Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:15:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on START?  (Read 622 times)
unusualfacts30 (OP)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:29:32 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2015, 07:25:51 AM by unusualfacts30

Smiley

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:04:00 AM

All altcoins these days are crap, they either have large premines, instamines, scams, incompetant/shady devs or fail to contribute anything new to cryptocurrency as a whole. Best to take your invesment and buy some of the top 10 coins (just stay away from ripple and dash).
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 09:55:06 AM

All altcoins these days are crap, they either have large premines, instamines, scams, incompetant/shady devs or fail to contribute anything new to cryptocurrency as a whole. Best to take your invesment and buy some of the top 10 coins (just stay away from ripple and dash).

Why would you recommend staying away from ripple? I don't really like how it's set up, but do you think its value will drop?

As for START, Max Keiser starting a second currency is a bit of a red flag for me. Still, it's had a nice pump.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:33:50 AM

what scam number are we up to now with damn the evil bankers, evil wanker Max Keiser  Huh

suckers born every second
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:35:32 AM

I had to sell at loss because I'm never ready for this kind of downward movement and tbh I'm not sure if I'll be investing in START again.

Well, you know that short term investing in cryptocurrency is a gamble?

Personally, I would have held on to the START. There are a few straight bitcoin forks that exist for some wider aim, START, Maidsafe, namecoin etc. Do you research on the community, body of work and media hype around these and invest accordingly. In my opinion they are less of a gamble than the Bitcoin forks that add NOTHING in way of features or purpose, DOGE, LITECOIN etc.

The coins I would invest long term are ones that are not forked from Bitcoin and NOT forked from themselves. So NEXT, BYTECOIN, RIPPLE and possibly DASH (even though it is not technically in this category).

Don't listen to people who say you shouldn't invest in a coin for reasons of fairness, in-fighting or 'not following the unwritten rules of the crypro priesthood'. The world doesn't work like that. If it did we would still have CEOs scared of beardie computer operators on $4000 a day.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
unusualfacts30 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:41:11 AM

what scam number are we up to now with damn the evil bankers, evil wanker Max Keiser  Huh

actually I invested in it because of Russel Brand and I was hoping he would do more for promotion than just tweeting it once...it could be great if he promoted it like it was his baby but report shows otherwise...he is supporting it with half ass and who knows what's going on in the background.

Maxcoin and Quark was fail and lot of people in crypto are turned off by "max keiser" name itself. He used to be stockbroker and knows how to take advantage of people in crypto. I don't see any buy support from him and it's not helping his cause at all.

Even on his tweeter I see him using 98% of the time tweeting bitcoin than startcoin...that's weird becuase you would think that he would promote it in his every post.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 11:01:44 AM

Why would you recommend staying away from ripple? I don't really like how it's set up, but do you think its value will drop?

As for START, Max Keiser starting a second currency is a bit of a red flag for me. Still, it's had a nice pump.

Ripple is a pre mined centralised scam that has artificial value. Best not to invest into coins like these but thats just my opinion.
JBC

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 11:13:20 AM

actually I invested in it because of Russel Brand and I was hoping he would do more for promotion than just tweeting it once...it could be great if he promoted it like it was his baby but report shows otherwise...he is supporting it with half ass and who knows what's going on in the background.

Disclaimer:  Own zero start.

Russel Brand has been on television promoting it.  Even opened a cafe called Trew Era which accepts it.  I agree with your later point that it isn't enough.  Especially when the business still accepts regular £££.  All the businesses which accept crypto are the same: they get a few dozen transactions and 99.9% of their business is otherwise in Fiat and the crypto option is later withdrawn as nobody really uses it.

We are talking about someone with a networth of $15 million ("nojelly") and I bet he is more liquid than most people of his net worth who are asset rich cash poor.  He can afford to take an investment like accept Start only or offer a 50%-75% discount to encourage adoption in his locality.  Worse case scenario he still has some career and can make back any money lost.

This is the guy who between various social media websites may have up to 10 million fans and yet he can't even get 1000 of them to adopt his Startcoin.  Either that means his followers are fake accounts (then who is buying his movies and books?!) or indicates other possibilities like no wants a cryptocurrency started by a comedian.

JBC Japan Bitcoin
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:35:54 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 03:22:12 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

Dpstewart40

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:17:48 PM

It is quite obvious that those knocking StartCOIN are too lazy to do their homework to discover the backing that the coin has. It is fast riding up the market cap charts, and with good reason. The coin is backed by StartCOIN Holdings Ltd, which has many other profit making companies as part of it's family. These include StartCOIN, StartJOIN (successful crowdfunding platform), StartWallet, StartPay, StartChat, StartCOIN ATM's, Crowdfactor (RT.com TV show soon to be aired), a 25% stakeholding in Bitcoin Capital (a multi-million £ crypto VC fund), and the soon to be released StartFund (a £20m investment hedge fund managed by Karl Gray). It has hard backing by dedicated teams and strong influential people, who's motivation is to get StartCOIN listed as the number 2 crypto currency globally. It will very soon hit the Chinese exchanges which will hopefully achieve that objective.

Some people have claimed that StartCOIN is a scam coin. This mis-information is based largely upon the 27 million (50%) coin premine which has been no secret and is achieving it's objective by giving away free coins every Friday to those that have pledged to projects on StartJOIN (crowdfunding platform). There have also been produced, thousands of StartCOIN scratchcards with each containing a minimum of 100 StartCOINs (some also with 500 or 1000 coins). These have been given away free to the general public (and are still given out at events etc) as well as being given away in the form of flashfunds for StartJOIN projects that are struggling to gain traction. The premined coins are not being stored for an individuals personal wealth, but are given away as rewards and as a means of getting the coin out into the world to those that may not have even heard of Bitcoin, let alone any other crypto coin. Anyone who has slammed the coin for this reason are simply lazy for not doing enough homework on it, or they have a vested interest in another coin that they would like to see gain the number 2 market cap spot, or have a personal vendetta against those involved in promoting the coin eg Max Keiser (a brilliant economist who spends his career exposing Ponzi schemes and banksters etc). Those who follow or oppose Russell Brand may wonder why he has not fully got behind StartCOIN. They also need to do their homework to discover that he is secretly a member of the Fabian Society, with strong connections to the Rothchilds and the Goldsmiths. They have a vested interest in the current banking system and so do not want crypto currencies (being decentralized) as a widely used payment system. The only reason Russell has tweeted support for the coin only once, is to not raise too much attention to it, whilst still doing just enough to get crypto-heads to follow his Pied Piper agenda (a way of gathering up the awakened and leading them to a non-violent and controlled revolution rather than the inevitable "guillotine for the aristocrats" approach). As Lenin said, "The only way to control a revolution, is to lead it yourself". I believe that Max Keiser may himself be waking up to that realisation, judging by his recent criticism of Russell.

Another reason that StartCOIN is a sound future investment, centre's around it's upcoming potential to fuel a payment system alongside Bitcoin, for the soon to be released Internet 2.0 (otherwise known as MegaNet). MegaNet is a venture from Kim Dotcom's team of developers (as revenge for what the US Govt and MPAA done to him and his MegaUpload company) who are creating a new internet that will be completely encrypted, decentralised, and free from IP's, making it impossible to hack, impossible to censor, and impossible for government snooping. It will also be free to access! It is being designed designed to only accept crypto for payments and completely turn it's back on FIAT currencies.

Please feel free to disregard this statement at your peril. I make this statement as a successful project owner on StartJOIN, but not as a member of the company. My project was overfunded within 2 weeks, 80% of which was in StartCOIN. The community is strong, as is the future of the coin!

Thank you for reading

Davey Smiley
unusualfacts30 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:11:11 PM

It is quite obvious that those knocking StartCOIN are too lazy to do their homework to discover the backing that the coin has. It is fast riding up the market cap charts, and with good reason. The coin is backed by StartCOIN Holdings Ltd, which has many other profit making companies as part of it's family. These include StartCOIN, StartJOIN (successful crowdfunding platform), StartWallet, StartPay, StartChat, StartCOIN ATM's, Crowdfactor (RT.com TV show soon to be aired), a 25% stakeholding in Bitcoin Capital (a multi-million £ crypto VC fund), and the soon to be released StartFund (a £20m investment hedge fund managed by Karl Gray). It has hard backing by dedicated teams and strong influential people, who's motivation is to get StartCOIN listed as the number 2 crypto currency globally. It will very soon hit the Chinese exchanges which will hopefully achieve that objective.

Some people have claimed that StartCOIN is a scam coin. This mis-information is based largely upon the 27 million (50%) coin premine which has been no secret and is achieving it's objective by giving away free coins every Friday to those that have pledged to projects on StartJOIN (crowdfunding platform). There have also been produced, thousands of StartCOIN scratchcards with each containing a minimum of 100 StartCOINs (some also with 500 or 1000 coins). These have been given away free to the general public (and are still given out at events etc) as well as being given away in the form of flashfunds for StartJOIN projects that are struggling to gain traction. The premined coins are not being stored for an individuals personal wealth, but are given away as rewards and as a means of getting the coin out into the world to those that may not have even heard of Bitcoin, let alone any other crypto coin. Anyone who has slammed the coin for this reason are simply lazy for not doing enough homework on it, or they have a vested interest in another coin that they would like to see gain the number 2 market cap spot, or have a personal vendetta against those involved in promoting the coin eg Max Keiser (a brilliant economist who spends his career exposing Ponzi schemes and banksters etc). Those who follow or oppose Russell Brand may wonder why he has not fully got behind StartCOIN. They also need to do their homework to discover that he is secretly a member of the Fabian Society, with strong connections to the Rothchilds and the Goldsmiths. They have a vested interest in the current banking system and so do not want crypto currencies (being decentralized) as a widely used payment system. The only reason Russell has tweeted support for the coin only once, is to not raise too much attention to it, whilst still doing just enough to get crypto-heads to follow his Pied Piper agenda (a way of gathering up the awakened and leading them to a non-violent and controlled revolution rather than the inevitable "guillotine for the aristocrats" approach). As Lenin said, "The only way to control a revolution, is to lead it yourself". I believe that Max Keiser may himself be waking up to that realisation, judging by his recent criticism of Russell.

Another reason that StartCOIN is a sound future investment, centre's around it's upcoming potential to fuel a payment system alongside Bitcoin, for the soon to be released Internet 2.0 (otherwise known as MegaNet). MegaNet is a venture from Kim Dotcom's team of developers (as revenge for what the US Govt and MPAA done to him and his MegaUpload company) who are creating a new internet that will be completely encrypted, decentralised, and free from IP's, making it impossible to hack, impossible to censor, and impossible for government snooping. It will also be free to access! It is being designed designed to only accept crypto for payments and completely turn it's back on FIAT currencies.

Please feel free to disregard this statement at your peril. I make this statement as a successful project owner on StartJOIN, but not as a member of the company. My project was overfunded within 2 weeks, 80% of which was in StartCOIN. The community is strong, as is the future of the coin!

Thank you for reading

Davey Smiley

I never said it's not a good investment..I'm just saying that someone needs to be held accountable so it doesn't dump like crazy...russel brand and max keiser can come together and put some kind of buy wall as price moves upward..it'll gain more trust from investors. With big names behind this coin why is it even losing 50% of the value when price is at 0.20 cents. It's their baby so they shouldn't have any issue with making investors feel safe and put up buy wall on exchange. Max used to be stock broker I'm sure he has technical skills required to keep price stable.

As we all know Max has screwed up his name in crypto by creating crap such as Maxcoin and Quark. He should be as careful as possible with Start.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Dpstewart40

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:06:30 PM

I never said it's not a good investment..I'm just saying that someone needs to be held accountable so it doesn't dump like crazy...russel brand and max keiser can come together and put some kind of buy wall as price moves upward..it'll gain more trust from investors. With big names behind this coin why is it even losing 50% of the value when price is at 0.20 cents. It's their baby so they shouldn't have any issue with making investors feel safe and put up buy wall on exchange. Max used to be stock broker I'm sure he has technical skills required to keep price stable.

As we all know Max has screwed up his name in crypto by creating crap such as Maxcoin and Quark. He should be as careful as possible with Start.

Whenever the price takes a tumble, it is usually followed by an announcement. In this recent tumble, I would assume it is to do with the upcoming share offering of StartCOIN Holdings Ltd on BnkToTheFuture.com which generally gets offered up for StartCOIN payments rather than FIAT. There is no doubt in my mind (only a personal opinion) that the price gets suppressed in order to gain more coins rather than less coins for shares. After, you will see the price double or treble which happened after the June 22nd (a few weeks ago) 48hr flashfund offering.

As for Maxcoin... It was never Max's coin. It was a joint venture by 2 clever tech-head Keiser fans who got Max to back it by name only. It was then that Max realised he could create a new coin centred around crowdfunding. His backing of crypto is based largely on his love of Bitcoin, and so was happy to lend his name and backing to Maxcoin, until realising the potential for a largely premined coin for public giveaways. He still backs Maxcoin as far as he would back any decentralized currency. Only now, he has StartCOIN with a new direction angled toward the power of community crowdfunding.

I understand your dismay, unusualfacts30, at the falling price of StartCOIN, but it is a drop in the ocean compared to the 2014 fall of the Bitcoin price going downwards rapidly from over $1000 per coin. StartCOIN will find it's feet one day very soon. Don't be alarmed because you made a loss on 0.45 BTC. Bitcoin had the same ups and downs, pumps and dumps etc, but look where it is now in the world of respected currencies. START can have the same wealth patterns too!
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 11:39:40 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 04:22:04 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: