Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:27:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RPC Bitcoin Core activate ... and it crash !  (Read 576 times)
Meuh6879 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 12:23:29 PM

Hello,

Since 0.9.1 ... developers have changed the way that RPC commands are executed in Bitcoin Core.
Since 0.9.1 ... when i use server=1 ... Bitcoin Core crash randomly when P2Pool node try to use it.
When i user server=0 (P2Pool always activated but it can't connect) ... Bitcoin Core don't crash.

Since the BIP66 is enforced, i can't have a reliable Bitcoin Core RPC activated + P2Pool stable ... because, when Bitcoin Core crash (shutdown without any message error box, no line in DEBUG.LOG too ...) and P2Pool stay active ... Bitcoin Core refuse to restart (except when i shutdown the P2Pool).

Problem is, as it, located of the entrance of the RPC feature of the Bitcoin Core.
I have test a long time, the :
- 0.10 RC
- 0.10 Final
- 0.11 RC2 and RC3 (because BIP66 urge merged is request)

1= Can developers try to "block RPC at start-up" of Bitcoin Core ?

2= Or, since 0.9.1 ... developpers have implemented an DDOS feature that it shutdown Bitcoin Core when RPC entrance is flooded by request (P2Pool request every 0,5s when Bitcoin Core have crashed).

Thanks.  Smiley
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 07:52:53 AM

Every other P2Pool user, including myself, is using it fine-- so the issue is likely specific to your configation.

What OS? Where did you get your bitcoin Core?   How do you know it has crashed? Why do you believe it is RPC related?

Can you share your config file (without passwords, of course)?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: