Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 12:39:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitfinex OK right now? Our LARGEST exchange... anyone know?  (Read 414 times)
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 01:53:48 AM

Initiated a withdrawal for 100 LTC's and pending for 4 hours now.

All the while LTC price is dropping.  This is unacceptable.  Why is this?  I thought it was instant.

If I had known I would have just withdrew with BTC.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:12:05 AM

It is possible that their LTC hot wallet was dry and they needed to refill it from their cold wallet. This would not be surprising considering the fact that I would think a lot of people would withdraw their LTC after a LTC price crash.

I would expect the same behavior if market conditions were the same for bitcoin.

The process for replenishing the hot wallet (from their cold wallet) is going to be a long and time consuming one for companies that handle large amounts of crypto-currencies on behalf of their customers, otherwise it would not be very cold and they would be risking that money would be lost.
doublemore

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:01:31 PM

Initiated a withdrawal for 100 LTC's and pending for 4 hours now.

All the while LTC price is dropping.  This is unacceptable.  Why is this?  I thought it was instant.

Yeah its bad timing for you, they do say its not always instant.  I dont know what type of customer you are maybe they can do something for you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: