Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 12:55:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Now that bitcoin is failing, which alt coin will step up to the plate?  (Read 1264 times)
OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 09:54:33 AM

this post being made as btc reaches 290$

A broken coin with pumped speculative value...I see your point.

I think one of the main reasons it's pumping so hard is because of how resilient the network has been to the attack. I haven't had a single problem getting confirmations since it started.

Listen, nothing is replacing bitcoin anytime soon. I see a small future for Citicoin and Sachscoin, but we can clearly see that unless BTC severely fucks up it will win.

In the mean time, people will be trying to make money off of altcoins like they always have. Cheerleading for a particular coin is absolutely insane, but it's just like what happens between xbox/ps fanbois and isn't going to stop any time soon.

My transactions went well as I paid the right amount of fees. I did not pay fee for one transaction as it was exempted by certain rules. That transaction got confirmed straight away.
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:51:34 AM

Im sure by now you have all heard of or experienced the slow confirmation issues with bitcoin transactions. There is an inherent problem with btc tx fees and spamming the bitcoin network. And it's getting worse.

Is it time for a real alternative coin to takeover as the number one crypto?

It would seem that Litecoin would be the obvious choice....but is it?

What about Peercoin? And Monero? Ripple? Doge?

State your case for coin that will replace the bitcoin.

I think UNO has a fair shot. It is second strongest sha network on the planet (after bitcoin). It had fair launch and no premine or other shit. Clean coin with low inflation and secure network. Can also handle much higher tx per second (at least 3 times as much, likely more). I think it is still under the radar due to relatively low marketcap. Probably one of the best buys today.
newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 03:36:13 PM

Your premise is false. Bitcoin is resilient and will thrive not fail.

Most alts will fail because they serve no purpose and will never reach critical mass

Those that survive will serve a niche that bitcoin does not
thew3apon

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 03:36:59 PM

altcoins serve as an alternative and are much more speculative than Bitcoin
kekek

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:57:06 AM

It's funny to see all these "Which coin will takeover now that Bitcoin is failing" posts reminds me of all those people who kept saying "Bitcoin will takeover fiat in X years."

The result is the same, bitcoin isn't going to takeover fiat and chances are that the majority if not all altcoins will die before bitcoin does.

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1368

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:05:54 AM

Maybe Litecoin would be the next Bitcoin...

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 01:10:32 PM

Well, Bitcoin isn't "failing" but it certainly is falling. The speculators' bets on a Grexit have been thwarted by the new bailout deal.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: