Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:56:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's have a lottery  (Read 371 times)
zerorabbit23 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 11:12:51 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2015, 12:55:11 AM by zerorabbit23

Hi all,

I want to start a small bitcoin lottery in this thread.  I will take .001 BTC deposits to my bitcoin address in my signature, and will pay out to a random entrant in 48 hours (6PM CST on July 12).  I will pay out 50% of the pot so if there are more than 2 players, the winner will get a profit.  If there are 2 players or less, then I will return the player's investments, as the players would not be able to make a profit if they won.

Please post your bitcoin address in a reply to this thread when you enter. That will make it easier to keep track of the total number of players. Smiley

Rules:
1)Each entry costs .001 BTC (1 mBTC). Please deposit said 1 mBTC to 17Ko1YEivBycva8U1FhZSBDVeJPDPytmnx to enter the lottery.
2)Only 1 mBTC may be entered per user, to guarantee a pofit on winning. Any extra mBTC will be returned.  (If player A submitted 2 mBTC, player B submitted 1 mBTC, and player C submitted 1 mBTC, and player A won, then per the 50% of the pot rule, player A would not make a profit)
3)Entry starts with this post and ends in 48 hours, at 6PM CST on Sunday July 12.
4)Once the lottery entry period ends, I will tally the total number of players, number them with earliest starting at 1 and numbering them on up to the latest entry.  
5)I will then pick randomly from those number using https://www.random.org/integers/, and the player associated with the winning number will win 50% of the total pot. I will post a screenshot of the random number generated screen on the forum along with the winning payout transaction with the post announcing the winner.
6)If there are 2 or fewer players at the end of the 48 hours, I will return the entered bitcoins to their respective players.

Have fun and hopefully we get a lot of players, so the pot will grow large! Cheesy

------
Edit
------

This is no longer going to occur, as the poster below has made me aware that threads like this are not profitable nor is it encouraged
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 11:16:47 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2015, 11:49:46 PM by waterpile

Hi all,

I want to start a small bitcoin lottery in this thread.  I will take .001 BTC deposits to my bitcoin address in my signature, and will pay out to a random entrant in 48 hours (6PM CST on July 12).  I will pay out 50% of the pot so if there are more than 2 players, the winner will get a profit.  If there are 2 players or less, then I will return the player's investments, as the players would not be able to make a profit if they won.

Please post your bitcoin address in a reply to this thread when you enter. That will make it easier to keep track of the total number of players. Smiley

Rules:
1)Each entry costs .001 BTC (1 mBTC).
2)Only 1 mBTC may be entered per user, to guarantee a pofit on winning. Any extra mBTC will be returned.  (If player A submitted 2 mBTC, player B submitted 1 mBTC, and player C submitted 1 mBTC, and player A won, then per the 50% of the pot rule, player A would not make a profit)
3)Entry starts with this post and ends in 48 hours, at 6PM CST on Sunday July 12.
4)Once the lottery entry period ends, I will tally the total number of players, number them with earliest starting at 1 and numbering them on up to the latest entry.  
5)I will then pick randomly from those number using https://www.random.org/integers/, and the player associated with the winning number will win 50% of the total pot. I will post a screenshot of the random number generated screen on the forum along with the winning payout transaction with the post announcing the winner.
6)If there are 2 or fewer players at the end of the 48 hours, I will return the entered bitcoins to their respective players.

Have fun and hopefully we get a lot of players, so the pot will grow large! Cheesy

You're not the first to do this and the one's before you ended up a failure and no one was interested, heck even if they do escrow there were only 1-2 participants.. plus newbie starting up a lottery without a site is a big NO NO in here.
zerorabbit23 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 12:48:47 AM

Thanks for the warning.  I will not do this again.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 01:06:25 AM

Hi all,

Rules:
1)Each entry costs .001 BTC (1 mBTC).

You're not the first to do this and the one's before you ended up a failure and no one was interested, heck even if they do escrow there were only 1-2 participants.. plus newbie starting up a lottery without a site is a big NO NO in here.

of course is "big NO NO", but you need to understand that people needs a way to start. in a nutshell you wanna get rid of newbie attempt. we are new once man. respect others so people respect you.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 01:13:31 AM

Ahh. I see you have a neat a nice idea. Well, there's a loophole. You can edit the website on most modern web browser such as Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. And thus, it's not provably fair. I came up with an idea which is provably fair. You can check it out at http://bitrevenues.com/. Also, I take only ~10% the profit. No one is allowed to buy ticket. They are only allowed to claim ticket every one hour. The money in the pot come from revenues from Ads. So, no one can call me scammer or whatever since they did not invest any Bitcoin into it - only time. I know your lottery is closed. However, you're more than welcome to join my site and stand a chance to win 0.015 BTC. There's currently a promotion whereas you can claim a ticket every 30 minutes. The promotion will end next week.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
ianbelada2

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 01:18:37 AM

thinking of easy money? wrong move mate. even Hero and Legendary started a game like this but no one played

jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:10:19 AM

This kind of game is not really a very effective way to attract participants. I've seen a lot come and go and nothing happened to them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: