Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:31:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Collateral  (Read 518 times)
BTCLender (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:40:21 PM

I am trying to loan from someone that I know outside of bitcointalk.org. What is the best currency I can use as a collateral?
rapsaodan84

Activity: 218
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:44:09 PM

I am trying to loan from someone that I know outside of bitcointalk.org. What is the best currency I can use as a collateral?

Bitcoin?

it really depends on what currency you have, what are your options?
BTCLender (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:48:02 PM

Bitcoin?

I need to loan Bitcoins because I will need them in the future, not now. So since I have some bitcoins right now, I want to change it into the currency that I can use as a collateral.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:50:40 PM

Bitcoin?

I need to loan Bitcoins because I will need them in the future, not now. So since I have some bitcoins right now, I want to change it into the currency that I can use as a collateral.

Altcoins are a common collateral on this forum. Pretty much any altcoins will do. I suppose local currencies would be atequette collateral, but if the person you are lending has fiat they should just purchase the Bitcoins themself.
BTCLender (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:54:26 PM

Bitcoin?

Altcoins are a common collateral on this forum. Pretty much any altcoins will do. I suppose local currencies would be atequette collateral, but if the person you are lending has fiat they should just purchase the Bitcoins themself.

1. How can I get altcoins and altcoin wallet?
2. What is a fiat?
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 11:35:38 PM

Bitcoin?

He said he would like to lend money outside the forum. Since cryptocurrencies are unknown to people outside the forum, I think the only valid collateral would be physical collateral, like electronics, jewelry or artwork, but there is always a risk that the other part call the police and say that you stole the stuff from him, and get back the collateral he gives
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 12:40:29 AM

altcoins can be laundered out easily, i guess lenders can scam this way.
actual loan doesn't require collateral or 100%(no more, no less) value of collateral.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
BTCLender (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 12:47:41 AM

Any place where I can get Altcoins with Bitcoins?
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 12:58:45 AM

www.poloniex.com (one of them)
i trade with bitcoins there, numbers of alt coins avaliable.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 01:26:50 AM

You'll need to elaborate some more, maybe if you could tell us what currency you are getting and what do you have your self maybe it would help
BTCLender (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:24:49 AM

Thank you, I will use that website. By any chance do you know if I need a wallet for altcoins? If I do, could you link it for me if you know? Thanks!
BTCLender (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:31:33 AM

Thank you, I will use that website. By any chance do you know if I need a wallet for altcoins? If I do, could you link it for me if you know? Thanks!

Thank you everyone for your help. I thought altcoin was a name of a currency, but like its name, it's alt coins, coins used as alts. That cleared things up. Thank you everyone for everything! Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: