Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:15:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Parabolic rise has begun  (Read 2918 times)
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 12:48:04 PM

~320$ bitcoins next week.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:11:12 PM

Rise yes. Parabolic rise not so sure (using a parabolic indicator does not mean that price appreciation will be parabolic... Wink). In my opinion we will stabilize first in a $300-400 range for another half year.

I expect the next bubble will happen shortly before or after the next reward halving.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 01:24:38 PM

Rise yes. Parabolic rise not so sure (using a parabolic indicator does not mean that price appreciation will be parabolic... Wink). In my opinion we will stabilize first in a $300-400 range for another half year.

I expect the next bubble will happen shortly before or after the next reward halving.

A parabolic rise has to start somewhere, right? This is the first week on the logarithmic chart where we see a higher green candle than on all the previous weeks paired with the highest volume bar ever during this rally. This marks the start of a parabolic rise.

waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:37:30 PM

Same here with the prediction.. $320 is too much for a rise some people might sell their chunks of bitcoin now or next week
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 01:43:43 PM

Same here with the prediction.. $320 is too much for a rise some people might sell their chunks of bitcoin now or next week

Maybe 320 is too high, it could also be ~310$. It's exponential extrapolation either way and doesn't conflict with the parabolic rise theory.

SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 03:22:45 PM

A parabolic rise has to start somewhere, right? This is the first week on the logarithmic chart where we see a higher green candle than on all the previous weeks paired with the highest volume bar ever during this rally. This marks the start of a parabolic rise.

I believe you to be right. Many people on here claim it's rising too fast or unhealthy but they don't see how severely undervalued Bitcoin has been. After witnessing what happened in oct-nov 2013 i've come to terms with the fact that bitcoin is a monster who wil defy all expectations. Hang tight because the party is just getting started.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 03:34:54 PM

Something doesn't seem right to me. On one side the network is undergoing stress test with transaction confirmation getting delayed. At the same time we are seeing the price going up. My initial thought was maybe there is some kind of manipulation taking place but I  hope I'm wrong on that.

SmoothCurves

Activity: 379

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 03:36:23 PM

Something doesn't seem right to me. On one side the network is undergoing stress test with transaction confirmation getting delayed. At the same time we are seeing the price going up. My initial thought was maybe there is some kind of manipulation taking place but I  hope I'm wrong on that.

get ready for $1000+ prices
Greendragon

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 03:40:26 PM

Rises 20 dollars , calls it manipulation.
Do you remember the 1200->210 manipulation?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:21:41 PM

Rises 20 dollars , calls it manipulation.

yeah but i also remember the 90--->1200 manipulation

it may look only a small increase but it needs nothing and can skyrocket to 1200 again, like it did in the first time, that's why bitcoin is unstable, not because of the occasional volatility, but because of those crazy random pump and dump
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:50:48 PM

expecting "parabolic rises" is not good overall for btc.  it makes it look like a ponzi scheme.

I think this section should be called the "wild random unrealistic nonsense" section, because a lot of these posts are well beyond the realm of just speculation.
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:34:24 PM

I think it depends on greece and its creditors. I have no clue how this will end.

btw: Is there a way to get a price history in 5min intervals or lower? I know bitcoinscharts, but there I have to copy it manually and do this for every 2 days (1 minute charts).

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 4569

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:36:47 PM

yeah but i also remember the 90--->1200 manipulation

How about the $1 -> $30 -> $2 -> $266 manipulation?
jaredboice

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 06:34:31 PM

expecting "parabolic rises" is not good overall for btc.  it makes it look like a ponzi scheme.

No, it makes it look like a revolutionary technology that is exhibiting exponential growth trends.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 06:56:10 PM

No, it makes it look like a revolutionary technology that is exhibiting exponential growth trends.

New local ATH 295$ !!! This truly has become parabolic, it is now fully confirmed. And this is good for bitcoin because it makes all the nonbelievers realize how stupid they have been. Oh smite the heretic priests, allmighty Bitcoin god.

BTCtrader71

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:06:43 PM

I think it depends on greece and its creditors. I have no clue how this will end.

btw: Is there a way to get a price history in 5min intervals or lower? I know bitcoinscharts, but there I have to copy it manually and do this for every 2 days (1 minute charts).

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/?symbol=OKCOIN%3ALTCUSD#

Choose your time interval at the upper left

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
matrix zion

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:19:47 PM

~320$ bitcoins next week.
yeaahhh it's shaping up to be an exciting weekend!
melody82

Activity: 378
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:27:16 PM

I believe you to be right. Many people on here claim it's rising too fast or unhealthy but they don't see how severely undervalued Bitcoin has been. After witnessing what happened in oct-nov 2013 i've come to terms with the fact that bitcoin is a monster who wil defy all expectations. Hang tight because the party is just getting started.

I agree that it is undervalued, and it will rise.  Predicing the rise is the tricky part Smiley .  Best to just hang on to our coins for the long haul!
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 12:39:07 PM

Maybe 320 is too high, it could also be ~310$. It's exponential extrapolation either way and doesn't conflict with the parabolic rise theory.

310$ broken, 320 not too high any more, is it?

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:59:26 PM

310$ broken, 320 not too high any more, is it?
375 and retrace 335
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: