Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:22:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin hit $280  (Read 3678 times)
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:00:46 PM

I think it was greece. Because when it showed up that they will get fresh money the price dropped. It dropped again when it was clear they will get some.

I don't think china is involved. Even though they have problems, there is no reason to go into bitcoin. But greece is different. They don't have a currency and want to safe their money. China has a stable currency, no need to go to bitcoin.

i think it was more usual bitcoin traders that got dissapointed after the greece announcement. they quickly sold their stash they bought for at that day a premium.
[/quote

Exactly what i think too. The rise in bitcoin price did not come from greeks finally buying bitcoins, they did not have the money to do so anyway, but they came from bitcoin traders awaiting a repeat of the price rising that happened with the cyprus situation.

They were right. Selffulfilling prophecy.

Well, hype or not being triggered by greece, we are 10 days later and the price hasn't crashed back, we are still holding steady on the 280 area, which is great news. Let's hope for a long period of time on this 280-300 range. I seriously don't understand the people that cannot wait for the ride to start. What's the point? Unless you already got tons of BTC sticking, I don't understand how this low stable price isn't great news for you.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:02:00 PM

When are we going to hit $300
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:38:21 PM

We are going to be hitting 300 before the summer ends, I think its a pretty safe thing to predict. We've hit 300 already in 2 occasions, there's no 2 without 3, and the third time it may be too late to keep waiting for lower prices.
omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:08:44 PM

I think it was greece. Because when it showed up that they will get fresh money the price dropped. It dropped again when it was clear they will get some.

I don't think china is involved. Even though they have problems, there is no reason to go into bitcoin. But greece is different. They don't have a currency and want to safe their money. China has a stable currency, no need to go to bitcoin.

i think it was more usual bitcoin traders that got dissapointed after the greece announcement. they quickly sold their stash they bought for at that day a premium.
[/quote

Exactly what i think too. The rise in bitcoin price did not come from greeks finally buying bitcoins, they did not have the money to do so anyway, but they came from bitcoin traders awaiting a repeat of the price rising that happened with the cyprus situation.

They were right. Selffulfilling prophecy.

Well, hype or not being triggered by greece, we are 10 days later and the price hasn't crashed back, we are still holding steady on the 280 area, which is great news. Let's hope for a long period of time on this 280-300 range. I seriously don't understand the people that cannot wait for the ride to start. What's the point? Unless you already got tons of BTC sticking, I don't understand how this low stable price isn't great news for you.

Your'e right. I had awaited that it crashed earlier but i still think the chance is high. The market does not know if it should go up. But no one thinks all is lost too. Unfortunately in these situation, when the volatility gets lower and lower, it will crash at one point. Especially when the flat price line will break the up trendline that way.

Of course it's no sure thing but i think the chance is still high.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 02:22:07 PM

We are going to be hitting 300 before the summer ends, I think its a pretty safe thing to predict. We've hit 300 already in 2 occasions, there's no 2 without 3, and the third time it may be too late to keep waiting for lower prices.
There is no need to rush things. I've been often telling people this. Currently we are sitting above $270 which is great and it looks like that could be the current bottom.
We are also very close to $280. There have been predictions that Bitcoin will be worth $400 in the next year, so it is a way up from here.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Prasmatic

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:59:13 PM

Since this thread has been opened(created) it has been passed 13 days.
Around 2 weeks and the bitcoin has changed it price time by time.
But at the end of these 2 weeks it is still the same ~280$
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:58:12 AM

Within the range $240-$300.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:53:30 AM

Within the range $240-$300.

from my point of view the range is more like $250-$299 definitely not below $250 as that would make us lose precious ground.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:30:41 PM

was the greece stuff, but since it is solved now(more or less), the prices are as they are now
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: