - see: Litecoin's activity with 45 days left.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:12:28 PM

not really, bitcoin was pumped to 250 before the litecoin pump ended, and then again to 266 before the dump of litecoin, that appeared today, they are not 100% correlated

i think someone with a big amount of money(probably who's bought litecoin when it was at 0.002) dumped everything today to switch to bitcoin, and has raised the price to almost 300
scox

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:15:06 PM

not really, bitcoin was pumped to 250 before the litecoin pump ended, and then again to 266 before the dump of litecoin, that appeared today, they are not 100% correlated

i think someone with a big amount of money(probably who's bought litecoin when it was at 0.002) dumped everything today to switch to bitcoin, and has raised the price to almost 300

That must've been a fucking huge amount. The price is still soaring. 293 right now. Really amazing.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 06:44:30 AM

We will see over $400 in the next 12 months.  There's a good probability we'll see WAY over $400, especially with the next halving 54 weeks away.  Anyone who says that it's already priced in is wrong - see: Litecoin's activity with 45 days left.
I would agree. We have already reached $290+ this morning. There are positive signs that Bitcoin is adjusting itself to the right value, even without any major news related.
The halving is scheduled for  2016-07-28 ,and I'm pretty sure that we are going to see strong movements once that happens.

That must've been a fucking huge amount. The price is still soaring. 293 right now. Really amazing.
The Litecoin market is not big enough to move Bitcoin this much.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:04:51 PM

I think it was greece. Because when it showed up that they will get fresh money the price dropped. It dropped again when it was clear they will get some.

I don't think china is involved. Even though they have problems, there is no reason to go into bitcoin. But greece is different. They don't have a currency and want to safe their money. China has a stable currency, no need to go to bitcoin.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:07:29 PM

I think it was greece. Because when it showed up that they will get fresh money the price dropped. It dropped again when it was clear they will get some.

I don't think china is involved. Even though they have problems, there is no reason to go into bitcoin. But greece is different. They don't have a currency and want to safe their money. China has a stable currency, no need to go to bitcoin.

i think it was more usual bitcoin traders that got dissapointed after the greece announcement. they quickly sold their stash they bought for at that day a premium.
omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:35:27 PM

i think it was more usual bitcoin traders that got dissapointed after the greece announcement. they quickly sold their stash they bought for at that day a premium.
[/quote

Exactly what i think too. The rise in bitcoin price did not come from greeks finally buying bitcoins, they did not have the money to do so anyway, but they came from bitcoin traders awaiting a repeat of the price rising that happened with the cyprus situation.

They were right. Selffulfilling prophecy.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: