Bitcoin Forum
October 12, 2024, 03:45:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-07-10] Verisart to Use the Blockchain to Verify Artwork; Signs Bitcoin ...  (Read 485 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:04:22 PM

Verisart to Use the Blockchain to Verify Artwork; Signs Bitcoin Core Dev Peter Todd

A new L.A based startup Verisart has announced its future plans to launch a decentralized platform that will help artists and collectors to document, verify and certify artwork.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114799/verisart-to-use-the-blockchain-to-verify-artwork-signs-bitcoin-core-dev-peter-todd
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 08:02:48 AM

This is great, I've been watching ascribe.io with great interest, but it really only is useful for digital art. This verisart will be for anything, like a certificate of authenticity, but better (you can fake a certificate)

I collect art and antiques a bit and with eBay the market is huge, but I constantly worry about fakes. It keeps me from making new acquisitions quite often. Verisart is a welcome innovation.

I have a lot of artist friends, I will share this article. Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: